Next Tour Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahittle

Refugee
Super early, I know.

They've obviously milked the circular catwalk layout for two tours. So they can't do that three times in a row. And after that, they can't go back to a static standard stage.

What do you think they could do to keep pushing the envelope? In the round? That sonic pinpointing thingy?

ahittle said:
Super early, I know.

They've obviously milked the circular catwalk layout for two tours. So they can't do that three times in a row. And after that, they can't go back to a static standard stage.

What do you think they could do to keep pushing the envelope? In the round? That sonic pinpointing thingy?

I'd like to see them play some outdoor venues like merriweather post, alpine valley, or shoreline.

This time around, they'll hang from the ceiling by invisible cables and play above the audience.

^_______________^
hahahah wouldn't that be the best thing ever

btw, i do agree that the circular catwalk has lived out its glorious days =/

nobody reads this

AndrewCowley said:
Something simple, ala Love Town. So arenas in all markets except perhaps South America.

:mad:

they really blow it, as they should've used a round stage, as the Vertigo target... and they could've save the circular ramp for the next tour...

maybe a trident...

|
|====o
|
|======O
|
|====o
|

:hmm:

with the center one bigger, for a mini acoustic set, ala ZooTV

ahittle said:
That sonic pinpointing thingy?

The one they were talking about before Vertigo tour? :yes:

They could do a real technology tour; combine the new audio possibilities with live internet transmissions of shows, and downloadable live music after each show. *paging Itunes*.

Stage setup - the round catwalk is probably done. Moving parts of the stage (like the B-stage)?

coolian2 said:
Am i the only one who thinks that selling shows on iTunes will really suck?

Goodbye spontaneity

:scratch:...U2 and spontaneity don't exactly go together.

Something that Willie said about Zoo TV, that if anything during the U2 seems spontaneous, its allready been well rehearsed.

Thats not to say U2 don't...I mean there was the boston concert on the Vertigo tour with Bono Shouting "out of control" and adam still playing the bass line for "With Or Without You"

I do also think that snippets, and the fact that u2 are "perfectionists", might be a reason if the whole iTunes idea never takes off....

ahittle said:
They've obviously milked the circular catwalk layout for two tours. So they can't do that three times in a row.
Oh, they'll use a circular catwalk :wink:

i just hope they dont use the stadium vertigo stage design again.

because that one sucked.

U2Man said:
i just hope they dont use the stadium vertigo stage design again.

because that one sucked.

for some reason, it didnt make sense having those two tentacles. i would have preferred a single good old b-stage aka zoo-tv where all 4 band members could be playing.

U2Man said:

for some reason, it didnt make sense having those two tentacles. i would have preferred a single good old b-stage aka zoo-tv where all 4 band members could be playing.
Hmm, I quite liked the open air stage, in terms of symmetry, it looked really great in the stadiums. But then again, I liked the ellipse more, though I never saw it live, I just liked the close circle. I don't see why they should give that concept up for the next tour, I thought it worked quite well.

U2Man said:

No, because then you or the other person would complain that it was already done.

intro like popmart, coming through the crowd to the stage in center of the field, with big screens on top of the stadium/arena and a x-like catwalk so bono can walk to each side, left, right, front, back

Lasers everywhere!!! And one huge-ass smoke machine... :drool:

-Edge will wear a jet pack and fly around during the solo in BTBS.

-Bono will be catapulted into the venue from the parking lot.

-Adam will appear on a satellite link up from his secret bunker.

-Larry will be teleported next to his drum kit, until an accident half-way through the tour which will somehow merge his body with his drum kit making some sort of mutant drum-man...

That, my friends, would be hot. :drool:

elevated_u2_fan said:

-Larry will be teleported next to his drum kit, until an accident half-way through the tour which will somehow merge his body with his drum kit making some sort of mutant drum-man...

This is gonna be the best tour EVER!:hyper: :rockon:

:lmao: :bow: This may be the greatest thing I've ever read. Any plans for Paul McG?

elevated_u2_fan said:

You mean they STILL won't drop Bullet?

bono_man2002 said:

:scratch:...U2 and spontaneity don't exactly go together.

Something that Willie said about Zoo TV, that if anything during the U2 seems spontaneous, its allready been well rehearsed.

Thats not to say U2 don't...I mean there was the boston concert on the Vertigo tour with Bono Shouting "out of control" and adam still playing the bass line for "With Or Without You"

I do also think that snippets, and the fact that u2 are "perfectionists", might be a reason if the whole iTunes idea never takes off....

The little spontaneity that there is, i mean

Truth be told, I don't really care what the heck the stage is like as long as I manage to secure a ticket to my very first, you heard it, first U2 concert. lol U2 has for some reason skipped Tennessee on the last 2 major world tours.

I'm not sure what they'll do in terms of stage design but I can see them doing a mixture of indoor and outdoor shows again.

First Leg, US: Arenas
Second Leg, Europe: Arenas and Stadiums
Third Leg, US: Stadiums
Fourth Leg, South America: Stadiums
Fifth Leg, Australia, NZ, and Japan: Stadiums

Yes, and because of it all happening in 2009 and the album "The Unforgettable Fire" having its 25th anniversary then, U2 will decide to play a mini set from this album in their concerts:

1. "Pride"
2. "A Sort Of Homecoming"
3. "MLK"
4. "The Unforgettable Fire"
5. "Indian Summer Sky" or "Wire"
6. "Bad"

This all with the backdrop of the original tour '84/'85,
you'll see ...

Back
Top Bottom