New Song WILL Be A Single---And Downloadable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
One more reason why tacking the new song onto the latest Best Of isn't so terrible....

This is from the Irish News article from a few days ago:

***U2's manager Paul McGuinness is equally as excited about the band's recent recording and reveals that fans may have a pleasant surprise to look forward to.

"We are all thrilled with the new songs and I think that the band are in the best form they have been in for years. Three songs have already been recorded with Rick Rubin and the boys are itching to get back into the studio to get more on tape.

"We head off to Australia to pick up the Vertigo tour again in November so we will be very busy, but look out for a download single before Christmas! I'll say no more now but wait and see."***

That phrasing doesn't make it sound like it'll be an "Album Only" download, either.

:up: I suppose they did kind of need some new material for the upcoming gigs they have. I just hope this single is going to be one of the beachclips! :heart:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
two threads on the same article :happy:

Because it's a pretty key line that, in all the outrage over the Best Of album, everyone seems to have forgotten...just like the other thread has been forgotten, altogether.....and then based part of the argument against the GH decision on the omission.

And because you seem to have taken a shot at every thread of mine in the last week, I just wanted to give you one more. :happy:

Last edited:
Zoo TV

U2 by U2

...and now a 3rd BEST OF RELEASE (2 albums premature)

They should have included the 2 new songs with the Coffee Table Book or with Zoo TV

dietcokeofevil said:
Zoo TV

U2 by U2

They should have included the 2 new songs with the Coffee Table Book or with Zoo TV

:up:

Exactly...what's up with the huge blitz of everything?

Utoo said:

Because it's a pretty key line that, in all the outrage over the Best Of album, everyone seems to have forgotten...just like the other thread has been forgotten, altogether.....and then based part of the argument against the GH decision on the omission.

And because you seem to have taken a shot at every thread of mine in the last week, I just wanted to give you one more. :happy:

if it makes you feel any better, i didn't notice, nor did i care, who started the post.

there is a thread on this exact same article not even half way down the page. sorry if i found it silly to have two of 'em. my bad

Headache in a Suitcase said:

if it makes you feel any better, i didn't notice, nor did i care, who started the post.

there is a thread on this exact same article not even half way down the page. sorry if i found it silly to have two of 'em. my bad

it does---thanks. sorry i pounced like that.

dietcokeofevil said:
Zoo TV

U2 by U2

Then people would just bitch about having to buy a book to hear 2 new songs, or bitch about having to buy an already released concert (again) to just hear 2 new songs.

corianderstem said:

I thought of you when I saw this thread. :wink:

ugh, i was going through iTunes last night, and it just KILLS me that "levitate" and "smile" and all that stuff are album only.

the principle of the thing.

Back
Top Bottom