New York in New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl33

The Fly
A lot of people here have said that U2 should avoid this song, or change the lyrics a bit and perform it as a tribute.

As a NYer my feeling is that the song is perfect for the time... though it will strike us right to the core, no doubt. The only line that bothers me is "religious nuts, political fanatics". I see where that could be a bit too much to take.

But for me personally, this song performed live right now would be somewhat cathartic. I'm really hoping they will still play New York at MSG. Does anyone else feel this way? Is there a side to this that I'm not seeing?

Just interested in other's perspectives...

PG33

i totally agree, partygirl! i, too, live in the city, and i really hope that they keep New York in the setlist. in fact, i'd love to see bono come out for that song wearing a FDNY hat!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
i totally agree, partygirl! i, too, live in the city, and i really hope that they keep New York in the setlist. in fact, i'd love to see bono come out for that song wearing a FDNY hat!
biggrin.gif

Holy crap...how cool would that be... I bet he does wear one, too! I'm glad my tickets are for Saturday, but I'm sort of jealous of those who will get to experience the first night at MSG!

Originally posted by partygirl33:
Holy crap...how cool would that be... I bet he does wear one, too! I'm glad my tickets are for Saturday, but I'm sort of jealous of those who will get to experience the first night at MSG!

nah, don't worry about- the last show in a particular city is usually the best! (that's when they usually mix up the set-list, etc.) i'll hopefully be at the 24th and 25th- can't make it to the 27th- but only if prop comes through!! *bites nails nervously*

Back
Top Bottom