Next Tour, How the song "Gone" should be performed live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should the song "Gone" be performed this way?

• Excellent idea diamond, I'm sure Willie Williams and Paul Mcguinness will be doing cart wheels with

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Good idea, this song could work employing parts of what you suggested here.

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • diamond, have you considered being a choreographer for and talent director for Hannah Montana?

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • No, this would be a nightmare for U2 Security

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I like it, parts of it could and should be developed

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • diamondbruno, you have quite an imagination.

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
I like the outside the box ( or in this case stage) thinking diamond.

If u2 did do this ....they'd find a way to make it work

U2 takes risks in the live arena and find ways to make them work ( ie the fly macphisto, the entire idea of popmart. This will never ever happen)

I think diamond is just pointing out the role of expermintation in u2's live show and at some level Bono does this every night, he puts himself out there ( not over the crowd on a scaffold) at the emotional level at the very least.

or am I just putting words in your mouth brother?

Arun V said:
I like the outside the box ( or in this case stage) thinking diamond.

If u2 did do this ....they'd find a way to make it work

U2 takes risks in the live arena and find ways to make them work ( ie the fly macphisto, the entire idea of popmart. This will never ever happen)

I think diamond is just pointing out the role of expermintation in u2's live show and at some level Bono does this every night, he puts himself out there ( not over the crowd on a scaffold) at the emotional level at the very least.

or am I just putting words in your mouth brother?

Arun-

You have a gift with words.
Thanks for letting me down gently-if it be true and Gone is not changed one iota.

If Gone is enhanced in any marginal degree than I have something here.

The cards are stacked against me because for all we know the new album could be a smashing success and there will be no need for an enhanced Gone.

On the other hand if hydraulics are employed to any degree this next tour, with or with out Gone- those that dismissed my brain child will be obligated to slap themselves. No need to admit their callousness publicly, nor go into the details of their self flagellation, I seek no triumph in their short sightedness.

<>

:| dude the grandiosity here is getting a bit ridiculous now, don'tcha think? Self-flagellation?

Seriously man, it's one thing to dream out loud and have big ideas, but you thinking that the naysayers are going to be writhing in agony over this is...well....a bit crazy man...

then again...I'm off kilter alot too so... :lol:

gabrielvox said:
:| dude the grandiosity here is getting a bit ridiculous now,

Seriously man, it's one thing to dream out loud and have big ideas, then again...I'm off kilter alot too so... :lol:

Brother Vox,

No, this is me mimicking a lot U2 fans beginning with the ridiculous wording of the pro poll choice answers to the obvious over the top pro diamond posts thru out the thread.

The grandiose is staged my friend, and the joke is on you.
;)

<>
:hug:

diamond said:

I think the band should employ hydraulic lifts for Bono to leap onto from stage and when he starts to sing the part:

"I'm not coming down
I'm not coming down"

The lift should slowly start to elevate him over the crowd up to a walkway/scaffoldling high above the audience. The spotlight should be a blinding light on him. His face and all of the Bono nuances and theatrics should be made viewable from the large monitors thru out the arena/statium

When he reaches the walkway/scaffolding he should be at the part of the song that is here:

You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

He should almost be singing acapella and act like he's balancing himself at this part and continue walking onward into a large blinding light as the song fades out.

I like it a lot up to this point. :up: I think it would be cooler to see Bono descend afterwards and walk back to the stage, rather than just have it be done secretly/magically. It would also be kind of cool if Bono stayed up there for another song, maybe sitting down with his feet off the ledge, singing WOWY or some other slow song towards the end of the show.

Like other people have said, Gone is just indescribable played live. Based off the Boston DVD (one of the only live performances I've listened to), they play the heck out of that song.

One of my absolute favorite songs as well :up:

ETA: Sheesh, I've just been reading the last few pages of posts. I must have missed this thread. Mine is one of the few relevant posts of the last few pages. :wink:

Re: Re: Next Tour, How the song "Gone" should be performed live

2861U2 said:

I like it a lot up to this point. :up: I think it would be cooler to see Bono descend afterwards and walk back to the stage, rather than just have it be done secretly/magically. It would also be kind of cool if Bono stayed up there for another song, maybe sitting down with his feet off the ledge, singing WOWY or some other slow song towards the end of the show.

Like other people have said, Gone is just indescribable played live. Based off the Boston DVD (one of the only live performances I've listened to), they play the heck out of that song.

One of my absolute favorite songs as well :up:

ETA: Sheesh, I've just been reading the last few pages of posts. I must have missed this thread. Mine is one of the few relevant posts of the last few pages. :wink:

Thank you for your kind words 2861U2.

Musing again as i do with my IPod Shuffle attached listening and being mesmeriized by the all encompassing throes of ZooRopa..wouldn't it be brilliant the walkway was shaped like this next tour ?:

HEART_DIA.jpg

..and Bono started to ascend upward on a small circular stage during the intro of this song. Of course Zoo station like smoke should be employed to add the necessary ambiance that would be so desired..

Am I a silly dreamer or what?

:wink:

<>

Re: Re: Re: Next Tour, How the song "Gone" should be performed live

diamond said:
Musing again as i do with my IPod Shuffle attached listening and being mesmeriized by the all encompassing throes of ZooRopa..wouldn't it be brilliant the walkway was shaped like this next tour ?:

HEART_DIA.jpg

..and Bono started to ascend upward on a small circular stage during the intro of this song. Of course Zoo station like smoke should be employed to add the necessary ambiance that would be so desired..

Am I a silly dreamer or what?

:wink:

<>
lol whut. That's a crossstitch pattern. And I don't quite grasp how it would work. How could Bono get from the center stage to the diamond ( :rolleyes: ) walkway? Would he leap over the crowd, or surf his way across (either way could result in bodily harm for either the audience or Bono)

No wait, I know. Hydraulic lifts :|

Please don't fuck with Zooropa. That's my other favourite U2 song.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Next Tour, How the song "Gone" should be performed live

DreamOutLoud13 said:

lol whut. That's a crossstitch pattern. And I don't quite grasp how it would work. How could Bono get from the center stage to the diamond ( :rolleyes: ) walkway? Would he leap over the crowd, or surf his way across (either way could result in bodily harm for either the audience or Bono)

No wait, I know. Hydraulic lifts :|

Please don't fuck with Zooropa. That's my other favourite U2 song.

There would be 4 walk ways to each corner of the diamond. The diamond shape would be like the Heart of Elevation Tour.
:)

It would be GA seating system to be on the diamond<-o->floor area.

This way Bono could roll around like the innerTrash Can little boy that he's and spread his slutiness around with equal ignominy.
:angry:. he could go to any point of the diamond that he felt.

A larger circle to be the Golden Circle Seats for a premium price where all of the corporate slags and non hard core fans were to sit, wishing as some of them do- that they were at a Bon Jovi concert instead of a U2 show.

On top of them would be Loge seats where the people with 9-5 jobs are forced to sit.

As my ideas continue to blossom, I shall post them accordingly as I obtain furthur U2 truth, light and knowledge.

Thank you,

Diamond

<>

Last edited:
If this idea or any portion is lifted and incorporated into the

"Diamond and Brutes Tour" I seek no public acknowledgement or station..

thank u
<>

Your brand of humor is quite... what's the word... odd?

No, that's not it...

Unique?

No, doesn't quite capture it either...

Ah, yes: lame.

ka-ching :wink:

I am already happy when it comes back to their setlist. This song (and the album it comes from) is soooo underrated. Hearing it live was amazing!! It made me completely crazy.

GONE and PLEASE have to come back!

Back
Top Bottom