New single in September?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shaun vox said:
402 and 404 are good!! but the rest are quite boring !!

402 sounds like a slow version of HMTMKMKM !!
402 also has a bit of NIGHT AND DAY feel to it!!
if Pauls voice stay's clear and strong on this track this could be the best song since STAY!!

did you actually...just...say you liked something from recent U2?

can we, like, cement this post in gold or something??

AtomicBono said:

did you actually...just...say you liked something from recent U2?

can we, like, cement this post in gold or something??

I was thinking of giving him a lollipop shaped like Axl's dreadlocks.

I honestly think that what we're hearing is not a single. I think it's a collection of very very early songs that someone was lucky enough to capture out of a band member's balcony.

I believe we'll hear these songs when the new album hits. I honestly don't think we're gonna get a single in September. If we will, the boys are running out of time.

Case in point: Robbie Williams's "Rudebox" single drops in early September and that song is already being buzzed about and played.

If the boys are planning a September single, I think we'll hear about it within 2 weeks. If not, then it's off.

TJT, I agree. If a single is going to happen than the buzz would just be starting in the industry...and if you listen closely all you'll here is the crickets chirping.

I'm still hopeful, but it's getting late in the game...but not too late.

shaun vox said:

if Pauls voice stay's clear and strong on this track this could be the best song since STAY!!

That was a...sort of decent post with a slight bit of insight. :love:

...Not like your usual "u2 SucKs liKe ColdGay does" posting motif. :wink:

The book is quite a special undertaking for U2 and they are surely quite proud of that. They will promote it like crazy and won't want the attention diverted to a new single. And as everyone has said, if indeed it would be out by September there would at least be some sort of buzz now. There's none. There will be enough buzz about the book and the Sydney concert should satisfy the hardcore fans - this is all enough to keep U2 in the public eye until their tour resumes. So I'm betting against a single to be out on September. Any takers?

jarvis said:
The book is quite a special undertaking for U2 and they are surely quite proud of that. They will promote it like crazy and won't want the attention diverted to a new single. And as everyone has said, if indeed it would be out by September there would at least be some sort of buzz now. There's none. There will be enough buzz about the book and the Sydney concert should satisfy the hardcore fans - this is all enough to keep U2 in the public eye until their tour resumes. So I'm betting against a single to be out on September. Any takers?

I've been a hardcore fan for 20 years and the book and dvd wont satisfy me.
I want a new album damnit!!!:banghead:

shaun vox said:

Oh God, if the new album is anything like Night and Day and HMTMKMKM then I'll die a happy man.
Best thing since Stay....:drool:

Shaun, you have great taste!!

Sleep Over Jack said:
Imagine a new album in the vein of Love And Peace...gritty blues rock ran through a Zooropa filter.:cool:

No thanks. Blues rock gets old real fast.

Sleep Over Jack said:

Sometimes it can, but if it was done with a twist it could work.

Maybe. The problem with the Blues in any case is it's extremely simple and repetitive. It can definitely be amazing, but it's really all the same. In my opinion, the problem with most Blues-rock is the lack of interesting vocal melodies. Maybe if it had that, we could get some interesting results.

Umm, have you heard their albums after Physical Graffiti? Yeah, they blow.

Led Zeppelin may also be one of the greatest bands of all time, but they were hardly the most creative. Yeah, I'd say their stuff does get old quick. How many times over could they write Heartbreaker?

Lancemc said:

Maybe. The problem with the Blues in any case is it's extremely simple and repetitive. It can definitely be amazing, but it's really all the same. In my opinion, the problem with most Blues-rock is the lack of interesting vocal melodies. Maybe if it had that, we could get some interesting results.

Well if you had those dirty riffs fused with electronics, ambient passages etc. make it sound spacier and less bombastic, I could see it working. I'd take that over a straight guitar album.

Sleep Over Jack said:

Well if you had those dirty riffs fused with electronics, ambient passages etc. make it sound spacier and less bombastic, I could see it working. I'd take that over a straight guitar album.

Ok, I'm beginning to see where you're coming from now. That could be pretty cool. I sure wouldn't want an album full of LAPOE, Exit, and All along the watchtower though, if you know what I mean...and I think you do. ;)

Lancemc said:

Ok, I'm beginning to see where you're coming from now. That could be pretty cool. I sure wouldn't want an album full of LAPOE, Exit, and All along the watchtower though, if you know what I mean...and I think you do. ;)

:wink:

Lancemc said:
Umm, have you heard their albums after Physical Graffiti? Yeah, they blow.

Led Zeppelin may also be one of the greatest bands of all time, but they were hardly the most creative. Yeah, I'd say their stuff does get old quick. How many times over could they write Heartbreaker?

'In Through The Out Door' is a great album that followed Physical Graffiti. LZ had a lot of blues stuff, especially and primarily LZ I and II, but starting with III they started adding eastern influences, all kinds of creative percussion, synths, piano, the whole gamut pretty much. Acoustic, folksy, honky tonk, country, this is almost ridiculous that I even have to type this out, anyhow.....

Yes, they always made blues based rock but to say their sound gets old or alluding that it's redundant, in my opinion, is like saying all of U2's music sounds like Pride, which you do hear from people who obviously haven't heard most of it.

U2DMfan said:

'In Through The Out Door' is a great album that followed Physical Graffiti. LZ had a lot of blues stuff, especially and primarily LZ I and II, but starting with III they started adding eastern influences, all kinds of creative percussion, synths, piano, the whole gamut pretty much. Acoustic, folksy, honky tonk, country, this is almost ridiculous that I even have to type this out, anyhow.....

Yes, they always made blues based rock but to say their sound gets old or alluding that it's redundant, in my opinion, is like saying all of U2's music sounds like Pride, which you do hear from people who obviously haven't heard most of it.

While whether or not "In Through the Out Door" is a great album if pretty subjective, I think you're overrating their creativity a bit too much. Yes, III was acoustic, and Houses of the Holy featured some fantastic rhythms and such, but all their albums still carried the same sound to a much greater degree than the other great classic bands. I mean, The Ocean could have been on II, and Dancing Days or Custard Pie could have just as easily been on IV. The Eastern influences were new for them, but once they started appears on more and more of their albums they too became redundant.

As for the synth stuff, that mostly came about in the later albums, which I don't like to even think about. In my opinion, their work after PG is just dreck. Maybe better than most of the boring classic rock bloating the radio today, they just dont' hold up to Zep's incredibly high standard.

Like I said, I hold Zeppelin as one of the greatest bands of all time, but as far as versitility goes, they're not so hot. And I sure hope your last comment was just a general statement, and not a specific accusation to me about how much Zeppelin I've heard.:|

Sleep Over Jack said:
Imagine a new album in the vein of Love And Peace...gritty blues rock ran through a Zooropa filter.:cool:

that do me fine:drool:

Back
Top Bottom