New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no question its "im at a place place called vertigo" listen to the clean version. Also on the clean version the second it starts u can hear a "muted" guitar then it kicks in...I bet it starts out with a lot of drums and muted type guitar/harmonics then kicks in....kinda like pride

I still think it's (from the beginning in the Spaniards clip"

"Hello hello, well I....met a place called Vertigo"

God this clip is so Godly.

the clean-intro sound at the begin of the clip, does remind me a little bit of the sound in the beginning of the new Batman-theme by Edge.

Wow it's sounds so good, also if you looped it for about a million times already :hyper: :hyper:

The radio clip says;

At 6 o'clock Friday Night, U2's brand new song gets delivered to radio stations around the world, but after sleeping with dozens of record execs and doing 100 of things our mothers would have spanked us for, we stopped wasting time. We found this on the net"

Kick into Vertigo.

"Hello, Hello", my place called Vertigo"

I believe Bonos having a conversation with "Vertigo" or "with the situation the world is in". Just as he had a conversation the Judas in UTEOTW.

I just this second heard the exact same advert on nova 100 and it still says "tommorow at 8:30am"

So i'll be up, i'll record it on tape if they play it :)

steak said:
I just this second heard the exact same advert on nova 100 and it still says "tommorow at 8:30am"

So i'll be up, i'll record it on tape if they play it :)

well isn't tommorow at 8:30 now tommorow at 8:30. while the last time they played tommorow at 8:30 it actually meant today at 8:30?

:scratch:

does anyone understand what i just said?

wait...so on the clip when they say "tomorrow" they mean friday? The clip was first heard yesterday right? I heard it at night, so it must have been Wednesday evening in Australia. Which means they would play it Thursday morning....which would be Wednesday evening for me (Chciago). Is that correct?

I just about burst into tears on the way home today when the DJ on the radio said they would premire Vertigo on Friday at 10:30am. Yesterday they said it would be Thursday afternoon. I feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster here. Good thing I have a 10 second clip to get me through the next coupla days...
I, too, have had this on repeat for the last 20 minutes. It's very obvious to me that he's saying "I'm at a place called vertigo". I think some adjustment of the equalizer may be needed...

Maybe in the song the chorus changes. One says, "You're in a place called Vertigo" and one says, "I'm at a place called Vertigo".

The cleaned up Spaniards version chorus really sounds like "You're in a place called Vertigo". Maybe they switch it up throughout the song. What do you all think?

brachanam9 said:
Maybe in the song the chorus changes. One says, "You're in a place called Vertigo" and one says, "I'm at a place called Vertigo".

The cleaned up Spaniards version chorus really sounds like "You're in a place called Vertigo". Maybe they switch it up throughout the song. What do you all think?

they could change from
"I'm" to "You're" throughout the song, i don't think they would change "in" to "at", though.
The spaniards version, was just a demo, at the time it was "you're in a place called vertigo", which didn't make it to the final version of the song

WAWSERS this song is awsome! Do you guys get the same idea as i do? that is that i think its ganna be on the very heavy side? almost has a heavy metal sound to it? not so much the hello hello part but the part they played right after seems much hevier then anything they've done in a while! This is surely ganna be an exciting song! I want heavy song for this album and so far the first song feels heavy to me!

Nico

This is very cool! It will be more interesting to hear the Spanish part in the beginning. I wish I had recorded this song from Mix 96.9 a week 1/2 ago :banghead:
if only I had listened to that horrible station. Uno, dos, tres...

I do see the Jet references...but Edge had a similar tone on Hold, Me, Thrill Me....

Last edited:
Ok. I am confused. Didnt have computer all night because I was helping someone move. Now I see this thread, 10 pages long, so Im about to go back through, but before I completely freak out, I didnt miss the premiere did I? This is just a clip???? :huh:
:hyper:

AussieU2fanman said:
33 hours until its played in Australia, 28 hours until it's played online on Dave fannings show.

39 hours for lisbon. two portuguese radio stations announced they will be playing it friday somewhere between 08:00 and 09:00 local time (GMT)

Back
Top Bottom