news from @U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
The most recent report from Hanover comes from @U2 readers (thanks D&J) who spoke with Edge just a few days ago and shared the following:

single and album are targeted for this Fall

the album will not be the full-on hard rock LP that has been described previously

"American Prayer" was a side project and is not part of the new album

the band is in post-production now

Jacknife Lee did not help produce the album, but did briefly work on remixes

Steve Lillywhite was brought in to "help hammer things into shape"

the band is "very excited" about playing the new songs live and is working on a "scheme" to present to fans around the world
Meanwhile, speaking of the album and producers, @U2's Khoa Tran recently interviewed Daniel Lanois for the McMaster University newspaper as the school prepared to give Lanois an honorary degree. The conversation eventually turned to Lanois' work with U2, and specifically his visit to the studio last November to listen and help with the new material. Says Lanois:

"I got a call from Bono and Edge last week" he says, "and they tell me that the things we worked on prior to Christmas last year are still floating around and well."

*edit* :hyper: preparing the tour :hyper: post-production
So now we know what exactly Jacknife Lee was doing - remixes for the album or single(s)? :shrug:

Last edited:
"the album will not be the full-on hard rock LP that has been described previously"
Oh, really? So, what can we learn from this 4-year album expectation? NEVER TRUST BONO!!! First rock 'n' roll album my a**!!! At least American Prayer is not on it.

Well, some other thread here said 4-5 songs are hard rock and the rest is "classic U2" (Bono says), and only a couple of ballads (Edge said).
This could still mean this album will have the most rocking songs ever on a U2 record.

Last edited:
Or it means that U2 are trying to throw us all off so that no expectations or assumptions can be broken or raised until the album comes out.

You mean we could actually get an album like JT or AB? Records that covered every colour and shape, and had all kinds of different sounds. What's with U2 fans's obsession with "hard rock" all of a sudden? If you want to hear u2 rocking out like The Fly or HMTMKMKM, go listen to The Fly or HMTMKMKM. I'm looking for those really special songs, like Kite, Bad, One. Who cares if they're hard rock.

Last edited:
To make things more confusing, U2tour.de reports Universal still has the Best of 80-90 DVD on the calendar, but in London "headquarters" no one knows anything about it. U2tour.de suggests that maybe that DVD was to be released as a "fill-up" if the new album would not be ready this year.

HelloAngel: :shrug: I trust Edge is reliable on the info, just like Bono was and they only changed the album's sound slightly.

:hmm: A call from Bono and Edge to Lanois - is he getting back to producing their album?

Last edited:
I think I'll just sit here and wait impatiently until it comes out, and then I'll decide what I think it sounds like. :wink: And besides, this is Edge's opinion, not Bono's.

I think that having five out of 12 songs (that rock) will be enough for me. We should have known not to expect more than that.....just like Pop was a techno record......only 2 or three songs could go that far..........

SO WHAT if it doesn't fit into that "hard rock" category. I've never, ever been disappointed in a U2 album, and I'm sure I'll be happy with the new one. Considering how hard they've been working on it, I doubt it's gonna suck.

U2girl said:
U2tour.de suggests that maybe that DVD was to be released as a "fill-up" if the new album would not be ready this year.

That would be the musical disappointment of the century.:grumpy:

put

it

out.:scream:

yp an all out rock&roll album by u2 can suck.
they should have a nice mix so if the rock songs suck the pop ones will do great.
i trust what edge says.
sorry bono.

if every one wants rock&roll go listen to bands that rock.
u2 might not rock but they ahh fuck it
:wink:

After hearing all these stories i'm really not expecting something specific...there's so many different stories floating around and I think Carrie is right...I think they're trying to throw us off.

Back
Top Bottom