New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My votes (in no particular order):

All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me
Bad
Breathe
Desire (wasn't gonna vote for it, until Larry's drums kicked in...and then absolutely most definitely yes)
Electrical Storm
Zooropa
Your Blue Room
Spanish Eyes
Scarlet
Return of the Stingray Guitar (how could you not vote for a new-ish song to be part of this mix?)
Mothers of the Disappeared
Even Better than the Real Thing
Get On Your Boots
Hold Me Thrill Me
In a Little While
Magnificent
Moment of Surrender
No Line on the Horizon
The Unforgettable Fire
Ultra Violet
Unknown Caller

Found myself voting for a lot of NLOTH songs, just so we can have them properly preserved, as well as a lot of the rare stuff that you don't ordinarily hear. Figured someone else can vote for all the expected stuff.

I just wish I could have specified which snippet I wanted in Crazy Tonight.

Yeah, if it makes it in, I sure hope it'll be a 2011 version with the Discotheque snippet.

(Although knowing U2.com, I'm sure it'll be the same version we already have on Artificial Horizon. :grumpy: )

I don't even remember seeing North Star, EBW or Mercy on there.

I did vote for Stingray (and I think I forgot Your Blue Room. Oops).

I suppose it would be nice to have actual versions of North Star or EBW, despite the fact that I don't like either very much. At least we already have a version of Mercy.

1 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
2 - The Fly
3 - Mysterious Ways
4 - Until The End Of The World
5- I Will Follow
6 - All I Want Is You
7 - Stay
8 - Beautiful Day
9 - Pride
10 - Zooropa
11 - City of Blinding Lights
12 - Vertigo
13 - Crazy Tonight (Remix)
14 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
15 - Mothers of the Disappeared
16 - Bad
17 - One
18 - Where The Streets Have No Name
19 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
20 - Ultraviolet
21 - With or Without You
22 - Moment of Surrender

Honestly, it will probably be that

There is a list of options? I let my subscription lapse :reject: after the Duals debacle.

Yeah, it lists all (most?) of the songs played on the tour. I did see Stingray, and the rarities like 40, One Tree Hill, Love Rescue Me, Electrical Storm on there, so I'm assuming it was all of them, even though I don't recall seeing those other new songs. You're supposed to check 22 of them, and then it asks for your name and to select your one pick for favorite tune from the entire tour.

Gutted there are no unreleased tracks except Stingray :( I wanted Mercy, Glastonbury, EBW, North Star.

And all the rarer tracks (YBR, Spanish Eyes, Mothers etc) with the exception of Zooropa are failing to make the cut. grrrr.

Sneakily, voting goes secret soon too. That gives U2.com the ability to re-arrange the voting so we get In a Little While and other usual susspects :(

I just voted for my favorites, whether or not they've already been released in one way or another.

... sorry? I think? Maybe? :wink:

For the first time, I'm actually considering subscribing. I'm stunned that this subscriber gift might actually be cool for a change.

Sure, they could screw it up, alter the votes, etc. But even if we end up getting 22 of the most obvious songs, that's still a double live CD, which is way better than what has been offered the past couple of years...

morgan1098 said:
For the first time, I'm actually considering subscribing. I'm stunned that this subscriber gift might actually be cool for a change.

Sure, they could screw it up, alter the votes, etc. But even if we end up getting 22 of the most obvious songs, that's still a double live CD, which is way better than what has been offered the past couple of years...

Good call. Even if/when U2.com fucks up and gives us the standard setlist (mostly out of panic that everyone voted for rarities), at least the gift will be miles better than the past few ones.

Can we all make a conscious effort not to vote for songs that have already seen releases from 360 already, like say on wide awake in europe?

No?

Damn :(

I really hope the rarities get chosen. If we miss the opportunity to get high quality versions of the EBTTRT Remix, Stingray guitar, Your Blue Room, Electrical Storm, Zooropa, HMTMKMKM, No Line on the Horizon, and One Tree Hill, and end up with a cd filled mostly with Streets, One, Pride, Vertigo etc, that would be pretty tragic.

How many times can you vote? Only once?

As a side note, someone should try to get Angel of Harlem up there. It's a shame that song didn't get played more often on 360°.

I just voted for the following and if I heard this as a show - it would probably freak me out as there's no real flow:

40 / Bad / Breathe / COBL / Electrical Storm / EBTTRT / Magnificent / Miss Sarajevo / MOTD / Mysterious Ways / One Tree Hill / Out of Control / Party Girl / ROTSG / Scarlet / Spanish Eyes / Stay (Faraway, So Close!) / TUF / Ultra Violet (Light My Way) / Unknown Caller / Your Blue Room / Zooropa

I actually voted as well....but regardless, I like how this is fan driven. U2.com is finally responding to.... wait for it.....the fans!

Wait, there's no complaints here??? :lol:

I voted for some of the common ones expected (The Fly, EBTTRT, Magnificent), but I also threw in some votes for some little-played ones to add some variety (Electrical Storm, Your Blue Room). An interesting concept here regardless!

The only thing I can really do without is the name..."U22". Ugh. U23D. U218. U2360. Now U22. Am I missing anything?

30 years without being cute w/the name, and now all this? Too much. As much as I dislike Boots, they should give a nod to the original name of the tour and call it "Kiss The Future: 360 Live" or something like that.

You forgot U23 and U27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom