News from a fan site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Members of the site met the band, Lillywhite and Flood in the studio. They heard "All because of you" being worked on all day and they say it is very reminiscent of Beautiful day. Lillywhite told them the single is NOT All because of you and that the single is significantly harder and with more guitar from Edge.

Thanks for the update U2girl!!! I'm glad some of you can translate that site for us, I cant read a single thing there!!!

Sounds very intersting and promising :up:

Awesome! I could read some of the site but not all, so thanks for posting that. I'm starting to get extremely excited about all this!

:) You're welcome.

Also, Lillywhite said the album will finally be finished in the next two weeks. Maybe interesting as well is that the site says "All because of you is very reminiscent of Beautiful day, so the band stayed close to the ATYCLB sound, at least on this song."

Maybe that is suggesting the rest of the album is different to ATYCLB.

Last edited:
FullonEdge said:
So is there that 2 and a half minute clip?

No, as the other thread says, the longer clip - 53 seconds - is from U2place.com

Last edited:
Well, the guys from Spain still haven't posted their stuff. They claim they have more and it will be posted in the next couple of days.

I'm not sure what the hell they're waiting for.

U2achtung.com says All because of you sounds like a cross between Beautiful day and Beat on the brat.

:shrug:

I kind of disliked ATYCLB and never felt much for Beautiful Day. Beat on the breat was sort of cool so I wonder how I feel about All Because of You :huh:

(I really, really wish they would get rid of the ATYCLB sound/vibe - maybe built a big fire and burn it all ;))

elevation said:
(I really, really wish they would get rid of the ATYCLB sound/vibe - maybe built a big fire and burn it all ;))

:yes:

Please please please U2 don't go with the ATYCLB style this time or I will be hugely disappointed...unfortunately Bono's singing style in particular on that clip would slot effortlessly into ATYCLB, and that is really not what I want...particularly as the lyrics transcribed actually look great :(

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Also, Lillywhite said the album will finally be finished in the next two weeks. Maybe interesting as well is that the site says "All because of you is very reminiscent of Beautiful day, so the band stayed close to the ATYCLB sound, at least on this song."

Maybe that is suggesting the rest of the album is different to ATYCLB. [/B]

Remember that Lanois said that there were several hard rocking songs left off of "Behind" that they spent a lot of time on. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those songs survived after all of this time.

I really don't understand the parallels drawn to Beautiful Day with All Because Of You...It sounds nothing like it in my opinion.

SpaceBoy said:
I really don't understand the parallels drawn to Beautiful Day with All Because Of You...It sounds nothing like it in my opinion.

Completely agree. I really don't see much similarity at all, and if I'm guessing right, in what we can't hear, ABOY develops into something quite different to Beautiful Day.

Back
Top Bottom