New Window in the Skies video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

As far as the head bob thing who is to say who started the head bob but I think that thom's headbob is slightly different and he does this thing where he rotates his head around its hard to explain. I have seen them in concert quite a few times..

while not the exact video I found one on youtube that its pretty similar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTPD15N86Rs

skip to 2:55 and see the similarities

Edgette said:

WITS Cap -

059.jpg

Google search of Keith -

richards.gif

series1h_water_sale.jpg

of George -

george_harrison_4.jpg

It's definitely Keith. I don't even remember seeing George play a Les Paul very often. And I've been a Beatles nut for fifteen years.

yeah, it's keith. thanks for clearing that up.

I can't believe that Larry agreed to do a video in which he had to cheer. I can't believe it.

phillyfan26 said:
I can't believe that Larry agreed to do a video in which he had to cheer. I can't believe it.

ever see the stuck in a moment video? :eyebrow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

both eddie and vedder? :wink:

look i said it might be vedder in the one shot, i just don't think so. but there is no way in hell that other guy is p.diddy... it doesn't look remotely anything like him. the only thing that guy and diddy have in common is that they're both black. that's it.

You know I meant to say Eddie and P. Diddy. I think it's a bit odd to go "you need to get your eyes checked if you think this is p. diddy" since a) no one else saw it, so I'd say my eyesight is ok and b) you have no proof he isn't, unless you can ID him positively for someone else. :shrug:

And...that's Thom Yorke, not Paul McCartney. The face fits, and Paul never had such spiky hair.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

You know I meant to say Eddie and P. Diddy. I think it's a bit odd to go "you need to get your eyes checked if you think this is p. diddy" since a) no one else saw it, so I'd say my eyesight is ok and b) you have no proof he isn't, unless you can ID him positively for someone else. :shrug:

And...that's Thom Yorke, not Paul McCartney. The face fits, and Paul never had such spiky hair.

i'm not the only one who thought it was mccartney... other people thought the exact same thing. it's quick, it's blurry, it looks like a mcartney like move. i'm probably wrong, but that was my first impression.

witscap1mg4.jpg

the only thing that the person in that image has in common with sean combs is that they are both black. diddy more often than not wears glasses out in public, is a hell of a lot better dressed than that guy, and his skin pigmint is lighter than the man picture there as well. but you're right... i can't ID this guy. so there's always that it's the bluryness of the video and that it is, in fact, diddy.

don't bet the house on it.

I know, I'm just saying - as others did - that I don't think that's McCartney.

I've seen pictures of Diddy wearing elegant clothes as well as casual/street wear, and he doesn't always wear glasses. (the shot's too blurry to tell if he has glasses anyway)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
let's just hope that when u2.com finally gets around to posting this video that they include a list, in order, of everyone in it so that we all, my self included, can stop the idiotic bickering over what 2 second blurry video clip is what.

was there a second spitter?

I agree, I hope there will be a list so we can see for sure who is and who isn't in the video.

I watched it on full screen and "P. Diddy" doesn't look much better sadly.
I say no way on McCartney though.

Wow, that's a lot of arguing about who is and who isn't someone or someone else.

I think what's been said about rights and clearance from other artists probably answers the question as to why it's not on the U2 18 Singles DVD.

Either they couldn't get all the clearances they needed in time to finish the DVD, or they couldn't get the clearances/rights to sell all those performances.

Or, maybe U2 are money grubbing evil bastards out to screw all the loyal fans.

:wink:

thom yorke is in there playing there there.

i can tell by the guitar and the way he's moving around. ha i'm pycho

but really, i think i've seen that footage somewhere...

i like this video.

i only wish they had shown the outdoor footage more... that was beautiful.

I posted this on u2.com. I'll post these in this thread since this is where it's being discussed on interference. Never posted here before so be gentle to the noob. :)

Green = identified
Red = unidentified

I've got 102 screen caps of artists. There are still about, I'd say, 15 artists yet to identify. Enjoy!

---------

Here we go. I'll be posting these in batches. I made the screen captures as small as possible so my photobucket account doesn't overload.

If you can identify an artist or if I made a mistake by all means let me know.

I have not included the crowd shots, the African kids, or U2 sightings. This is all about the artists being paid homage in the video.

Let's begin!

001. Frank Zappa
001.jpg

002. Unidentified pianist
002.jpg

003. Billie Holiday
003.jpg

004. Simon and Garfunkel
004.jpg

005. Roy Orbison
005.jpg

006. Bjork
006.jpg

007. Ella Fitzgerald (Thanks recelee and gibbo!)
007.jpg

008. Bob Marley
008.jpg

009. Talking Heads
009.jpg

010. ???
010.jpg

011. Louis Armstrong
011.jpg

012. Unidentified drummer
012.jpg

013. Run DMC (Max and gibbo)
013.jpg

014. David Bowie
014.jpg

015. Unidentified drummer
015.jpg

016. Unidentified Bassist
016.jpg

017. Lou Reed
017.jpg

018. Frank Sinatra
018.jpg

019. Unidentified Bassist
019.jpg

020. Kanye West
020.jpg

021. Mick Jones (The Clash)
021.jpg

022. Nat King Cole
022.jpg

023. Paul Cook (Sex Pistols)???
023.jpg

024. Keith Moon (The Who)
024.jpg

025. Rolling Stones (Hyde Park) (gibbo)
025.jpg

026. Nina Simone (gibbo)
026.jpg

027. Sam and Dave (Kimberly)
027.jpg

028. Marvin Gaye
028.jpg

029. ???
029.jpg

030. Smokey Robinson and The Miracles (gibbo)
030.jpg

031. Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeah's) (gibbo)
031.jpg

032. Elvis Costello
032.jpg

033. Ramones
033.jpg

034. Jimi Hendrix
034.jpg

035. Unidentified Drummer
035.jpg

036. Nirvana