New Video on U2.com Pt.2 (new 01/11/2009)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
atmospheric and meditative? Could these be the words describing the sound of new album?

obviously, the process is over, the album is finished, they've reached the other other side. Now it's time to lean back and wait for 2009.

IMO, this is the perfect "last video" before they come out with final album news and/or a single. With the lack of music and the obvious implication of the album or single title, to me it creates the perfect amount of anticipation and eagerness that one would want to build right before the big release.

The other videos had little tidbits that individually and even together don't amount to very much, nor do they necessarily give a huge indication of what the album will be like overall. This video, however, is a clear message to those who already have heard of the phrase "No Line on the Horizon," and thus probably gives the most complete clue of any of the videos yet. For me, the other videos had me wanting more videos for more tidbits; this video has me wanting the album.

If I were U2, I wouldn't release any more videos at all from now until the album's or single's release----and I'd release that single soon! :wink:

IMO, this is the perfect "last video" before they come out with final album news and/or a single. With the lack of music and the obvious implication of the album or single title, to me it creates the perfect amount of anticipation and eagerness that one would want to build right before the big release.

The other videos had little tidbits that individually and even together don't amount to very much, nor do they necessarily give a huge indication of what the album will be like overall. This video, however, is a clear message to those who already have heard of the phrase "No Line on the Horizon," and thus probably gives the most complete clue of any of the videos yet. For me, the other videos had me wanting more videos for more tidbits; this video has me wanting the album.

If I were U2, I wouldn't release any more videos at all from now until the album's or single's release----and I'd release that single soon! :wink:

actually I agree with everything here :up:

while I do want more videos, obviously, this video makes me think of getting the album more than it makes me think of next week's video

that new video looks soo dam cool...bono looks good and i cant wait for this stuff. like a drug!!

I think bazza might be talking about the clip that was posted on Flikr? It's on you tube now and there is a thread for it.

Yeah, hasn't someone - I can't remember right now if it was Lanois or someone from the band - described the new music exactly like that?

"Polyrhythmic" - Bono
"Fez was a drummer's paradise" - Bono
"It's very sophisticated, rhythmically" - Lanois
"Handplayed & Electro" - Lanois
"I was interested in the drum feels and that track 'Crosstown Traffic' has an incredible drum performance." - Lanois

"We're working with loose rhythmic structures" - Adam
"Later in the afternoon the strings have left the studio and all attention is focused on a group of percussionists that has arrived." - u2.com
"One song they have been working on sounds like a soultrack with distinct arabic rhythms" - u2.com
"They don't play in 4/4-time. They play in 5/4, 6/8 and 3/4-time." - Larry

The last ones I translated myself because I don't have access to the original reports from last year. To me all of that sounds like the total opposite of "atmospheric and meditative" expect for the Dallas track, Here Is What Is clip #4 and Brian Eno's description of Moment of Surrender.

Then there's the Lanois quote about the sound of Adam's bassguitar, I can't find it at the moment and the "Psychedelic Pop"-song that made Lilywhite go bonkers apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom