New U2.com subscriber gift known... sort of.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked out "Your Blue Room"? It's got some woman singing on it. I'm SO PISSED! Yeah, that's what a real U2 fan wants; someone other than the band singing/playing on it. I was looking forward to having a live version of this song on CD more than any other. Yet again U2 gives me hope, only to kick me in the crotch! Thanks, Bono!

Muldfeld said:
Has anyone checked out "Your Blue Room"? It's got some woman singing on it. I'm SO PISSED! Yeah, that's what a real U2 fan wants; someone other than the band singing/playing on it. I was looking forward to having a live version of this song on CD more than any other. Yet again U2 gives me hope, only to kick me in the crotch! Thanks, Bono!
Its sinead o'connor and a well known fact she provided back up vocals

They actually did that live though - i believe it was Sinead O' Connor who recorded vocals for this song, and the band played them during the live performances.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter... it's not like Your Blue Room is anywhere near likely to get voted into the cd :angry:

It's a long time until voting ends yet.

Pure speculation on my part: I think by this time next week, most people interested in this will have voted. The hardcore fans got their votes in. The emails went out. The casual fans got their votes in. After a week, those able and willing to vote are going to be scarce. There won't be big gains or falls by then. I'd just worry about the bottom 3-4 in and the top 3-4 out.

I do have a renewal to deal with come the 1st week of December. Maybe I can vote again? :hmm:

Let me get this straight. People are being given a hard time because they are voting for what they want, which is the right they have because they paid for a membership?? Ridiculous.

I will vote for whatever I want, thank you very much!:wink:

That being said, I'm waiting a little longer to see which songs need support from my list of favourites.

Let me get this straight. People are being given a hard time because they are voting for what they want, which is the right they have because they paid for a membership?? Ridiculous.

I will vote for whatever I want, thank you very much!:wink:

That being said, I'm waiting a little longer to see which songs need support from my list of favourites.

Hey, people have a right to stand up and scream that New Kids On the Block are the best band in history and that Mary J Blige did One better than U2. But some opinions do suck..... :wink:

This place lacks respect for opinions. So many cannot respect the point of view of others. That being said, most of my favourites are the rare songs that are not represented in the top 22 right now.

I would never be so pompous as to tell people how to vote, but hey, this is Interference.:wink:

This place lacks respect for opinions. So many cannot respect the point of view of others. That being said, most of my favourites are the rare songs that are not represented in the top 22 right now.

I would never be so pompous as to tell people how to vote, but hey, this is Interference.:wink:
:up:

I'd rather be pompous enough to point out the obvious (Like that we don't need another live version of One on disc more than a song we have no official version of), at least that's better than being patronizing? :hmm:

Vote for any songs you want, but it makes very little logical sense to vote for what we already have instead of what we do not. Insult our opinions all you want, but those of us trying to explain this are right.

340x-7.gif

Its sinead o'connor and a well known fact she provided back up vocals

Are you saying Sinead O'Connor provided back up vocals on "Passengers: Original Soundtracks"? Even still, she didn't sing the lyrics. Bono did and I want to hear him!

I love that track!

They actually did that live though - i believe it was Sinead O' Connor who recorded vocals for this song, and the band played them during the live performances.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter... it's not like Your Blue Room is anywhere near likely to get voted into the cd :angry:

I hope some morons don't vote for "Get on Your Boots" or "Vertigo". That stuff's submental.

She provided some pre-recorded backing vocals for the tour version, I believe.

Isn't she even mentioned on the Rose Bowl DVD credits, despite that song not being in it? maybe there's, like, 2 seconds of it in some behind-the-scenes clip.

She provided some pre-recorded backing vocals for the tour version, I believe.

Isn't she even mentioned on the Rose Bowl DVD credits, despite that song not being in it? maybe there's, like, 2 seconds of it in some behind-the-scenes clip.
Really? I was pretty sure only Bono sang the entire song; even if it's imperfect, I'd rather hear him! Maybe I misremembered and she did sing some parts of it; if that's the case, I don't mind.

Thanks, Corianderstem; as helpful as always.

By the way, since you're an X-Files fan, you can get some of the music on the first Volume of a set of Mark Snow's music to the show. It's pretty great:
http://www.lalalandrecords.com/XFiles.html

I'd rather be pompous enough to point out the obvious (Like that we don't need another live version of One on disc more than a song we have no official version of), at least that's better than being patronizing? :hmm:

Vote for any songs you want, but it makes very little logical sense to vote for what we already have instead of what we do not. Insult our opinions all you want, but those of us trying to explain this are right.

Agree, people that cannot at least see that are looking to be offended. If you do not like a particular song, don't vote for it. Nothing wrong with that. But it does not make sense to vote for a song like Crazy Tonight that we already have several official soundboard versions of already. That is all people are trying to point out. I'm not sure why that is a difficult concept for some. :shrug:

Honestly, I don't remember hearing much of the backing vocals when they did the song in Chicago. I didn't listen to the clip on U2.com, but they definitely weren't prominent in concert.

Agree, people that cannot at least see that are looking to be offended. If you do not like a particular song, don't vote for it. Nothing wrong with that. But it does not make sense to vote for a song like Crazy Tonight that we already have several official soundboard versions of already. That is all people are trying to point out. I'm not sure why that is a difficult concept for some. :shrug:

Thank you. This is what I was trying to say.

Anyone who takes offense for being told its dark at night is not worth trying to not offend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom