New Video For ES Kicks Ass! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2002, 01:58 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 11:13 AM

Video kinda went over my head too! BD-couple get it on and then the band jam, ES-couple get it on and....the band jam, pretty standard whatever stuff. Sam Morton is pretty sexy, and I really love the song now, but the video ain't anythin special

Old 09-29-2002, 10:48 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 09:13 PM
Q: U2 what is the significance of a reindeer in a video about couple and moments in their relationship?

A:
Why dont you ask the director?
well you see....its about a joruney that couple took...you know from the sea...well what the fcuk, I dont know!
Anton really wanted something to look, which in many ways, reflect the twisted emotions the couple in concern were going through. So he picked it as a metaphor which Brian Eno use to refer to during the recording of the All That You Can't Leave Behind album
I think...ummm, well its certainly aint about Jubilee or whats going on in the world right now or...mmm...well its....its about, mmm...you know...when...you know....you dont know...if they dont know what you're doing...umm so it must be art.So Anton is very arty.

=
= shit they fooled me with Passenger trick again

Old 09-30-2002, 06:51 AM   #23
War Child

This video, like the song, is very weak. Enjoy it while you can because it will won't be around long.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:11 AM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 06:13 AM

I love the video. I think it's beautiful, arty and very sexy. It's nice to see more of Larry and to have Bono take a backseat.

I don't think Samantha Morton is ugly. She has a different kind of look. They could have chosen this drop dead gorgeous babe but instead went with an actress who had a more interesting look.

to them.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:30 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I believe 'Electrical Storm' is one of the BEST videos the band has ever done - and there is NOTHING like it in the mainstream right now. Here's a little article that states it will go down as the year's best video:

http://www.montrealgazette.com
September 28, 2002
From The Montreal Gazette:

Seaside with U2 is a far-out trip

Electrical Storm, U2.

This gorgeous black-and-white clip lensed by photographer Anton Corbijn - the guy who shot the famous
cover art for the group's mammoth The Joshua Tree album - would be notable if only for the fact it stars
perennially unassuming drummer Larry Mullen and features little actual footage of noted spotlight hog Bono.
But with its lush cinematography, shimmering locale (the beaches of the seaside community of Eze-sur-Mer
in the south of France), non-linear narrative (in other words, I have no idea what's going on) and a passionate
turn by actress Samantha Morton as a mysterious mermaid, the clip will go down as one of the year's best.
You can watch it on the Web at www.u2.com/exclusive/excl_detail.html. (You'll need either Quicktime or
Windows Media Player.)
Old 10-03-2002, 01:27 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:13 AM
one of the keys to its success is the video cuts are real slow in the beginning like the song.....then once the band starts really playing...the pace of the video quickens....I think the mood of the song is captured perfectly.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:12 AM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 10:13 PM

its a bit arty for some people's likings one thinks

the band really got put in the backseat and all we got was an ego trip by Anton Corbijn

the actress like so many other videos that Anton chooses to use in his music videos are not supposed to be oh-so-noticeable, though if you've ever seen Depeche Mode's 'I Feel You' video...

anyway they tried to get larry to act, interesting ploy, and there were too many arty symbolic objects in the video which would have made you going: 'what the?' when you saw it first hand

one thinks the song will be remembered more than the video itself