New U2 Album in 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please rate Interference.

though, I will say I don't really see anything wrong the way this thread has gone. :shrug:

Do you realize that you essentially summed up the purpose of this forum, and all discussion of art? Every statement anyone makes about a song beyond commentary of the "this song has two guitars, a bass, and drums" or "U2 played a concert last night" is basically "giving likability percentages to a completely objective subject"?

I'm making a constructive contribution to the discussion of U2's weakest albums, which is what several people have been doing. What have you been doing aside from being needlessly critical?

i wasn't aware that the purpose of the new album information section of the forum was to arbitrarily rate each song on 4 old albums. thank you for the insight.

Big loud noise my ass. Like anyone wants more of that from U2.

I remember when Bono said 2009 was going to be the band's year. Riiiiight. How did he think that was going to come about? By slapping Crazy Tonight onto a Blackberry ad?

A campaign year... I love how this guy thinks about records and tours. U2 aren't campaigning, but he'll continue his campaign for censorship. What a fucking dickhead.

You gotta figure they're aiming for a 2013 release and maybe tour later that year or tour again in 2014, but for god sakes, NLOTH was 2009 which will be 4 years again and then the end of 360 in 2011 which would be 2-3 years between tours!

Well atleast my wallet can recover from 2009-2011 expenditures. :) But these guys are not getting any younger!

And why not go out with a bang towards the tail end of your career? Release albums every couple of years (tour every other album to not saturate the market), but U2 is a live band so it will be interesting to see if they release material when they can't tour or choose not too. It's only been several months since we've had a big push, but it feels like forever based on the huge amount of activity 2009-2011 I guess......

Maybe they could do 3-5 night stands in major markets like NYC, LA, MIA and London and tour every other album like someone previously mentioned. Would give them a great chance to shake up setlists and place in lots of new material

i do give the band credit this time at least. they could have strong you all along for the entire year. at least they provided clear expectations this time around.

zoocarolina said:
We're already 1/12 of the way through this year so that's the mild bright side. :wave:

And who knows, we may get beach clips or whatever by the (northern hemisphere's) fall.

Fraid I'll agree with that. Since I only like one song off October. And ATYCLB has Kite and WILATW, two songs I do like a lot. BD and Elevation are okay, but yeah, it has Wild honey, ialw AND s(t)uck. Plus snoozefest grace. So yeah, I'm afraid It's pretty darn low on my list.

Not big on October myself, though Gloria's a standout on any album. Love the two ATYCLB songs you mentioned though, but I think all the singles are pretty good too. Love In a Little While and don't mind Wild Honey either.

Grace a snoozefest? I can see how it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's not the snoozefest that's called Cedars of Lebanon either.

:reject:

There's plenty new music to keep you busy whilst waiting.

agreed, and i hate to say it, but there's plenty of music out there right now that will most likely blow away U2's next album. not trying to disrespect the band, and i don't think anything comes close to topping their 90's material.

Back
Top Bottom