New song - 46664

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
follower said:

I like the song, it has an african atmosphere for sure, and the lyrics are beautiful. It should be released along with American Prayer IMO.

Yeah, it definitely has that African call-and-response type feel to it, at least the first part. I'm still waiting on an officially recorded version of American Prayer, the Wheaton College recording will due until then.....

ok anyone help me out.

i downloaded the song of u2guatemala. sounds very thin to me, but i cannot fully judge the song because of the poor audio quality. therefore, i decided to call the number of my country to check whether or not that would enable me to render a better judgment (and a good cause always needs support!). and indeed, i was able to listen to the (a?) song called 'long road/walk to freedom', same title as the one being sung by bono that can be listened to at u2guatemala. however, the song that i heard throughthe telephone sounded very different and wasnt sung by bono at all????

whats the deal here. is there more than one version of the song and are they randomly played through the phone? are they two different songs? anyone?

i must say from what ive heard so far both (versions of the) song are a bit :eeklaugh:

And you can also find there the full transcript of a webchat they hosted with Dave Stewart, dated last Friday 24th. Check the news section, it?s worth to read IMO.

Anyways here is a few things he said about his work along with Bono on American Prayer and also about the B-man himself:

""Bono and I are working on a song which has gone through many changes, called American Prayer. We're recording it with American artists (who have already made the backing tracks). We've already recorded Beyonce and The Neptunes and I'm off to LA tomorrow to carry on work with the track. The idea of the song, and the reason we're making it an American star-studded band, is that the song is talking about how America, as a country and a philosophy was a good idea but it seems to have lost the plot. It would be much wiser for America to wake up and help struggling countries instead of building massive defences which can't be broken down. Nothing is more disarming than love.

I've been travelling a lot with Bono over the last year and he's got an organisation Data - www.datadata.org. Working with him is amazing, he's a non-stop human dynamo and totally aware of all the injustices happening in the world. He's better suited and more knowledgeable in politics and drug companies. He knows how to lobby and make changes from a political standpoint. I'm more of an ideas person I'm like a sergeant in Bono's army!"

MT

Last edited:
Flaming Friar Sr said:
nope definitely not. it was called 'long walk to freedom'. sounded that it was sung lead by beyonc? or someone similar.

Weird, as far as I know there?s no mention anywhere about different versions :confused:

Btw, they mention that there will be another webchats there at 46664 site, with other supporters. Next Friday Oct 31st will be with Roger Taylor, from Queen. I hope Bono to be the next soon.

MT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom