New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Utoo's comments. This video is very different. Not just in its subject, but in what it creates . . . anticipation. Plus, the No Line on the Horizon reference is there and man, if Sea and Sky are in fact album titles I will be wearing a diaper the day this album is released. I guarantee I will crap myself. :drool:

Maybe the album is called "No Line on the Horizon," and the discs are "Sea" and "Sky," like Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness had "Dawn to Dusk" and "Twilight to Starlight." :hmm:

Wow. That is a fantastic idea.

The thematic connection would be perfect; just as two apparently disparate elements - "sea" and "sky" - become one, the two albums could have different surface features with thematic connections that make the double album cohesive.

Yeah, and the album itself would really be "No Line on the Horizon" . . .

Maybe "Sea" is more rhythmic and rocking, and "Sky" is more atmospheric. I'd put Lanois on "Sea" and Eno on "Sky."

I like that idea (the two discs) - I think it sounds like it could be more experimental and interesting than usual. The video makes it pretty clear that the title is No Line on the Horizon, but I think Sea and Sky would make a better title ... this is of course knowing jack all about the album, other than Adam's apparent partiality to green tea during the recording process ... but Sea and Sky sounds better :wink:

Maybe the album is called "No Line on the Horizon," and the discs are "Sea" and "Sky," like Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness had "Dawn to Dusk" and "Twilight to Starlight." :hmm:

As much as I love that idea and think it would be really cool, part of me thinks its a bit too obvious and expected for a band thats pretty much against going the "obvious" and "expected" route.

Still a great idea though.

What about if that vid is the calm before the storm?!

it definitely does seem like it. i do think it's the last of the random U2.com videos. it seems like the wheels are in motion for a late Dec/early Jan single release, with a March release.

Anybody know for certain what the turn around time is for a band deciding to release a single and the actual time it takes for it to hit the airwaves? Is it lightning quick, or a longer process? IDK, maybe someone here is part of, or knows someone who works somewhat closely with the music industry and might be privy to that information.

The reason for my question is that its pretty much becoming clear that the wheels are indeed in motion. I just wonder what the logistics are for getting it done for a December release.

This is my first taste of Breathe. Oh my Holy crap Batman! :drool:

as i've said in the beach clips thread(s), breathe is the one im looking forward to the most. by far.

as for the link, im not sure of what it is for the non-members, but for members:
U2.com | Login

perhaps somebody else can figure it out for the rest of you mooching bastards :wink:

so much for the waves being the last U2 video. can't wait to see it. it's cool that U2 is putting snippets of their songs in these videos now.

this song sounds good, I'm just slightly worried over Bono's vocals on that take...they sounded weak and tired and scratchy.....yes I realize I'm being incredibly picky right now as you can barely even hear him, but just sayin what it sounds like :shrug:

hopefully that vocal take was nothing official...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom