New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
OK people, you're getting the lyrics all wrong here.

I listened to that clip over THREE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED times last night. It is without a doubt 'Hello, hello, I'm at a place called Vertigo'.

END. OF. STORY.

Thank you.:yes:

LOL I was just outside getting lunch and I was outside of Togo's when my friend called me and I started screaming HELLO HELLO IM AT A PLACE CALLED VERTIGO and then I did a little freaky dance/jump/way too excited happy thing that I dont even know what came over my body I couldnt control it and this guy asked me if I was ok and it was kinda embarassing :reject:
I. CANT. WAIT. ANYMORE.

Last edited:
mikal said:
hello, hello, i bought a place in portugal?

<--- I like that. :lol:

However, I'm not sure I'd like to have Bono as a neighbour. He seems to have a habit of playing his music awfully loud.

if you guys want to go back to the spanyard clip as well, sounds like the song starts off like this:

oha-oha-oh! oha-oha-oh! oha-oha-oh! hello! hello! (wha?) i'm at place called vertigo!

i'm not sure about the "wha?" part, but it sounds something like that, i don't think its a word, just Bono making a sound because hes pumped up

Edgette said:
Are they playing it??

Nope ... news right now.

Originally posted by TheBrazilianFly
Why don't we just wait until we listened to the whole thing, without no one speaking over it, to actually debate on the lyrics?

We're judging this from a studio-quality clip ...

i still think this is the best hope we have for a decent mp3, assuming Nova 100 doesn't black out the live feed too.

TheBrazilianFly said:
I listened to it and liked what I heard.

I reallly liked that riff that was played after Bono said "You're on a place called Vertigo!"

It sounded harder than usual and I quite like it!!! FINALLY!

Don't know if I like the melody too much yet, Bono's voice sounded kind of childish, I was waiting for something a little more agressive, but still good.

:up:

Yeah, I noticed it seems like he is holding back. From the spaniards clip he holds the vertigooooooooo a lot longer than on this clip, like he is hesitant or unsure. Bizarre. The same with the backing vocals. If you listen to the spaniard clip (hate to keep referencing it) the Edge has long "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"s after Bono sings "hello, hello" instead of the really short backing he gives on this one. I like on the clip how the Aussies say "we found this on the net." Yeah freaking right. They must have the song, so i wouldn't be surprised if they play it early.

hmmmmm, like what i have heard so far, sounds cool. I will listen to the live broadcast over the net of Nova 100 tomorrow morning and keep JJJ on in the background. Lets hope the Melbourneites play it for us, if they do, at 8.30 am tomorrow morning (Australian Firday morning) then we only have 23 hours to wait to hear it from whatever time you got now:wink:

Axver said:
We're judging this from a studio-quality clip ...

Yes, but there's a dude talking over it. :shrug: Whatever.

I've been playing both Vertigo's amazing riffs all day long and I've fopund out that they're not just fun to listen but really fun to play. :up: I specially like that heavier one Edge plays on this new mp3 we have, it's really, really good. This song is going to be fun when played live! They're both headbanging riffs, like They Fly and Until The End Of The World. Makes me very happy. :happy: :hyper:

Last edited:
as far as bono's voice, i have a feeling that the clip may be the first chorus. i have a feeling that bono might wail a little more on the second and third chorus.

my band does that on a lot of tunes.

Earnie Shavers said:
I think the Nova clip is the first chorus, the beach clip is 3/4 through the song, building to the end.

:up:

i can't wait to hear the versus and the middle!

Guys I dont know about you, but I'm rather pissed with NOVA in Melbourne at the moment. NOVA in Sydney were even less helpful, but at least 100 knew what song I was talking about. And I spoke to reception and then got put through to the studio and all said the same thing.

I dont know in great detail how radio stations work, but the NOVA group are members of the AusStereo Network, so it might make sense if they have Vertigo for Friday, then all other stations on the network will as well. This means all state NOVA's and MMM, etc. Even the shitful 2Day FM. But, so far only Sydney 969 NOVA and Melbourne 100 are confirming they will play the song on Friday.

So if we all need links, we can perhaps search for all the sites which are promising to play it for Friday?

i agree angela, i don't want to go all "OMG!1 LETS KILL HENRY ROLLINS!!!!111kthnx!11", but i do believe that radio stations need to start raising their personal standards of what they say on air, and the validation of their statements.

this alone has happened to U2 fans twice in a month, imagine how much mis-information is said on radio every day.

So does anyone think we may have the mp3 tonight from some intern working at a radio station who may already have it like.....Australia?

artdirector said:
So does anyone think we may have the mp3 tonight from some intern working at a radio station who may already have it like.....Australia?

i highly doubt any intern would risk their job and future in doing so.

I wonder how aware the stations are of how far-reaching their news is. Becuase of someone here mentioning the ad, we now have a 200+ reply thread and people all over the world anticipating this. Again, just like the earlier one in CA.

I do wonder if NOVA actually have it already (I assume they wouldn't get new songs like the day before etc for programming purposes lol) and did fully intend to play it, but got told not to some stage yesterday. It's just irresponsible not to. They can piss off many people with empty promises. I would like to think this was a genuine mistake.
:huh:

I'm all for Mikal's earlier idea. We need to hold something ransom, like John Howard.

"Play us the song spuds, or Johnny gets it! "

....Hmmm that wont work will it....:shifty:

the nature and timeline of events definitely suggests that it was a geniune mistake. my "look for the best in everyone" guess is that Interscope found out about the advertisement and told Nova they'd be in trouble if they played it.

i also realize how unethical this business world is, and i wouldn't be one bit suprised if they just played the advertisement a day early just to increase their weekend volume.

Angela Harlem said:
I'm all for Mikal's earlier idea. We need to hold something ransom, like John Howard.

"Play us the song spuds, or Johnny gets it! "

....Hmmm that wont work will it....:shifty:

And half the country would resond with: :hmm: :shrug:

I'm a little confused now. After listening to this promo tons of times I wonder why the guy says "at 6:00 Friday night U2's brand new song gets delivered to radio stations around the world"

If he means 6:00 Friday night in Australia then that is 3:00AM Friday morning CST which would lead me to believe that is the earliest they would be able to play it in Australia.

I have a feeling we will see an mp3 pop up sometime before the radio's play it.. Its just one of those things where you can't control everyone or watch everyone. An mp3 is really easy to burn or e-mail. I understand all the security involved with protecting the money side of it but for us fans who will probably buy all the CD/DVD Vertigo Singles it truly sucks. I thought there would be benefits for us fans. To top it off, they aren't releasing the album until November. 2 months is a long time to wait.

Back
Top Bottom