New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just noticed on the larry drumming clip you can hear that bass riff carry on throughout. I always thoguht it was larry just drumming solo but if you listen close enough you can hear it.

Also, don't think anybody cares or even if it's worth mentioning, but I watched it again today and an observation. why did they bother playing that drum/organ etc. at all? it lasted for .5 seconds and originally (late at night, didn't want to blast it) when I heard it I thought the audio cut out entirely. but that's clearly not the case, especially since you can see the audio levels on the technicians computer go completely flat after it stops. pretty strange clip.

yep noticed that too, but I think this might all be one song...I think that Edge groove that we all said sounded like the Fly? couldn't that fit in the beginning? or am I imagining things.....

interesting clip...but who are all these people? I either haven't heard of them or just can't identify them....anyone know? The guy at the computer....the guy in front of him and then next to that guy? Anyone else?

oH also..not sure if this has already been mentioned...but you can hear Bono for a split second when the music comes in...it's in the latter half of the half a second that is played, but you can hear his vocals....they sound soothing....I guess...I dunno I only heard it when I put headphones on, but then it's pretty clear. :hmm:

oH also..not sure if this has already been mentioned...but you can hear Bono for a split second when the music comes in...it's in the latter half of the half a second that is played, but you can hear his vocals....they sound soothing....I guess...I dunno I only heard it when I put headphones on, but then it's pretty clear. :hmm:

Yeah me too, i think he says "can you" but its so very short i'm not sure. At first i thought when his voice came in that it completely didn't fit and that they just playeda track accidently on top of it but it seems like it actually works now.

Is it just me or iss everyone else also craving more videos just like one would crave their morning cigarete if they are totally addicted to smoking??????? Come on i need my fix I need more videos. I need them now I am going crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Yes I agree with others the next video should be of Bono signing a line or two. It would seem to fit the pattern as we already had Adam, Lary and Edge. Perhaps Bono singing to that awesome "the fly" sounding guitar riff!:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Ears to Listen

"That awesome fly sounding guitar riff" everybody are talking about is just the 2nd guitar for the C part on the 2nd HQ clip a fan recorded which is circulating in this forum, and there's some group singing over it that goes something like "Get up, get up...", just give that clip a second listen. it's on exit dot com, and you'll realize that it fits perfectly with the small "Fly-like" bit Edge is playing at the clip that Adam shot.

"That awesome fly sounding guitar riff" everybody are talking about is just the 2nd guitar for the C part on the 2nd HQ clip a fan recorded which is circulating in this forum, and there's some group singing over it that goes something like "Get up, get up...", just give that clip a second listen. it's on exit dot com, and you'll realize that it fits perfectly with the small "Fly-like" bit Edge is playing at the clip that Adam shot.

care to give any links? I'm not quite sure what you mean...

Phew.

When is the album coming out so we can hail it as the greatest thing ever for the first 3 weeks and then slowly begin to tear it apart and wait another 4 years for an album that we'll hope is "better than Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby".......

Seriously. I think most people here love this time period (leaks, beach clips, quotes from the studio, vague videos) more than the actual product that comes out.

I know that's happened at least for the last two albums.

Phew.

When is the album coming out so we can hail it as the greatest thing ever for the first 3 weeks and then slowly begin to tear it apart and wait another 4 years for an album that we'll hope is "better than Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby".......

Seriously. I think most people here love this time period (leaks, beach clips, quotes from the studio, vague videos) more than the actual product that comes out.

I know that's happened at least for the last two albums.

I still love me some Atomic Bomb, but I know what you mean. There will be the brief period where 85% of this forum hails it better than the JT or AB, and then even the 00's haters say wow this is great. Then by the time the first leg of the tour is finished, normalcy will be restored, 60% of us will still love the album, 30% will be begging for the songwriting and the 'singles' that Atomic bomb produced, and 10% will continue saying U2 are dead to them by that point.

Normalcy on this board, for the past ten years anyway, has been the great debate about whether POP was great and visionary or fraught and lame.

Everything else is secondary.

I still love me some Atomic Bomb, but I know what you mean. There will be the brief period where 85% of this forum hails it better than the JT or AB, and then even the 00's haters say wow this is great. Then by the time the first leg of the tour is finished, normalcy will be restored, 60% of us will still love the album, 30% will be begging for the songwriting and the 'singles' that Atomic bomb produced, and 10% will continue saying U2 are dead to them by that point.

but it comes off to me as if fans here believe it is almost destined to be like this....do you think it is? It shouldn't be destined to end up like this....if this new album is truly better than AB or JT, this typical trend shouldn't persist...I mean sure you can assume it, but this doesn't HAVE to be the case after every release....comments like

"When is the album coming out so we can hail it as the greatest thing ever for the first 3 weeks and then slowly begin to tear it apart and wait another 4 years for an album that we'll hope is "better than Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby".......

frustrate the hell out of me....so ok, it's usually what ends of happening, but it didn't happen to AB, for example....it doesn't HAVE to happen after every album...so don't TRY to dislike the album after the 1st leg of the tour has gone by...

Let me be very honest. Achtung Baby was by far the most commercial, pop, inventive rock album they have ever come up with. It was U2's best OVERALL album to date. If you look and listen to every song on that album, the singles are there. I think they are about to come full circle with this latest album and fulfill what Achtung Baby should and could have been. And its about time. U2 will always be the band who inspires but only one album did they make people say...wow! what da fuck! And that was Achtung Baby. they will do it again and because they have more experience they will know what to do with the material they have now to make it grand.

The problem with that is, before AB there was R&H, and there was a very clear move away from that sound of JT/R&H, and we got a taste of it with "Night and Day"......

These days, the only taste we've gotten is WITS and that Saints song....

Not exactly a move in the right direction IMO.

The problem with that is, before AB there was R&H, and there was a very clear move away from that sound of JT/R&H, and we got a taste of it with "Night and Day"......

These days, the only taste we've gotten is WITS and that Saints song....

Not exactly a move in the right direction IMO.

But even Bono said that WITS was the end of that "style." The end of trying to write the "perfect" song. The new album will be in a different universe compared to WITS.

It may be wrong to you, but I'm sure it's right for him. We all have different points of veiw.

wow...five posts in eight years...

...are you Bono? :wink:

I wouldn't say what Bono says is "almost all wrong." I'd say it's usually right, just often a bit exaggerated. and occasionally completely bullshit :p

But even Bono said that WITS was the end of that "style." The end of trying to write the "perfect" song. The new album will be in a different universe compared to WITS.

I sincerely hope it was the end. I can't stand this Beatles-type approach by the band; it's so unartistic and self-consciously aimed at being legends that the music ends up being forgettable, except by the pathetic Grammys. "With or Without You" was a great pop song, not intended for mainstream appeal, and that's the only way U2 will write another long-lasting, hit deserving of cultural value. Enough of this "Walk On"/"All Because of You" crap or anything so tame as to appeal to a political campaign, as U2's lesser music appeals to Barack Obama/Hillary Clinton's campaigns.

^ Bono says a lot of stuff though, almost all wrong.

No it's not. If he feels that way, he can say whatever he wants. Other people may see it differently. Being a member of the band, I'm sure he has a different approach to their own music. There is no "right" or "wrong" here.

as much as i love u2 i have to say they are fucking boring in the studio.
no excitement or energy what so ever.
Jeesus your still here posting the same stuff you always post?

just out of interest, considering your so down on U2 90% of the time, is that not you in your avatar trying to look like bono?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom