New song - 46664

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
You can go to www.46664.com to find the number for your country to call to hear the new song - the catch is you pay $1/min for the phone call. I did, I'm desperate for anything new that is remotely related to U2. Ended up being about a 5 minute call. Don't see it becoming a number 1 hit, but I think it was worth a donation to a good cause for a listen :)

46664 is a name of the concert that will take place next month at the Green Point Stadium in Cape Town, SA. It's made to raise AIDS awareness. Bono will perform there as well as Queen and Beyonce Knowles.46664 is also Mandela's prison number. He spent his sentence on an island nearby Cape Town and that's why they used it as a symbol.

i still have trouble comprehending that Bono sings on a new song, that he quite possibly had a hand in writing, and no one gives a shit.

isn't new u2 what people care about?
isn't that basically what this is?

oh well. doesn't his new haircut look sexy?

unfortunately I cannot listen to the song because i have no credit card. I just heard a little clippityclip, and I can say with absolute authority that this is a lot better than 'American Prayer' but then, that's not saying much now is it?

SkeeK said:
I just heard a little clippityclip, and I can say with absolute authority that this is a lot better than 'American Prayer' but then, that's not saying much now is it?

Maybe it's because I actually was there for a live performance, but I still like American Prayer better at the present time. :shrug:

I think I need some computer help to download this song.....
does anyone know why when I click on "download" the proceed to download button it tells you to right click on shows up for less than a second then disappears!?? I'm left with nothing to click on to download the song!

does Bono say in this song "try to stop the dick heads"?
:ohmy: they should have kept the raping/r&b stuff out. but then this is not a u2 song so what ever. vocals are very very simply i wonder why:huh: i like the guitar in the end.

You may already know this, but U2Guatemala has an mp3 file of the song as listened over the phone, and also the lyrics.

http://www.u2guatemala.com/

Click in Download for the file and Noticias for the lyrics.

Edited to add: I like the song, very much.

MT

Last edited:
It's hard to say after only hearing the nasty through-the-phone version. I wish they'd release a single!

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to that site MT. I wouldn't have found it otherwise. It is taking forever to download the song, I don't think I can wait for it. But I read the lyrics. It says a lot in just a few words:up:
It mentions Tinnitus on that page and that Bono suffers from it. Suffer being the right word. My dad has it, caused by a machine he operated when he was a miner and it nearly drives him insane at night. He was suicidal for a while when he adjusted to living with it.It's a terrible thing and a rock musicians occupational hazard. A lot of them go deaf too and became isolated and depressed ( and cranky). Great gosh, I wish Bono and Ali well.

"seeds and spore, spirit raw, visons soar"
:(

I see there is an Australian number listed . I should do this officially.

Bwahahahahahah!! Just downloaded the song... It?s not U2 at all!! It?s not Bono at all! No angry guitar here...

Don?t download it... you?ll only waste your time..

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Of course it's not U2 - they, as a band, had nothing to do with the song.

Exactly. Btw, Herbert from U2Guatemala only provided the file because there is no number to dial and donate in Latin America so far, but he encourages people to do the right thing. U2.com says that more countries will be added soon. I hope so, international calls are not that cheap and I would like to do the right thing.

I like the song, it has an african atmosphere for sure, and the lyrics are beautiful. It should be released along with American Prayer IMO.

MT

PS.: Hola cass...hugs amiga :)

Last edited:
U2.com:

Dial Up ?46664? For Africa!

Pick up your phone and listen to ?46664 (Long Walk to Freedom)?, featuring Bono, Youssou N'Dour, Abdel and Dave Stewart.

The track - written by Bono, Dave Stewart and the late Joe Strummer - is released as part of the 46664 Campaign launched this week by Nelson Mandela and aimed at pressurising western governments to declare a global AIDS emergency.

You can read all about it in our earlier story here.

When you listen to the track, you also make a donation to the 46664 Campaign.

Below is the list of all the Official International 46664 phone numbers. You can dial any of these numbers from a mobile or landline. .

Australia - 1900 946 664
Canada - 866 61 46664
France - 0892 892 870
Germany - (0172) 220 46664
Greece - 901 12 72664
Hungary - 3670 70 46664
Ireland - 1580 715 715
Italy - 46664
Japan - TBC
Malta - TBC
Netherlands - 0900 46664 00
New Zealand - TBC
Portugal - 91 1500 000
South Africa - 082 1 46664
Spain - 806 52 6664
Sweden 0718 32 664
UK - 09060 1 46664
USA - 866 61 46664

More information on the numbers to call from other countries is being added. Check the official campaign site 46664.tiscali.com for these details, along with information on the concert next month in South Africa and other exclusives.
===

Back
Top Bottom