New U2 song in 2 weeks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
Looks like Scorcese's Gangs of New York is released on December 21... does anybody know if the soundtrack comes out at the same time?
or if the song will be in the actual film too?
Either way 'A Man's A Man' just around the corner! New material!

------------------
And I felt like a star...

yes it appears to have been moved to the summer or fall in hopes of a 2002 oscar by miramax-at least that what is what this site claims to know definitively.
i watched the trailer at www.gangsofnewyork.com and it looks pretty good.

------------------
"I want to replace the bands in the charts now, because I think we're better." -- Bono, 1979

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 12-10-2001).]

Found this snippet somewhere, if anyone cares.

Jack A. Wells for BS magazine:

I have the insider scoop on He's A Man's Man..the theme song for Gangs Of New York..written by U2..and I have to say..for some reason..this song reminds me of another U2 Song..entitled "With or Without You"..from their very successful album The Joshua Tree. This song sounds so much like their previous song..that they seem to be stealing their own material. Well, what can I say..except ALL U2 songs sound alike.

Originally posted by mug222:
Jack A. Wells for BS magazine:
...Well, what can I say..except ALL U2 songs sound alike.

BS magazine. Sounds about right.
rolleyes.gif

From what i can tell it's schedualed for theatrical release on January 1... I can't find any specific info on the soundtrack.. but it would seem to me that we will indeed be getting some new U2 pretty soon. especially since soundtracks are usually released a good 2 weeks or more beofre the movie. I'm surprised there isn't more info on the soundtrack by now.

There are conflicting reports about that.. what may be the case is that the U2 song is there and that Bono worked with the MDH band on the score, or maybe one of the two, possibly neither.

Back
Top Bottom