New on @U2 - Big Announcement in the Next 24 Hours~! (FALSE ALARM)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiderman news would be a very bad news....

It would mean no album before end of 2009.

By the way, how can @U2 know that something big is comming???

I dare say they have "contacts". They were told about the original Nov 18 release date before we knew about it. And they also knew about "rumblings" that the band weren't happy with the album before the announcement about the delay happened.

The way I understand the Spiderman thing, it's moving into the theatre in January to begin rehearsals, etc. It's not actually opening until at least the middle of next year. A soundtrack won't arrive until the show opens, and I'm betting that's towards the end of '09. So we'll get two U2-related albums in the one year!!!

Pipe-dream prediction:

U2 truly does have as many songs as they say they have. Three 12-track LPs will be released over a span of a year and a half, overlapping with a two year long tour in support of them.

LP1 Release: February 23rd, 2009

Tour Leg 1: April 2009-June 2009

Tour Leg 2: August 2009-October-2009

LP2 Release: November ?, 2009

Tour Leg 3: March 2010-June 2010

LP3 Release: July ?, 2010

Tour Leg 4: August 2010-October 2010

Tour Leg 5: January 2011-April 2011

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

If it is at all new album related, it will be the new single (name) from the forthcoming album (name/date) will be debuted on/via (site/station) on (date). Then it will leak before the weekend and fuck everything up.

I'm a little worried about the source. @u2.com announced some "big" things concerning the new album in recent months and many of them turned out to be bogus. Wouldn't it be better if u2.com would make a big announcement, especially since they were so quick to report that the band is shooting a new video?

I'm a little worried about the source. @u2.com announced some "big" things concerning the new album in recent months and many of them turned out to be bogus. Wouldn't it be better if u2.com would make a big announcement, especially since they were so quick to report that the band is shooting a new video?

I'm far more willing to take atu2 seriously than U2.com.

Well that would be where the announcement comes from. @U2 won't be making it. I'd say by now every Universal Music employee in the world knows exactly what the go is with this album and are well into planning it, and it only takes one of them to be more U2 fan than good employee (which wouldn't be hard) to spill it to someone from their favoured forum. Or deliberately as a strategy, get the fanbase hype up first.

I take this to mean that news will be announced in general, and atu2 know that it will happen. Doesn't mean that they will break the news. They aren't a legal media outlet, so if they had news, they wouldn't be embargoed or forced to withhold it.

Also, they way it is worded, and the comment at the end. It is definately new album related.

I'm almost sure that it will be big news:

New single: The shoelaces of yor boots are tied

Album Titel : Expect nothing but the best, this time is for real! ENBTBTTIFR

Description of the sound: The sound of four man in a room, on fire, singing like a bird making punk rock from Pluto!

Oops. I read this as you'd rather have titties AND dates, and I wondered if you'd consider gettin with the skanks for that.

The forthcoming major announcement is that he's having a sex change to get those titties.

Hi. I’m a bit of a lurker here on Interference, but I suppose now is a good time to share that I’ve heard rumblings about Mark Romanek directing a NEW iPod commercial starring U2. From what I've heard, things happen in reverse in it.

I hope the big announcement is the release date and airplay of the new single. :up:

Maybe the big announcement will be that they will actually quit.

Now that would be something: Ladies and gentlemen, after a very long and creative recordingprocess it is with utmost regret that we have tot announce our retirement.
The main reason is the new material is just too good and we are too stunned to ever comprehend what we have created, let alone play it live. God speed, thanks for the memories.

Or it could be that they announce the release of the first single. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom