New U2 Album in 2012?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't buy the fact that U2 are such perfectionists and that is why it takes them so long to finish their albums. What I do think is that they'll work on it for 3 weeks and then take 2 months off to kick back on the beach in France, and then when they come back to recording for another 2-3 weeks, they've lost the momentum and have had time to either dismiss previous ideas or come up with new ones.

Until we get song titles and how the band feels good about them, we aren't near the finish line.

Strongly agree, but this gives me some hope that we'll be at the song titles and opinions point by late summer. The next year could be really fun, if we're lucky.

I'll be listening to The Soft Bulletin as the world ends, with Race for the Prize repeated at the end. It feels like the happiest world-ending song ever. And then Do You Realise?? if there's enough time.

:up::up:

U2.com, the first with new album news :up:

Someone probably hacked the website :sexywink:

About 20 of them are discarded "Crazy Tonight" variations.

preschool Crazy Tonight; "ill go crazy if i don't get my recess lady's breast-milk tonight vol 1-20"

Lots Of Hits :up:

maybe, we'll see

No U2 album in 2012. very confident about this. I think were looking at anywhere from fall 2013 (earliest) to as late as spring 2015. The associated tour would then most likely begin in 2014 or 2015.

I hesitate to be too optimistic right now because of past disappointments, but I will stand by to go nuts at the first sign of confirmation.

Standing by.

Album fall of 2013, tour in 2014-15. No doubt about it. U2 will do absolutely nothing this entire year!

It's all about the touring, folks. That's where the $ is made. The 360 tour just ended less than 6 months ago! They national market needs time to recharge itself, especially lesser markets like Pittsburgh or St. Louis, where just 6 months ago 50,000+ people saw U2. They could most definitely finish an album by the end of 2012, but they won't just because of the touring thing. They'll kick back and relax for the majority of this year in France... if I was a millionaire and had the option to work or not work, I don't know what I'd do!

But they don't have to tour immediately just because they release an album, especially if there really are three of them. They could have one this year, release another one at the end of 2013, and then go on tour in 2014. And they don't really have to worry about raking in the $$$.

No U2 album in 2012. very confident about this. I think were looking at anywhere from fall 2013 (earliest) to as late as spring 2015. The associated tour would then most likely begin in 2014 or 2015.

Spring of 2015???? :crack::crack::crack:

I think there will be an album this year. I have a feeling that SOA would be a good Easter album. Then - if this three album thing is real, and since they keep talking about it I think it is - they could release the other less commercial one in the fall, and then the rock record (presuming there is one) in spring 2013 in advance of a tour.

There's absolutely nothing they could do about it, and the degree of shit flipping would depend on a few different factors of timing and scale.

In my line of work we call that a "wishcast". No basis in reality given their history. true "rock" record?! Every album since Pop has been billed as "a real rock n roll record" at some point during the hype leading up to it. Even if you took the most rock n roll songs from their last 4 albums it would be a struggle to come up with a collection of 12 songs that resembled a "real rock n roll" record.

I think there will be an album this year. I have a feeling that SOA would be a good Easter album. Then - if this three album thing is real, and since they keep talking about it I think it is - they could release the other less commercial one in the fall, and then the rock record (presuming there is one) in spring 2013 in advance of a tour.

LOL. exactly. we're at the same point now that we were at in early 2002 when there were threads just like this questioning "new album in 2002?". That said, my guess is fall of 2014 for the new album with the tour in 2015.

Is Edge on fire yet? Usual plan is to add 2-3 years to the date when that announcement is made.

Back
Top Bottom