NEW SONGS which sound Like older U2 songs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
I can't help but find similarities with some of the new songs to older songs. Not necessarily carbon copies but same ambiance, feeling, texture etc etc.

Vertigo-Elevation (In its funky lyrics), I will follow (similar riffs)

They have played I will follow several times now in their promo tour to pair it with Vertigo.

Sometimes you cant make it on your own- Stuck in a moment

I still cant fall in love with this song cause its so like stuck, one of their weaker attemts from ATYCLB. Its just not my style i guess that I like U2 to perform.

COBL-Unforgettable Fire.

Even when I think of the title, I think of UF's video with the lightning and mood.

One step Closer-The First Time.

To those who love the first time, then you must love this cause its the same tempo and feeling.

LAPOE-New York

Dark atmospherics, which I like. Can also fit in nice in POP

Man and a Woman-Love comes tumbling

Two very sexy songs, takes you on a floating highway of love and passion and romance. Should be hot as an Encore.

Later, Paul.

i agree with most cep the Sometimes and Stuck comparasion. To me Somtimes lyrics are far more deep than "being stuck in a moment you can't get out of".

I, for one, was relieved that I didn't find Sometimes to be anything like Stuck on first listen to HTDAAB..its leagues ahead in terms of passion, productions, vocals and use of guitars to create atmosphere.

The one thing that "sometimes" has that "stuck" lacks is a kick ass last third of the song when the song explodes into an ecstatic climax.

Later, Paul.

Vertigo = Elevation
Miracle Drug = Bad
SYCMIOYO = One
Love and Peace or Else = Bullet The Blue Sky
COBL = WTSHNN
ABOY = Desire
A Man and A Woman is actually pretty original for once.
CFYT = Walk On
One Step Closer = The First Time
Original of The Species = Kite
Yahweh = for some reason I always get a Some Days are Better Than Others vibe to it

what a bomb! said:
why are you comparing? ATYCLB that got less favourable reviews on this site didn't even get compared like this!

I'm not really comparing, just showing which songs have a similar vibe to other songs.

Cause HTAADB is a solid album but sort of fuses the best that is U2 from the 25 years of existance. It takes a little of bit of all their albums and creates one new album. Not necessarily a bad thing. But its impossible for an 11th album not to have any similarities to previous works.

I would say that LAPOE and MAAW are the most original U2 songs in this new album.

Later, Paul.

Vertigo - UTEOTW
Miracle Drug - Stuck In A Moment
SYCMIOYO - One
LAPOE - Bullet The Blue Sky
COBL - Dirty Day
ABOY - The Refugee
AMAAW - Big Girls Are Best
CFYT - Acrobat
OSC - The First Time
OOTS - Stay mixed with Kite
Yahweh - A Sort Of Homecoming mixed with 40

snutes1 said:

Sometimes you cant make it on your own- Stuck in a moment

I still cant fall in love with this song cause its so like stuck, one of their weaker attemts from ATYCLB. Its just not my style i guess that I like U2 to perform.

besides the name i can't agree that both songs are similar.

the line "you don't have to be shy" appears in both Oots and HMTMKMKM

But really, these songs are so good as original compositions. There are undoubtedly influences from previous U2 songs on this album, but in my opinion ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!! :applaud:

Oh, and comparing Stuck to Sometimes is like comparing Heidi Fleiss to Mother Teressa because they both give alot of themselves to the public! Sure, there is a very distant connection, but Sometimes is leagues ahead in music, dynamics, lyrics, passion, emotion, energy and melody. IMO. :rant:

Back
Top Bottom