Newer fan(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
I'm a newer fan so i have few questions. Well, not few, many.
1.What does WTSHNN mean? I don't get it. I fact, i don't get any of their songs except Bad. Please help.
2.What is Lemon??do they mean the fruit lemon???
3.What was with anouncing the popmart tour in kmart(or something like it)???
4.Did they make video for all singles?
5.Who is Salman Rushdie, Macphisto, The Fly???

That's it for now. i can't remember any other.
HELP

1. Where The Streets Have no Name
2. Lemon is a song from Zooropa
3.It was Ironic
4.As Far As I know Yea
6.Salman Rushdie is an authour, The Fly and Macphisto are Bon's alter ego's fro, the Zootv tour

they also made some videos of NON singles such as Red Hill Mining Town Until the end of the world etc. U can find all there 90's videos on the Best of 1990-2000 dvd. the best of 1980-1990 video is also available although it's more hard to find.

You have many answers already, but regarding Lemon, no one is quite sure what this one is about. As with most U2 songs, the lyrics are open to interpretation. Most things I have read, however, indicate that Lemon is about Bono's mother. Someone gave him old slides of his mother and father, and watching them really freaked him out. His mother was supposedly wearing a lemon-colored dress in the pictures.

Hope this helps. :)

miss becky said:
You have many answers already, but regarding Lemon, no one is quite sure what this one is about. As with most U2 songs, the lyrics are open to interpretation. Most things I have read, however, indicate that Lemon is about Bono's mother. Someone gave him old slides of his mother and father, and watching them really freaked him out. His mother was supposedly wearing a lemon-colored dress in the pictures.

Hope this helps. :)

I heard the same story as well.

My first interpretation of lemon was that lemon represented man's emotions. I know that I am off on this. :)

Pero said:

1.What does WTSHNN mean? I don't get it. I fact, i don't get any of their songs except Bad. Please help.

Where The Streets Have No Name is an inspirational song. Some people see it as meaning Heaven or just perhaps a "happy place." It is one of U2's most beloved songs.

When you say you don't "get any" of U2's songs besides "Bad" - do you mean that you don't understand them, or??

Let us know which songs you are unsure of - most of us are full of knowledge for ya!

thefly18ni.jpg
THE FLY
thefly24hz.jpg

Yes, i know what does WTSHNN, EBTTRT, UTEOTW... stand for, but, i don't understand any of u2's songs!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, i uderstand Bad-something about drugs(?)
Yes, i know that lemon is a song from Zooropa, but i didn't know that it also means the big disco ball(?)
And What was ironic in anouncing PopMart tour in Kmart????

Can FORUM MODERATORS make this thread important, and/or rename it so other newer fans can ask questions like this(if neccesary)???
Can someone please make a list of all songs and their meanings?
I need your help folks, because i can't interpretate Croatian songs, how could i do it with foreign?! HELP

Pero said:
Yes, i know what does WTSHNN, EBTTRT, UTEOTW... stand for, but, i don't understand any of u2's songs!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, i uderstand Bad-something about drugs(?)
Yes, i know that lemon is a song from Zooropa, but i didn't know that it also means the big disco ball(?)
And What was ironic in anouncing PopMart tour in Kmart????

*Where The Streets Have No Name, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Until The End of The World

*Bad is about heroin abuse/use

*Lemon does not mean the big disco ball. The band just chose to use a giant disco ball lemon as a prop on the PopMart tour. Lemon the song is debated to be about Bono's mother or sex.

*Announcing the tour in KMart was about the band "selling themselves to America" in the most "American" of retail stores - KMart. I guess it's ironic, or just plain sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom