New U2 Album Discussion (alt title: Lose Your Will To Live Here)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've always wanted hits. I just don't like them trying to write what people want to hear as opposed to making the music they want to make as best as they can. There's a difference. Thinking Pop wasn't fully realized because you're rushed is one thing. Thinking NLOTH was "too complex" or whatever for the audience is another thing, and it's a horrible thing.

Yeah, it's really insulting. I remember when Pop came out and they'd talk about how smart their fans were, how they were into a lot of different music and wanted to be challenged. Do they not have those fans anymore?

I don't buy that Pop was rushed, either. I think they took too long with it. It was the start of a destructive trend of taking a long time and then panicking and making poor decisions at the end.

To Mrs Garrison: I hope you're right! I love how you and "U2" over there ignore what I'm actually saying.

Yeah, it's really insulting. I remember when Pop came out and they'd talk about how smart their fans were, how they were into a lot of different music and wanted to be challenged. Do they not have those fans anymore?

I don't buy that Pop was rushed, either. I think they took too long with it. It was the start of a destructive trend of taking a long time and then panicking and making poor decisions at the end.

To Mrs Garrison: I hope you're right! I love how you and "U2" over there ignore what I'm actually saying.

You're solely talking in vague paraphrases.

Oh believe me, im not ignoring what you are saying, just making light of it . Thats all.

You are absolutely welcome to your opinion, which btw a few pages back i said i found your point of view interesting. Even if i dont agree with you all that much.

But what about

RADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEADRADIOHEAD?

What their choice of "club" producers indicates, and what you are ignoring, is that their approach has changed. I'm not going to start attacking your knowledge of the band, because it is intimidating in its depth, but if you think about the way they've talked about hits over the years, it has changed.

They used to have the attitude, "Hit's are great but we're not going to chase them" to "We need hits, let's put Stand Up Comedy on the album...and not release it as a singe!" They are open about chasing hits, whereas before they did their thing, wrote great songs that BECAME hits.

So let me get this straight... you think they put SUC on there because they thought it would be a non-single hit? And this whole argument is based on the fact that they may or may not be doing some club album with some producers? We have no clue what the album would sound like or what kind of project it even is, OR if it really exists. This sounds very familiar to U2 fans back in 96 when they found out U2 was working with Howie B.

I don't know if U2 is "chasing the hits" for the first time, but I do know you're chasing the wind.

Ok, that's your opinion, we've read it plenty of times for the last days, we don't need you to shout, we don't need to accept any sad truth, I knew the band members' age before you told us they are old and I don't find it so sad to be 50 and being for more than 20 years at the top of the world's musical panorama if you allow me to say that. I think it is you who must accept the truth: that many people don't agree with you here. What are you going to do? Keep posting it till we say we agree? Frankly, I can't understand your position.

What are you talking about? I only posted a couple times. I think I've posted less than 10 times in the past month. And what's with this "we" thing? Do you speak for everyone? Calm down, I have no interest in making you agree with anything I say. It's your perogative to disagree. I don't care either way. You're a stranger on a message board.

I'm just being realistic about U2. 1) They're old. AND 2) They've already had 2legitimate comebacks in their career (early 90s, early 00's). Where do you go from there?

Now personally, I don't care how old they are. And I don't think it should matter to the music. But age does matter when you're competing with the top pop acts of the day. And if they are trying to stay "relevant", then how about, for starters, releasing the music in a way that's exciting and new as opposed to the same old strategy. That's all I'm saying. K?

It depends on whether or not you were really trying to fart into the wind.

oh, and it also depends on who produced your farts. I hear willdotidotam is really good with farts.

If we all lose our will to live, does that mean the thread can be closed because the prediction in the thread title came through?

So let me get this straight... you think they put SUC on there because they thought it would be a non-single hit? And this whole argument is based on the fact that they may or may not be doing some club album with some producers? We have no clue what the album would sound like or what kind of project it even is, OR if it really exists. This sounds very familiar to U2 fans back in 96 when they found out U2 was working with Howie B.

I don't know if U2 is "chasing the hits" for the first time, but I do know you're chasing the wind.

I think they put SUC on there because they thought it would be a hit. And then probably realized it's shit.

You can't really compare the status of the current "club" producers to Howie B in 1996...not exactly the same level.

U2 should have worked with D Train in 84. That would have been the shit.

There's only one solution to all of our problems:

450px-DSC_0340_Kevin_Kolb_%282%29.jpg

Hollow Island:
You've been fucked up bad by BVS, face it......sooner or later we all do.....just come back tomorrow and we can start anew. It happens. A good ass-whooping by BVS or Digitize keeps us all coming back.

Is Thom okay? :sad:

i dunno?

Radiohead singer Thom Yorke seizure caught on video? | THE ZEITGEISTY REPORT

During a recent video shoot, Radiohead singer Thom Yorke suffered what appears to be a very serious seizure. What makes this all the more stunning was that it was all caught on tape! Whereas most other people would have put down the camera and come to the aid of a suffering individual, the fine folks within the Radiohead organization did the wise thing by keeping things rolling and staying the fuck out of Thom’s way until his seizure subsided.

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom