Next U2 Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyB

Babyface
Another four years, or another two years...?

lets hope for 2 years.

Hopefully u2 can keep their creativity alive and produce some good unique music.

Note that U2 have only taken about 1-2 years to MAKE each album.

When it will be RELEASED, however, is dependent upon the length of the tour, their post-tour break, and other commitments both within and outside the world of music.

Bono (?, I guess) recently told in an interview that they left lots of songs out of the HTDAAB by the time of the recording sessions... He talked about 25 songs (total) recorded by the time... I think that it would be very nice that thay could release a new album maybe mid-2006 after the Tour final break... What do you think?

My guess is October or November of 2007, right before the Christmas rush so they can capitalize on that again to boost album sales. :wink:

If somehow they would have to put a new album out in let's say 6 months, I'd bet it would be a better album than HTDAAB. With this one, everything is too calculated, thought over... Sometimes that's good, but this time, I'm not sure...:huh:

end of 2007. Bono said 2006 so you have to add at least one year to his statements :wink:

They will release it the same time as HTDAAB was, good for sales.

I think it will be at the end of 2008. They'll finish the upcoming tour early next year. But they will need a year off, plus 1-2 years to make the album.

Apparently, the current album was meant to be a two part album and the next album is the second disc.
Now we all know that u2 like to do things differently than everyone else, so they released ' 'how to dismantle an atomic bomb' first and they are gonna realise 'how to build the atomic bomb' in 2006, when they have finally had enough of the music business!!!!:wink:

The next album, i think, will be out in November 2008......and i would like to see Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno produce that record.....

I'll stick with my assumption of October or November of 2007. I figure the tour will wrap around next January or so, take six months off, and then a year to make it and three months to mass produce it and hype up a single (please not track one!) for it.

uhmmm......tough question.
Adam was asked: when do you know when the album is ready? He answered: when it's in the shops.
I would really like the next one to be out in late 2006, but with U2 you never can tell.
consider this: U2, first and foremost, are ARTISTS, so they release a record when they FEEL it's done and ready. then, the media machine starts to gear up, etc...
anyway, looking in retrospect, U2 are a very prolific band. in 24 yrs (80-04), they released 12 studio albums (including R&H and Pass, of course). that's a pretty good pace, if you consider all the tours, solo projects, movie soundtrax, charity work in between, etc....that makes an album every 2 yrs!!!!!
on one hand, I'd like to see them release records more often (ala BOWIE/n. Young), on the other hand I'm perfectly happy with their work pace.
I definitely take quality over quantity.
just look at REM: between 83 and 04 they released 13 records, but how many of them are really good?

My U2 biological clock is set to four years. Anything sooner than that will be a huge shock.

Back
Top Bottom