New versions of ATYCLB songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bathiu

Refugee
I'm just wondering.
The songs from ATYCLB played so far on tour (or before on rehersals) - as we know from the many reports - are played diferent way.

My question is: "Are people - here - will going to say that the band are "finishing" the "unfinished" songs?"

Just wondering... will the double standards win? Will the songs from POP be "finished" and those from ATYCLB only "they're just playing with those songs" type of argument?

Too bad some of them were already on the "Best Of"... but I have a feeling the rest of them will have a "new mix" on the next Best Of.
What then? What will you say?

They wouldn't say that Behind songs are unfinished, that would be the new mixes of them.
Elevation started the last tour, but not the album version.
Walk on ended it, but not the album version.

i would say that the songs on ATYCLB are very good(most of them excellent). then i would say no harm in trying to improve on what is already great music.

Eg- Walk On (LP Version) is an outstanding song. The single version improves on it..... and they include that on the next Best of. Fine, if people call the single version as the 'finished' Walk On then thats ok.

Btw have any of the band ever said they thought any of the songs on ATYCLB were 'unfinished'?.......

I just think they're different versions. I don't like 40 was unfinished on War and I don't think Bullet was unfinished on The Joshua Tree. They just take what they finished and run with it.

Back
Top Bottom