Next U2 tour (chicago)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GqBonO

Babyface
Hey Whats Up People Im new to posting though Ive had this name for awhile but it seems pretty cool. Cannot wait till the next U2 album comes out I hate to say this but im almost hoping U2 goes back to a huge stadium tour i LOVED Elevation tour but miss the Zoo and PoPmart tours. Im in Chicago and wouldnt mind hearing from some U2 fans around here even Wisconsin and Indy. Im gunna update my profile so If anyone wants to know anything jus ask. Also Im just curious how you guys feel about what kind of tour you would like to see from U2 in the next year or 2 thanks
GqBonO

I believe in Kingdome come....:wave:

GqBonO said:
Hey Whats Up People Im new to posting though Ive had this name for awhile but it seems pretty cool. Cannot wait till the next U2 album comes out I hate to say this but im almost hoping U2 goes back to a huge stadium tour i LOVED Elevation tour but miss the Zoo and PoPmart tours. Im in Chicago and wouldnt mind hearing from some U2 fans around here even Wisconsin and Indy. Im gunna update my profile so If anyone wants to know anything jus ask. Also Im just curious how you guys feel about what kind of tour you would like to see from U2 in the next year or 2 thanks
GqBonO

I believe in Kingdome come....

I'm a crazy Midwesterner as well...from Chicago too I might add.

GqBonO, have you ever seen the U2 Tribute band Elevation? They're in Chicago almost every weekend. They put on a GREAT show! Here's their website Elevation USA

Back to the topic at hand...I've only seen U2 during the Elevation Tour (all six times mind you, hehe) and if they play stadiums next tour I think I'll be dissapointed. I was at the tip of the heart for 4 out of the six shows, inside for one and had nosebleeds for one. I'm kinda spoiled by being so close for all those times. I know if they do a stadium tour I won't be so close. :sigh:

I want another arena tour with General Admission. :up:

:wave:

hey any of you going to the Elevation USA show tonight? My sister is going and I told her to drop my name and see if anyone cares.

sharky said:
hey any of you going to the Elevation USA show tonight? My sister is going and I told her to drop my name and see if anyone cares.

I may be going...I generally go to all of their shows. Has your sister seen them before?

Hey all. I'm a crazy midwesterner from Ohio!! Been to Chicago a few times, and really love it. Going there in November to visit my brother in law at college. I know that there are two camps in this thread; those who want an arena tour, and those who long for U2's return to stadiums. Maybe you'll both be in luck. I've heard that they are doing arenas next year, and then return in the spring of 2005 for a stadium tour, provided that U2 aren't huge, embarassing failures by then. :wink: So maybe you'll both be in luck.

I hope they do the stadium tour. I really can't see U2 doing a stadium show any closer to me than chicago. Ohio has a decent sized U2 fan base, but I don't think they would do a stadium show here. So I'll be heading up to Chicago if there is a stadium show. I would love to see U2 in a stadium. I did once in 97, but I was 15 then, and didn't completely appreciate it. Hope you both get what you want! All I want is for them to actually release the ablum and go on tour ASAP!!!

i am from cincinnati ohio, but i live in oxford ohio, about 10 minutes from indiana border. i have been to chicago to see u2 and also in south bend. i have seen them a total of 6 times. chicago 5 -12-01, i was right behind the band 2 nd row, smack dab in the middle. very close in south bend as well.

i would like to see them start out in arena and then do some stadium shows. same as they did on zoo tv tour.

i hope this next album is what they say it is , so far. being that edge's guitar is heavier; which would be really cool.

Edgette said:

I may be going...I generally go to all of their shows. Has your sister seen them before?

nope this is the first time, and its because I told her she needed to see them sometime. its a block from her place or something so she said she might as well go. we'll see what she says tomorrow.

You know, Grand Rapids, Michigan sucks b/c it's pretty boring (though large) and cold all the time, but U2-venue-wise, it's a decent place to be. I'm within driving distance of Detroit, Cleveland, Southbend, Indy, Chicago, maybe even Toronto....

Yeah, on Elevation I was about in the middle of Cleveland, Indianapolis and Lexington, in that little place called Columbus. So I had 4 shows around me in the same week. Unfortunately I only made it to 2 of them. Stupid money. But luckily, I got to go back for my 3rd and final elevation show in South Bend. South Bend was the best atmosphere at any concert ever. It was just a great place to be. I doubt they'll play there, though, ever again. That was one of them once in a lifetime deals.

LivLuv, Doesn't Grand Rapids have the Van Andel Arena? Maybe they'll make in there someday.

The_acrobat said:

LivLuv, Doesn't Grand Rapids have the Van Andel Arena? Maybe they'll make in there someday.

Yes, it does. U2 hasn't played GR since 1981 and my hope rests on the arena, but they didn't come around last time so who knows :shrug: I believe it seats 15,000 but 18,000 using the floor as well. So not the biggest place....but not the smallest either. If the boys never come back, it's fine, I'm a road tripper anyways.

Yeah that would be amazing if they do both arena and Stadium. I know the people who were so close up in the heart loved it i did to cuz i was one of those people but there is also something very spiritual about being in a mammoth stadioum with U2 on a video wall the size of a big building with the city Skyline in the distance and hearing 70k fans sing out karaoke in sync with edge!!! haha its really amazing but either way. They are prejudice against midwesterners cuz this strand did get moved!!! haha

Pinball Wizard said:
There's lots of crazy mid-westerners here.

Don't be alarmed when your thread is moved.

They're out to get you... :shhh: just don't look them in the eye.

:up:

Not all of us mid-westerners are that crazy. Insane, maybe but never crazy. I just hope that they do close to what they did for Elevation, that was awsome to see at the United Center two years ago. It would be really interesting to do it again at Solider Field (I hope so too u2head, but It's interesting looking from what I have seen of it on TV.). But I really don't care for the most part what they do for their next tour, so long that they play the good stuff for the fans (And I don't mean just the hits, I mean if they also play the songs that haven't been played for awhile or the songs that never been played live too, that would be sweet.).

Back
Top Bottom