New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
U2 > Sign In
U2360°. 110 shows. 30 countries. 7 million fans. It was the tour that broke all the records and now you get to create the soundtrack, the ultimate U2360° setlist.

Ever wanted to select the tracks for a U2 set ? This is your chance!

The tracklisting of 'U22', a live double-CD collection, will be decided by you, our U2.com subscribers.

Over 26 months the band performed songs from their most recent album No Line On The Horizon all the way back to their debut Boy, playing at least 22 tracks every night.

So what were the stand-out songs? The tracks which define this tour ? Is there a song you could never leave out of a U2 live set? What surprised you on U2360° and what track never failed to deliver?

[...]

When the voting period is over we'll reveal the final tracklisting and you'll receive your own copy of the double CD, 'U22', presented in a custom-designed gatefold sleeve.

'U22' is a limited-edition release for U2.com subscribers only.

I have to say that this has the potential to look/sound very interesting! Then again, with maybe 1,000s of people voting, it'll probably end up with the same old ones.
I haven't looked for an ultimate setlist yet. My only wish is that the set will be bookended with Breathe from the opening show in Barcelona and "40" in Moncton (i.e. the first and last song played on the tour).

U2 > Sign In

I have to say that this has the potential to look/sound very interesting! Then again, with maybe 1,000s of people voting, it'll probably end up with the same old ones.
I haven't looked for an ultimate setlist yet. My only wish is that the set will be bookended with Breathe from the opening show in Barcelona and "40" in Moncton (i.e. the first and last song played on the tour).

Well, since 80%+ of the songs were repeated night after night, it's really only a few songs that will actually be in contention. We already know the bulk of the songs that will be on it.

Where will the tracks be from? For example, how will they decide which version of Streets or WOWY they use?

The more I think about it, the more I really like this idea...as long as they don't screw it up and use mostly songs from the Rose Bowl performance.

Really, it's like getting a new 360 live album...especially if they mix it that way, with one song leading into the next, like one concert (rather than fade in/out for each song).

The KEY is going to be getting as many of those rare tracks as possible on there.

This is actually something pretty cool from U2.com. Wasn't sure it was possible.

I really like this for a subscriber gift.

The more I think about it, the more I really like this idea...as long as they don't screw it up and use mostly songs from the Rose Bowl performance.

Really, it's like getting a new 360 live album...especially if they mix it that way, with one song leading into the next, like one concert (rather than fade in/out for each song).

The KEY is going to be getting as many of those rare tracks as possible on there.

Yep. And as for the rare tracks thing, vote for them! Though my setlist will probably contain some often-played tracks (like Streets) there won't be a One, Beautiful Day or With Or Without You on them. But certainly Spanish Eyes (I was there!), Electrical Storm (I believe a 50% chance I was there!) and All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me (I think also a 50% chance I was there!).

Yep. And as for the rare tracks thing, vote for them! Though my setlist will probably contain some often-played tracks (like Streets) there won't be a One, Beautiful Day or With Or Without You on them. But certainly Spanish Eyes (I was there!), Electrical Storm (I believe a 50% chance I was there!) and All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me (I think also a 50% chance I was there!).

Both shows I saw were from the 1st North American leg, so I pretty much saw the early, NLOTH heavy version of the show...with Your Blue Room.

I would have loved to have seen Spanish Eyes, one of my favourites..did they play the whole thing? Damn. And All I Want Is You/Love Rescue me would be most welcome as well.

I really hope the voting doesn't get jammed up with stuff like Vertigo and BD...even One, etc. I can really do without...got plenty of that.

Really, if it was a whole CD of gems like that, and maybe a few exceptional, stand out performances of some classics, I'd be quite happy w/this.

I really hope the voting doesn't get jammed up with stuff like Vertigo and BD...even One, etc. I can really do without...got plenty of that.

Really, if it was a whole CD of gems like that, and maybe a few exceptional, stand out performances of some classics, I'd be quite happy w/this.

This is currently the Top 25, though this is early in the voting period so it can all change drastically:
1. Bad 3.64%
2. Ultra Violet (Light My Way) 3.62%
3. Even Better Than The Real Thing 3.46%
4. Where The Streets Have No Name 3.35%
5. Magnificent 3.19%
6. Zooropa 3.15%
7. Out Of Control 3.1%
8. The Fly 2.99%
9. Moment of Surrender 2.83%
10. The Unforgettable Fire 2.83%
11. Until The End Of The World 2.79%
12. One Tree Hill 2.7%
13. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me 2.54%
14. Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 2.54%
15. One 2.52%
16. No Line On the Horizon 2.49%
17. Breathe 2.4%
18. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix) 2.4%
19. With Or Without You 2.4%
20. Electrical Storm 2.29%
21. 40 2.27%
22. Beautiful Day 2.27%
23. City Of Blinding Lights 2.25%
24. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me 2.22%
25. Unknown Caller 2.2%

(There are about 5 I don't want to see included in those first 22, but also 12 I really do)

Nick66 said:

I'm not a big fan of the usual suspects you mentioned but I adored vertigo and bd on this tour. I wouldn't worry too much about what people on a paid fansite are gonna vote for. It's not like it's rolling stone magazine

The only thing I can really do without is the name..."U22". Ugh. U23D. U218. U2360. Now U22. Am I missing anything?

30 years without being cute w/the name, and now all this? Too much. As much as I dislike Boots, they should give a nod to the original name of the tour and call it "Kiss The Future: 360 Live" or something like that.

I'm not a big fan of the usual suspects you mentioned but I adored vertigo and bd on this tour. I wouldn't worry too much about what people on a paid fansite are gonna vote for. It's not like it's rolling stone magazine

Yeah, but the thing is, if you like those, you've got them on the Rose Bowl DVD. I love the 360 Streets and TUF but I've already got those!

I'd like some stuff we don't have!

I agree. I love the idea of this. My subscription expires in 2 weeks, and I don't think this is enough to get me to subscribe again. UV, Zooropa and Bad are the 3 I would vote for.:heart:

Nick66 said:
Yeah, but the thing is, if you like those, you've got them on the Rose Bowl DVD. I love the 360 Streets and TUF but I've already got those!

I'd like some stuff we don't have!

Not on my iPod I don't! ;) BD on the last leg was better than the DVD IMO but the point is every performance is different. I get what you're saying but the point is to vote for the standouts, regardless if it's on the dvd or not. We'll just have to wait and see but there are gonna be some selections not everyone will be happy with. I'm looking forward to it either way

Not on my iPod I don't! ;) BD on the last leg was better than the DVD IMO but the point is every performance is different. The point is to vote for the standouts. We'll just have to wait and see but there are gonna be some selections not everyone will be happy with. I'm looking forward to it either way

Oh wow....you've got to get the audio on your iPod. :) I've ripped the audio from all the DVD's and put it on my iPod. Actually live U2 is pretty much the only U2 I listen to these days (except when I want to hear TUF). Their music was made to be heard live.

Not on my iPod I don't! ;) BD on the last leg was better than the DVD IMO but the point is every performance is different. I get what you're saying but the point is to vote for the standouts, regardless if it's on the dvd or not. We'll just have to wait and see but there are gonna be some selections not everyone will be happy with. I'm looking forward to it either way

Psst. I'm sure it can be arranged for them to be on your iPod. :shifty:

We should rally up the troops here and form a special thread where we dedicate most of our efforts in this voting and make sure that the rarer stuff make it. (stuff not found on Wide Awake, live b-sides from cd singles, or the U2360 promo cd and such).

It should be an organized attack, where we hold off and enter voting much later to make a proper "saving effort" for those tracks near the cut line.

We should rally up the troops here and form a special thread where we dedicate most of our efforts in this voting and make sure that the rarer stuff make it. (stuff not found on Wide Awake, live b-sides from cd singles, or the U2360 promo cd and such).

It should be an organized attack, where we hold off and enter voting much later to make a proper "saving effort" for those tracks near the cut line.

:up: Definitely. I'd love to see "40" as well as Zooropa plus many of those other rare ones, I'm sure that's the consensus around here anyway. I love that the "hits" or the more popular songs are near the bottom of rankings and the rarer stuff is at the top. Looking good so far, let's hope this keeps up. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom