New U2 interviews: Schedules and discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono talked to German station SWR3 yesterday:

Bono von U2 exklusiv in der SWR3-Morningshow | Musik | SWR3.de - hier geht das Radio weiter...

Interview is in English, no overdubs.

Interesting new comments on the album and the songs, on the producers and the songwriting, also about what Bono's family thinks of the new songs, about U2's relationship to the German audience. Bono says Songs of Experience isn't ready, he cannot comment on when it will be released. Says if it was up to Edge, Songs of Innocence would still be mixed.

He says U2 will play in Germany in May 2015 :hyper:

Good interviews. I'm glad the band is doubling down on being noticed and okay with being hated in certain circles. Fuck the mainstream!

_58338202_u2finger.jpg

Hey Sharon Osbourne! Eat shit HAG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDH19fj6Vw

omg Hot Fuzz that is seriously one of my favourite films - i love that bit haha :D

ps- if i was on Twitter, i would post that photo of B-man on the old hag's twitter lmfao

Agreed re mileage out of SOI. If the tour rumours are to be believed (May next year) this would be the longest break between album release and touring (8 months). Regardless of the state of completion of SOE, I think they plan on releasing it prior to the tour. What else are they doing for 8 months? Hopefully finishing off the album, then rehearsing.

I think we may see something like:
Oct 13 - SOI released in physical formats
Mid Oct - EBW second single released.
Early Dec - song for someone or California third single released possibly the other as a 4th single in Jan
Late Feb - first single from SOE released
Late march - SOE released
April - rehearsals for tour
May - tour starts

I think you're wayyyyy overestimating the promotional push for this record, especially since everybody got it for free. The initial couple weeks of sales will be alright because people will want a physical copy, but otherwise it's going to drop really fast. Why would the band and its label want to do heavy promotional pushes for an album that literally nobody is going to be convinced to buy since they already own it for free? On top of that, there's no need to promote the new music for a tour or that the band is around because they have other things in the works with Apple and everybody already knows that there is indeed a new U2 record out there.

There certainly will be some singles sent to radio, mostly Triple A stations in the United States (practically the only place they get played anymore), but there won't really be a concerted effort to actually sell this thing to people given the way it has been released.

I could see them doing a different roll out with album #2 and dropping it before Xmas in order to capitalize on a lot of extra hard copy sales due to people gifting it for one another. And if that album isn't passed around for free, the band will have more incentive to promote it harder with singles/music videos, etc.

There's no way they release SOE until at least very close to the tour, and given that it sounds like it might be starting in Europe, wouldn't mind betting it's not until giving a 2nd/US leg a boost.

omg Hot Fuzz that is seriously one of my favourite films - i love that bit haha :D

ps- if i was on Twitter, i would post that photo of B-man on the old hag's twitter lmfao

Sharon Osbourne thinks Bono is a fascist and she is a hag. Perfect!

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

Thats big news right?

Surely means it will be in arenas because its in may and the tour will start april/may time

Plus the tour must be starting in europe!

If it starts from Central Europe, I don't see why it couldn't be outdoors in April / May. But if it starts from Northern Europe in say April, then it surely has to be arenas.

If the second album is 60% done, it could mean 6 months or even a year away.
I guarantee it won't be this year. Best time would be around the start of the tour.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

If the second album is 60% done, it could mean 6 months or even a year away.
I guarantee it won't be this year. Best time would be around the start of the tour.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm almost 100% sure they will do the AB -> Zooropa here. They will start tour next April in Europe. Then will release SOE between Europe and US legs.

That's a great interview, too:

“In The End, Radio Is Everything” Bono Chats With Marty Lennartz [Listen] « WXRT

They were sharing houses a lot during the album recording process. Bono says it was painful having Edge in a room above his since he's playing guitar all night :lol:

Interesting stuff about the acoustic versions featured on the physical release: Every Breaking Wave, California with a brass-like sound, Raised by Wolfs with African rhythm elements. Can't wait to here those ...

That's a great interview, too:

“In The End, Radio Is Everything” Bono Chats With Marty Lennartz [Listen] « WXRT

They were sharing houses a lot during the album recording process. Bono says it was painful having Edge in a room above his since he's playing guitar all night :lol:

Interesting stuff about the acoustic versions featured on the physical release: Every Breaking Wave, California with a brass-like sound, Raised by Wolfs with African rhythm elements. Can't wait to here those ...

Sounds like the acoustic sessions will be more creative than the Hansa AB versions.

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

Was this one posted yet?

NME News U2's Bono thinks he has the solution to music piracy and declining album sales | NME.COM

Mostly rehashed Time Magazine stuff but it's the first time I've heard that the second album won't be out for 18 months...

"Bono spoke about the new development in an interview with Time. He claims that it is around "18 months away" from being available to the public, which is around the same time the band are expected release a companion record to new album 'Songs of Innocence' titled 'Songs of Experience'."

More details: Dave Fanning interviews Bono this Sunday on 2fm - RTÉ Ten
Dave Fanning will broadcast a two-hour interview with U2 frontman Bono on 2fm this Sunday morning.

Fanning carried out the interview in Bono's house in Dublin today (September 19) and up for discussion was U2's new album, Songs of Innocence, the backlash over the Apple iTunes free albujm download, and new tracks currently being recorded by the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom