Nice U2 medley (acoustic guitar)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flameandthefire

The Fly
I was looking for a new amp and found this nice clip! It's very nice U2 medley played with acoustic guitar through Rivera Sedona acoustic guitar amp by someone called Doyle Dykes.

Sure gave me a nice warm feeling - hope it works for you as well :)

Go to page below and click "Sedona" and you will be able to hear the clip.

http://www.rivera.com/tones.php

that was really good....love the WOWY in it, and the way it ends

great stuff, anyway to get that on download?

OK, had to d/l and install damn Quicktime to hear it...well worth it, very cool.

I'd also like to know how to d/l it...if no one knows I'll just record it with CoolEdit in realtime I guess.

That was a beautiful thing. You know what would be cool? If U2 ever did a chill out MTV unplugged event...have this guy play this acoustic medley as the band's intro as the lights dim down.

Hallucination said:
Is there a way to download it?

Hmm.. let's see what my Linux machine says - ooh, when I right click, I have an option to "save as" :) OK, this is Linux only and works this way with MPlayer Firefox plugin. Another option I see when I right click with my Linux computer is "Copy URL" - let's try that one also. Here's what I got:

http://www.rivera.com/sedona/U2_Medley

Edit - nevermind - this Interference message software does not allow me to display that link properly (perhaps because it's mp3 file - probably not allowed to have links to mp3 files). Damn, sorry. PM me if you want it.

Last edited:
OK, for the Windows folks...you can go to the page & right click to open the "Sedona" link in a new window (or use flameandthefire's link). Copy that link and open it in media player (file>open URL) - the song will play. Now click save as and save as usual. You will probably have to rename it to a .empeethree file, but it works. If you have trouble renaming, in windows explorer go to tools>folder options>view tab, and uncheck "hide file extensions for known filetypes", then click OK and then rename the file to U2_Medley.empeethree.

I really like this...

Edit: Wow, didn't realize "empeethree" was a banned word, oops :)

Thanks very much Flameandthefire.

I can make out WOWY. What are the other songs played and where are they located in the track?

Last edited:
Awesome Neutral Thank you so much!!

U2Soar I think the only songs are WOWY and ISHFWILF. About half way through it switches over to ISHFWILF. At elats that's all I hear so far. Only listend to it twice though so....

Yep, WoWY and ISHFWILF. Man I'm so loving this track. I particularly like the part which would be "nothing to win, nothing left to lose" if it had lyrics. If U2's acoustic sets sounded like that I think people would stop complaining about how boring they are...

Thanks flameandthefire I was able to save it :)

Back
Top Bottom