New vid on U2.com!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think somebody should give a bit of kudos to U2.com. Every time something is put up that people don't like, they give out yards about it. Why not give them some credit now for this series of videos, which has a clear and direct purpose and is done in a really cool way? :up:

As an aside, the sounds on this clip are just great. The last clip has such a brilliant chiming guitar sound, but all of the clips are just brilliant. Looks like they're fairly pleased with it themselves to be putting stuff like this up. Kind of reminds me of last year when Radiohead put up that two minute clip of short bits cut out of mixes for In Rainbows, but this time we've got video.

I fully agree. Let's start the fun, no reason to bitch and moan about this recent offering! :up:

Yeah, how about no? This is just an insubstantial morsel that, intentionally or otherwise, deludes fans into thinking they've got something when in fact they're really no wiser than they were before. A few seconds of a riff out of context tells you barely anything more than a bloody beach clip. And come on, who needs to see Edge tuning up? If I want to hear somebody tuning up, I'll go grab my own guitar, thanks. Frankly, that clip could just about pass for an Evian ad with Edge tinkering in the background. And the entire thing is dreadfully shot. So dreadfully shot that we're debating who appears in part of it!

U2.com: where you go when you want to know precisely nothing of substance about U2.

That said, the acoustic guitar part sounds nice. I hope its broader context sounds just as good.

Cmon man, this is miles better than anything any fan has linked us to in recent years, which have for the most part been unlistenable crap (and that's being charitable) that barely resemble anything that's ended up on the albums. Something tells me we're going to hear those riffs very prominently in the upcoming release. I could be wrong, but.... :shrug:

And the entire thing is dreadfully shot. So dreadfully shot that we're debating who appears in part of it!

Maybe that's the point? :hmm: Give U2.com a break. I don't know any band with such prominence that has given their fans any more access than this, and on this album, U2 have actually given us a lot more than they ever have before. It's no good pointing to the Propaganda era as better - I was there, it wasn't. It couldn't compete with the immediacy and reality of these videos.

Yeah, how about no? This is just an insubstantial morsel that, intentionally or otherwise, deludes fans into thinking they've got something when in fact they're really no wiser than they were before. A few seconds of a riff out of context tells you barely anything more than a bloody beach clip. And come on, who needs to see Edge tuning up? If I want to hear somebody tuning up, I'll go grab my own guitar, thanks. Frankly, that clip could just about pass for an Evian ad with Edge tinkering in the background. And the entire thing is dreadfully shot. So dreadfully shot that we're debating who appears in part of it!

U2.com: where you go when you want to know precisely nothing of substance about U2.

That said, the acoustic guitar part sounds nice. I hope its broader context sounds just as good.

I wondered when the negative posts would start!

ok, so would you have been happier if they didn't post anything at all? :confused:

I mean I don't understand where you're coming from...They posted video with decent audio of Edge playing guitar in the studio, and you're complaining?!?! :rolleyes:

There is nothing to complain about- they let their fans into their studio and shared some new ideas that are probably going to end up on the new album...stop trying to find fault with the video and dissect it....just take it for what it is and appreciate it.

Now on U2.com: Watch Adam Clayton brew a cup of green tea!

Staying true to their promise to provide exclusive and one-of-a-kind content for its members, U2.com has recently added its latest gem. Now featured prominently is a 32 second clip of Adam Clayton brewing a cup of green tea (with excellent Adam's-eye views of this uniquely fascinating beverage). Don't miss it. Worth every penny of the membership.

Seriously, can't they respect our intelligence a little more than this? Am I missing something here? That is, we pay them cash up front for "membership fees". That's a great thing for them in the business world, but they need to deliver something.

PS: In case I sound too much of a sourpuss, I do appreciate the U2 go home CDs they provided.

There's even a newer one of Edge playing guitar.

Check out Where the Album Has No Name, all the videos are being discussed there.

You do realize that these videos are about the snippets playing in the background, not the tea making right?

Green tea? Green tea??? The want me to pay to see a clip of Adam brewing green tea? What kind of fool do they take me for?

Now if it was a 45 second clip of Larry brewing oolong tea I might be tempted.... :D

U2.com has, and will presumably always, will suck.

"Ticket fiasco of 2004" ring any bells?

No mention of Steven Wilson's superior treatment of his seven fans?

No complaints concerning the dire lack of trams on the Evian bottle's label?

I'm disappointed.

What we should be remembering is that no one from U2.com shot this video. All these videos have been filmed by Adam with the approval of the band, I imagine. So the camera angle, the content, everything was done by U2 in an effort to give their hardcore fans an idea about what the next album will sound like.

I honestly am good with what we're getting. It's giving ideas of the musical direction without giving away too much so we can still get a fresh experience when we listen to the album the first time. This is also a great improvement for the website in general compared to their lack of content in the past.

I've appreciated these little looks into the studio process. U2 could probably do more to let us know what they're up to (deadairspace!), but these are better then nothing. If you have a kid who gets failing grades, and they come home next semester with C's, do you ground them for not getting A's or do you appreciate the modest improvement?

"Deluded" fans :love:

I am eagerly looking forward to the next clip. Apparently, Adam will be shooting footage of his exotic rug collection while Larry strikes his floor tom! :happy:

My personal opinion is that Adam is yanking everybody's chain. Since his brother oversees the web stuff it would not surprise me to hear that the band are laughing their asses off at how pissed off some people are over these little clips. The guys can really have a perverse sense of humor so the reactions to these things could be providing them with endless amusement.

Dana

My personal opinion is that Adam is yanking everybody's chain. Since his brother oversees the web stuff it would not surprise me to hear that the band are laughing their asses off at how pissed off some people are over these little clips. The guys can really have a perverse sense of humor so the reactions to these things could be providing them with endless amusement.

Dana

I don't know about that...I doubt the four band members are personally that invested in the website to use it as a tool of personal amusement. Nor do I think they would belittle their fans like that. Nor do they probably have the time right now (or immaturity, anytime) to mess around.

Green tea? Green tea??? The want me to pay to see a clip of Adam brewing green tea? What kind of fool do they take me for?

Now if it was a 45 second clip of Larry brewing oolong tea I might be tempted.... :D

Everyone goes on and on about Larry, but The Edge has the nicest face and the most beautiful eyes. He also seems kinder and more thoughtful, so he's prettier all around. He's kept in really good shape, too.

And I'm hetero male, too.

From 2:07 on, that does not look like Edge. Looks like the other guy who had the ballcap on (Lanois?) also, he has hair lol

I think you're right. Edge probably has hair; he just rolls it up under his cap. Also I didn't see the hint of The Edge's beard.

Dana

Since we got drums/bass and guitars, I wonder if there's a video clip featuring vocals next.

is it me and my pc, or is that link not working?

update...hey it's my pc! fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom