Next Tour, How the song "Gone" should be performed live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should the song "Gone" be performed this way?

• Excellent idea diamond, I'm sure Willie Williams and Paul Mcguinness will be doing cart wheels with

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Good idea, this song could work employing parts of what you suggested here.

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • diamond, have you considered being a choreographer for and talent director for Hannah Montana?

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • No, this would be a nightmare for U2 Security

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I like it, parts of it could and should be developed

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • diamondbruno, you have quite an imagination.

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
My latest count with throwing out #3 and spliting #5 and #1 @ 50% each is:

19.5-Pro
17.5-Con

db9 wins ugly again:angry:

I was musing one time in the body or out of the body I know not and as i was swept away I found meself close to a large stage where Bono beckoned for me to be put atop my shoulders so that he could gain access to the far side of the ellipse, during the song Gone I think. The Ellispe was under seige, impassable or something of that nature and not usable at this time-this is why Bono called for me. The audience parted like the Red Sea per Bono's command as he guided us. A sense of calm and smokey mist had enveloped us as we proceeded...

.....Then all of a sudden my wife was yelling at me in the kitchen nook as I sat at the breakfast table in a trance, shouting-"David you should be "GONE" to work already"!!:censored:wtf?:huh:

I grabbed my laptop and was off.:angry:

She's a Josh Groban fan.

:wink:

dbs

Last edited:
db, you might just be in the wrong career, my friend. :wink:

You have some great ideas here. I'd suggest communicating them to PM or directly to Willie or Paul M., why not? I :heart: Gone, it's one of my favorites from the POP era & reminds me of the divorce I was going thru at the time:wink:

Great song :up:
Great ideas :up:

:yes: I voted!

Don't let the cynicism or facetious wise cracks get you down.

Remember this line- Dream, Dream Out Loud.

gone is my favorite song from the pop album. i'd be happy if they played it at all on the next tour! as for the theatrics you described dave, i'd say less is more.

Hate to pile on...but, I would rather see you carry him again! (I saw Diamond1...and if there is ever a Diamond2...Let me know!)

:hmm:

I dunno about the hydraulics. But I would love to see and hear the song live.........kinda R&H's "Exit".

Good imagination D.

Thanks for some of the recent kinder comments.:up:

Some of my advesarial respondents are close to having meltdowns at this point I suspect.

:angry:

rock and roll!!!

Nigel%20rocking.jpg

All,

I will keep you posted if I hear anything from Principle Management or any member of the band regarding this matter.

In the past I have corresponded with Mr. McGuinness and members of the band in person and via email-allegedly.

The lawyer in me says that I should qualify the preceding sentence with the word "allegedly";)

thank you, that's all-

<>

Attachments

• bonochatandsignvegasb4veg2.jpg
    bonochatandsignvegasb4veg2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
diamond said:
The lawyer in me says that I should qualify the preceding sentence with the word "allegedly";)

That's pretty sweet, dbs.

Coincidentally, I allegedly won $15 million for dancing a jig on top of the Golden Gate Bridge while wasted on Absinthe. :wink:

Diemen said:

Coincidentally, I allegedly won $15 million for dancing a jig on top of the Golden Gate Bridge while wasted on Absinthe. :wink:

hey i already read about that on the internet:angry:

Attachments

• davekevmrmcguiness.jpg
    davekevmrmcguiness.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 24
Mr theFly51-

I would expect a different take coming from a poster with such a bold name as yours.

dbs

Well dont get me wrong, I like the idea.
Its unique and creative and if it to were ever happen
It's sure to raise eyebrows but from all the posts i've read in this thread that have been argumentive...I'd be happy if they just play the song. :wink:

thankfully interference doesn't run u2's stage sets, play lists or make bono's decisions for him or them.

were that so there would be no interferece.com

dbs

Back
Top Bottom