New rumors! (good ones)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
from u2log.com

By Any Other Name

We know you?re wary of false idols in these lean times. But U2log.com has some authentic, honest-to-goodness scoops for you: can you say ?working song titles?? We?re not at liberty to name our industry sources, but we can vouch for their accuracy. These titles are subject to change, so they could easily be different in their official release. Omnia mutatur and all that.

What we know:

?Sometimes You Can?t Make It On Your Own?? is a version of the song Bono sang at his father?s funeral in 2001. This one you probably knew; it?s been buzzed about since 2001 ? note, however, one source suggests it?s ?Can?, not ?Can?t?.
?Sky Hawk?? was described to us as ?epic, highbrow rock,? and is intended for the soundtrack to a major 2004 superhero film ? and therefore, could end up as the first song to reach the public.
?Love And Peace Or Else?? is reportedly ?bluesy.?
?Jahweh?? is a title that, you may recall, we slipped to you a while back. One source made a case for it as ?one of the greatest songs U2 have ever recorded.? Make of that what you will?

Our sources also indicated that the band?s claims that the album is a massive rocker are not hot air ? they seemed extremely impressed by what they?ve come in contact with. What we know, you now know too. Can it tide you over?

I like the sound of this. :up:

Edit: I wonder if the "major 2004 superhero film" is Spiderman 2, which comes out in... May...

Last edited:
Excellent.....hope for more little snippets of news like this, and "Sky Hawk" is a brilliant name for a song!:)

Well they ARE just working song titles.

Thankfully we do have confirmation on the "God Song" that Ignoreland told us about.

Love and Peace or Else and SkyHawk are sweet song names.

This all sounds very cool!!!!! Can't wait for the new album!!!!
Sky Hawk does sound cool, and i'm really liking the way Love amd Peace or Else sounds!

If U2 was on the soundtrack for spidey 2 i'd be soooo hyped cause i'm a huge spidey fan aswell!!! My friend tricked me on the opening night of spider-man and said u2 was on the sound track! If they were on the track to Spidey 2 that would be really funny!!!! I won't look so clueless when i believed him!!!

It's coming!!!!!

~beLIEve the album HYPE!!!!!!~

...now, will it be called solar?.....

Maybe Sky Hawk is a new title for Native Son/ Full metal jacket?

I think we are really gonna be impressed with the new album!
An then everyone will have to admit Bono isn't full of hot air!!! :bono:

Please let May be true...
Please let this album be as Good as AB or POP...
I would die happy hearing another song as good as Gone or Love is Blindness...

Dorian Gray said:
from u2log.com

One source made a case for it as ?one of the greatest songs U2 have ever recorded.? Make of that what you will?

Wow, this particular quote gives me a knot in my stomach. I'm not sure I can hold out much longer. I feel like I'm going to bust.:scream:

Spider-man 2 is wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. Spider-man 2 does not come out till July 2nd... but you know what comes out in May which makes more sense then Spider-man 2? Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. And I believe that the Sky Captain's squadron is called... "The Sky Hawks" IF this is true then I was the first to say it haha.

The only other superhero movies coming out soon is Van Helsing, Spider-man 2, and Hellboy, and Sky Captian and the World of Tomorrow... Hrm.. Skyhawk fits too well.

Premise: This science fiction adventure set in the 1930s starts as New York City reporter Polly Perkins (Paltrow) starts to investigate why so many famous scientists are starting to be reported missing. Soon, she starts to get clues, as strange flying machines and giant robots threaten the city. Luckily, her old flame, aviator Captain Joseph Sullivan (Law), AKA Sky Captain, is there to battle the bad guys with his friends, the Flying Legion, in his Warhawk P-40. Soon, Polly is flying away with Sky Captain to Nepal to find a crazy scientist, Dr. Totenkopf, who apparently wants to destroy the world...

more sky captain info http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808466197

Well, Angelina is in the movie, and she obviously was the star of the last movie that featured U2 in its soundtrack.

Last edited:
sky captain is slated for a june 11, 2004 release according to imdb

it stars jude law, gwyneth paltrow, giovanni ribisi & angelina jolie

--The entire movie was shot against blue screen, with everything except the main characters computer generated.

--Originally, the title was simply "The World of Tomorrow", but was changed so as not to be confused with another 2004 big-budget film, Day After Tomorrow, The (2004).

of the movies mentioned by convoy, only van helsing is done by universal, which owns u2's rights. however, sky captain is done by paramount, the same company that puts out tomb raider :shrug: so take it as you may...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
sky captain is slated for a june 11, 2004 release according to imdb

it stars jude law, gwyneth paltrow, giovanni ribisi & angelina jolie

--The entire movie was shot against blue screen, with everything except the main characters computer generated.

--Originally, the title was simply "The World of Tomorrow", but was changed so as not to be confused with another 2004 big-budget film, Day After Tomorrow, The (2004).

of the movies mentioned by convoy, only van helsing is done by universal, which owns u2's rights. however, sky captain is done by paramount, the same company that puts out tomb raider :shrug: so take it as you may...

I wasn't too sure with the release date of the film, as I heard it was for May but happened to end up being pushed back so I didn't have to face Van Helsing or Hellboy or something to that extent. The budget for the film was $60 million and the director of it is a first time unknown director and they say the only reason he was given this money was because he basically invented the technology to film the entire movie against a blue screen. I doubt it will be Van Helsing as that is rated R I think and is a much darker film but Sky Captain really fits with U2.

If its true what they say about "jahweh", then I can't wait for this album to come out. I hope to be blown away by it

Homerpalooza said:
"Sky Hawk" might not even be on the album; it could turn into an "HMTMKMKM" type of deal.

I'm reluctant to believe that. I personally think that had a U2 album been coming out at the time of HMTMKMKM, it would've appeared on it. However, there was none in the near future and it didn't fit with the rest of Passengers, so it was what it was.

I'm personally of the opinion that HMTMKMKM should've replaced Miami on Pop, despite the time gap, and MacPhisto should've performed Discotheque/HMTMKMKM/11 O'clock Tick Tock during Popmart.

Axver said:
I'm reluctant to believe that.

Well, what throws me is that the title sounds like it could be something written specifically for a movie. For example, if Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow truly has a group of people named the Sky Hawks, then that's a pretty lucky coincidence that U2 have the perfect song just in time for it...

Homerpalooza, I was thinking the exact same thing about HMTMKMKM. Maybe SkyHawk is a song left over from the ATYCLB sessions. Maybe they remixed it and gave it a new name to fit the movie.

From what I understand HMTMKMKM was a left-over song from the Zooropa time frame. It didn't make it on Zooropa because they couldn't finish it or it didn't sound right on the album or something.

So SkyHawk is a great song that didn't quite fit on ATYCLB. But it doesn't quite fit on the new album either. So they release it as movie soundtrack single in early summer. Then the new album comes out in September.

Back
Top Bottom