New Single Finished!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lew07

The Fly
This is from U2log.com

Steve Lillywhite says "U2 single finished"

Here?s the Edge pictured by Aaron Govern outside Hanover studios on Wednesday. Aaron writes: ?Speaking to Edge he confirmed that the band would complete the album ?by the end of June - first week of July at latest?. [ ? ] When I asked Edge if this would be the last album they would record there, he said that it may not be because ?it wasn?t expected to be knocked down for another two or three years yet.??

Steve Lillywhite, in a chirpy mood, told Aaron he was ?really enjoying the recording? and that he had been with the band since March. This week the band have been doing ?lyric recordings?. Lillywhite was especially pleased ?because we finished the single yesterday.? (June 15th).

Aaron further reports Bono drove up to the studio in a Maserati. A car to suit Bono?s new career as a venture capitalist? He stopped to sign autographs, but did not speak to the fans as he was on the phone.

Through the open studio windows fans could hear playback for a full two minutes of ?a song which had no vocals but was very upbeat and rocking in a similar vein to Beautiful Day/ Electrical Storm.?

Sweet! It's almost here!!

OH MY GOD!!! YEAH!! I'M SO PUMPED!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! AKFGLKAGFVVFDKJALKVJKHFJLKH!!!!!! YES!!!!!

dammit, all the cool stuff happens in Ireland. i have to move there. those guys who got a sneak peek at the album are so lucky!!! ArGHH!!!! Hopefully someone recorded it :wink: !

Probably the first single, it's good that this song is upbeat. Similar to Discotheque, Numb (?), and Beautiful Day.

ARHGRAHRGALKDJF ALDJKALFSL!!! I CANT WAIT TO HEAR IT AJFLKLSJSALF SJFAKFLA VV HAJDGFLIHLVGHSLKFNSJN FNFLKASHKLFJHFLSKNFKAS LKJFLK JFLKSAJCMSLKAVNKFDLAHFLID GILHALKHFLSAHFSAKNVSAHVAKLSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Imagine if that song was leaked in a month from now :ohmy: I doubt it though probably not till late August. The single will give us a good idea of what the whole album will be like at least the rocking songs. :hyper:

Last edited:
lew07 said:
When I asked Edge if this would be the last album they would record there, he said that it may not be because ?it wasn?t expected to be knocked down for another two or three years yet.??

So we might get another record in some two or three years? :ohmy: I doubt it. :(

i expect we'll hear the new single by mid/late august by a leak. it'll hit radio by mid september.

w00t!

I have this feeling that the single and maybe the album will have a similar feel to the Orbit remix of Electrical Storm.

Back
Top Bottom