New U2 iPods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's interesting....:eyebrow:

I have the 30Gb black video one..........I should probably sell it for $299....with 2300 songs (Almost all the U2 songs inside it)...and 80 videos, and then get this one........decisions, decisions.

I have the "orginal" U2 ipod ..and it is still going strong. Don't think I can justify another one.. BUT I WANNNNT ITTTTTTTTT!!!:sad: :sad: :sad:

hmm... maybe it will make an unexpected fall down a few flights of stairs :hmm: or even better... I can call Tony Soprano and have my ipod "whacked"...:shifty:

:giggle:

does anyone know if ipods that are refurbished also have the case replaced if it's scratched?

I have a video Ipod, but was thinking of buying a refurbished u2 ipod. I know I'll fixate on any scratches. That would just drive me to drink!

Val said:
does anyone know if ipods that are refurbished also have the case replaced if it's scratched?

I have a video Ipod, but was thinking of buying a refurbished u2 ipod. I know I'll fixate on any scratches. That would just drive me to drink!

Well I got my refurbished u2Pods from the Apple store and all three of them had no scratches on them.

BUT, the screens were of shitty quality. On all of them. There's a barely visible line going down the middle and when you turn it towards sunlight it has a rainbowish color to it.
I never had that with the *real* iPod I bought the first time. Aside from that, the last one I got is perfectly fine.
I try not to let it bother me so much. :wink:

I've still got the "old school" U2 iPod (though it feels like it didn't come out all that long ago). Black and white screen, etc. I'm in dire need of an upgrade because the battery is draining like crazy and I need more space, but the thing I don't get is this - why not release a 60GB U2 iPod as well? Why only 30GB?

I'm still thinking about it, but I think I'll just go with the 60GB non-U2 model whenever I decide to upgrade.

This will probably explain why the U2 iPod isn't all-red:

RHCP Special Edition iPod

As part of its recently announced iTunes promotion with rock band The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Apple plans to dish out a limited-edition Red Hot Chili Peppers iPod, tipsters have noted.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers Promotion is a sweepstakes in which shoppers who pre-order the Red Hot Chili Peppers' new album "Stadium Arcadium" through the iTunes Music Store between 9:00 p.m. (PDT) on April 3, 2006 to 8:59 p.m. (PDT) on May 8, 2006, will be eligible to win a 60 GB iPod with the Band’s signatures and logo engraved on the back.

The band and iTunes have also teamed up with Ticketmaster to offer a special concert ticket pre-sale for their upcoming North American tour.

Apple has posted the official contest rules to its Web site.

Bonochick said:
OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Even though I still have the old school U2 iPod without the color screen that works just fine...so I shouldn't even THINK about getting this. :reject:

I know I'm late to this discussion, but I'm with you Bonochick...I have one of those fancy 4th gen U2 iPods and I'm seriously thinking about ditching it for this one!!! :ohmy:

Will they get smart and release a 60GB U2 iPod before X-mas? :hmm:

ramblin rose said:

I do. I have no self control, couldn't not have it.
I have it too.......trying not to go to Apple store for lunch but have already called store to check stock.....9 left in Southlake.....

Hehe i just bought one.

They had plenty of stock here (netherlands), and the link was finally working today as well.

So i just bought myself a brandnew U2 Ipod. :drool:

Nightsong said:

I have it too.......trying not to go to Apple store for lunch but have already called store to check stock.....9 left in Southlake.....

You had to say that didn't you. :scream:

I wonder how many U2 fans went out and bought a normal iPod, then 2 months or so later this new one is released.

It's a bummer.

(Sorry if anyone posted like this already!)

I know a fan who has both the orginal U2 and the color U2 one. He's tempted to get this new one too. :ohmy:

Do you guys wish it was 60gb to have tons of videos on it? Do you find yourself using the video feature quite often?

from:http://www.flickr.com/photos/u2sockmonkey/162492043/

"This is the result of entering the code on the back of the Exclusive Free Music Video card that came with the new U2 iPod. The video is called "Love U2" and it is 33:45 in length.

The "Love U2" link next to the photo goes to this URL: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewVideo?id=157233975&s=143441. However, when you click it it says that the item is not currently available in the US store.

Free Exclusive Video contents...
- Starts with Bono singing the "Love, Love, Love..." part of "Until the End of the World" from the Sydney Zoo TV video.
- Short interview clips with Larry, Adam, Bono and Edge talking about, changes in the band, "Dance music" being added to their sound, and finally, their song "Mofo."
- "Mofo" live from the Mexico City video.
- "I will follow" live from Queens University Students Union, 1981.
- Short Alannah Hill Interview clip from 1989 Lovetown Tour Australian TV Special.
- "God Part II" live on the Lovetown Tour, Sydney, 1989.
- Zoo TV/Zooropa era band interview clips discussing the Zoo Tour shows.
- "Where the Streets Have No Name," Zoo TV live from Sydney, 1993.
- Elevation era interview clips about touring.
- "Beautiful Day," Elevation live from Boston, 2001.
- Vertigo era interview clips about touring.
- "City of Blinding Lights" live from Milan, July 2005.
- Credits & "Solo Too" production logo.

So, there you have it. A nice little gem to have, at least I think so. However, most of the performances are available elsewhere. "

More pics in U2Sockmonkey's photstream as well :)

PS: um...there's only 8 left in Southlake now :whistle:

Nightsong said:

Free Exclusive Video contents...
- Starts with Bono singing the "Love, Love, Love..." part of "Until the End of the World" from the Sydney Zoo TV video.
- Short interview clips with Larry, Adam, Bono and Edge talking about, changes in the band, "Dance music" being added to their sound, and finally, their song "Mofo."
- "Mofo" live from the Mexico City video.
- "I will follow" live from Queens University Students Union, 1981.
- Short Alannah Hill Interview clip from 1989 Lovetown Tour Australian TV Special.
- "God Part II" live on the Lovetown Tour, Sydney, 1989.
- Zoo TV/Zooropa era band interview clips discussing the Zoo Tour shows.
- "Where the Streets Have No Name," Zoo TV live from Sydney, 1993.
- Elevation era interview clips about touring.
- "Beautiful Day," Elevation live from Boston, 2001.
- Vertigo era interview clips about touring.
- "City of Blinding Lights" live from Milan, July 2005.

I wonder if this offers a clue about the DVD(s) to be released this fall.

ntalwar said:

I wonder if this offers a clue about the DVD(s) to be released this fall.

It would be great if it did! Zoo TV, Lovetown, Popmart, early tours...

Back
Top Bottom