New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was one of them. :reject:

Anyway, could it be that this song is "For your love", the one Edge talked about in an interview a while ago?

Yeah, I think it might be. And it would fit in with his excitement over the riff (wasn't that the track?).

:up: so the solo in song#4 is on lap steel/slide guitar :hyper: first time since Surrender, I think :hmm:

if they take it on tour maybe we'll hear Surrender again :hyper: :drool:

While the trend hasn't been completely consistent, it seems as if if the videos are going to be getting better and better at supplying spoilers/music. However, it makes you wonder how long they've known that they weren't going to put the album out in 2008. The videos seem like they have been timed to the current release schedule for months.

I do not think this is For Your Love. For your Love I believe to be the more bad-ass riffed one from a couple months ago when bono shouts out verse, chorus! also the same riff from edgeback or whatever. Could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure we have a clip that has that riff in it (The HQ clip, the first one) where you can pretty clearly hear bono saying, "Im running to the surface for your love" and this song is definitely different.

The guitar riff that edge is playing here is so deceptively simple. When you hear it with the chord structure underneath, the true brilliance is revealed (as heard in beach clip 4). This chord sequence and riff is easily one of the best things I've heard from them this decade. Add Bono's amazing vocals (assuming the lyrics aren't terrible), Larry's awesome extended drum rolls, and Adams awesome bass part, plus that ambient break in the middle before edges amazing slide solo, and we've got some classic U2 on our hands right here. This song is the real deal folks.

The guitar riff that edge is playing here is so deceptively simple. When you hear it with the chord structure underneath, the true brilliance is revealed (as heard in beach clip 4). This chord sequence and riff is easily one of the best things I've heard from them this decade. Add Bono's amazing vocals (assuming the lyrics aren't terrible), Larry's awesome extended drum rolls, and Adams awesome bass part, plus that ambient break in the middle before edges amazing slide solo, and we've got some classic U2 on our hands right here. This song is the real deal folks.

I agree with everything here, and I also think that this song has the potential to be at a level rarely (if ever) achieved by U2 in the last 15 years. A song that may be an instant (and long-term) classic.

Edit: And the thing that has me really excited is that some of the other tracks appear to have serious potential as well...and the band seems to be confident/determined that this album will be something very special.

It looks like there's lot of "Loves" on this album (For Your Love, Only Love...). Not a good thing.

It looks like there's lot of "Loves" on this album (For Your Love, Only Love...). Not a good thing.

No no! This is a GOOD thing!

After all: Lyrical coherence is one step closer (no pun intened :p ) to a coherent and wonderful album :D

Love Is Blindness
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Love Comes Tumbling
Love Rescue Me

I don't get it...are these songs somehow worse because they have the word "love" in the title? How about we wait and judge the songs on how good they actually are? Of course that would require hearing them first.

I would take an album of "love" titles if they were all of the quality that "only love" seems to be.

not sure if somebody else already wrote this, but could it be this "only love" song (aka beach clip 4) that shows up in the "edgeback" u2.com video (2nd song in the clip - edge is sitting and strumming the guitar)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom