New Mp3 in Australian Radio Promo for Vertigo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you guys noticed u2eastlink.com is down...DUE TO BANDWIDTH LIMIT EXCEED? Is this the same website that provided the bootleg clips from the Spanish guys on the beach? Do they know or HAVE SOMETHING we don't know about and everyone is trying to DOWNLOAD IT FROM THEM?

:eyebrow:

artdirector said:
To top it off, they aren't releasing the album until November. 2 months is a long time to wait.

I'm getting really tired of hearing people say that. It's a month and a half, NOT two months.

I'd go on a rant but we've had enough of that on this forum and we all need to CALM DOWN.

Axver a forum is for people to express themselves. If you've seen this comment too many times then its time to take a break from the computer and do something else.

Uh, I get tired of seeing incorrect information just once after it's been corrected.

I am known for being overly factual and precise.

A break from the forum is unthinkable. I'm refreshing the place just about every couple of minutes in anticipation of a Vertigo leak ...

Today is exactly 2 months till the release. The 24th will be a month and 28 days, or there abouts. Thats a little more than a month and a half don't you think? overly factual and precise my ass

discotheque was released to radio over 2 months before the release of the album and i had no problem with it.

art director, good heads up with u2eastlink.com. let's keep checking throughout the night just to see what's going on. you usually don't see a "bandwidth exceeded" message unless their's a lot of activity on the site.

then again, the activity on this site has definitely increased. thanks to elvis, we have a server that can support it.

OMB that's so badass... The Edge's riff ownz. I can't wait...okay so hold on - Dave Fanning premieres the song Thursday at what, 6:00 P.M.? What's that in Indianapolis (aka Central...I think. Aren't we central? or are we eastern...) time? :huh: I'm kind of retarded, if you couldn't tell :p Or let's just say I'm at a place called vertigo...:wink:

And thanks to everyone who posted the clips, I greatly appreciate it!! :happy:

artdirector said:
Sure. I'll keep checking. Usually that bandwith comes up when you see DOWNLOADING happening.

if anyone happened to be downloading something of mass importance from u2eastlink.com, we'd know very shortly.

spencr00 said:
Today is exactly 2 months till the release. The 24th will be a month and 28 days, or there abouts. Thats a little more than a month and a half don't you think? overly factual and precise my ass

If you had read, you would have noticed we're talking about the VERTIGO SINGLE, which comes out on 8 November. One and a half months, thereabouts.

Axver, it's all good, i'm feeling you pain, ready to burst at any second.

just take a deep breath, or a swig of whiskey, which ever works best for you.

Okay so us in the States will get Vertigo from Dave Fanning's show before they play it in Australia. Got it. :up: :hyper:

I wanna know what Eastlink has! :banghead: :crazy:

U2 eastlink was the place where we got Vertigo first. Then a week or two weeks later we got Miracle Drug and then Love Peace or Else. The guys who recorded those beach clips run that site. My theory is for some reason they have the stuff and wait to post them at a later time. For instance, they recorded all three tracks at the same time by the beach. Why didn't they post them at the same time? I think something may be up.

I visit U2Eastlink a lot and I think their bandwidth problem is just that there's been a lot of activity lately. If they had anything it would be on all of the European sites, U2tour.de, U2 Achtung, and maybe even the other Spanish sites.

I think guys who recorded the beach clips are members but are not the people that run the site.

Edgette said:
Okay so us in the States will get Vertigo from Dave Fanning's show before they play it in Australia. Got it. :up: :hyper:

I wanna know what Eastlink has! :banghead: :crazy:

-from atu2

As we feared, word has come in from 2FM that the Dave Fanning Show on Thursdaywill not be available for live listening on the web. No reason was given in the email reply to our question. Boo to 2FM, Universal/Island, Principle Mgmt. or whomever is responsible for this (lame) decision.

Meanwhile, @U2 reader Brad D. tells us that Nova 100 FM in Melbourne, Australia, have announced that they will premiere "Vertigo" at 8:30 am Thursday Friday (so it would seem) morning Australian Eastern Standard Time. Nova 100 FM streams online, and here's the current time in Melbourne so you can schedule accordingly.

Lastly, we continue to investigate yesterday's report that a Phoenix radio station had played "Vertigo" on Monday. The station is now apparently claiming to have been issued a "cease and desist" letter, but our review of the station's airplay log for Monday shows no indication that "Vertigo" was played at all. Strange....

I checked Eastlink about 1-2 minutes before it went down. There was nothing on there except the link to the amazon uk thingie, which I've been told is bunk. I think their pictures from the video shoot and our general insanity has caused them to run out of bandwidth.

U2dork said:
I checked Eastlink about 1-2 minutes before it went down. There was nothing on there except the link to the amazon uk thingie, which I've been told is bunk. I think their pictures from the video shoot and our general insanity has caused them to run out of bandwidth.

I think you're right.

What time would this mean for the rest of the world? It wont be simultaneous surely?
:der:

I dont do time zones well.
And yeah, it isn't AusStereo like I thought :D

~~~~

Toni ******* <*********@dmgradio.com.au> to me
More options 8:55am (3½ hours ago)

Hey Anna

We will be playing the track at 6pm on Friday... cheers

Toni

14 hour difference to EST...?
4am EST
9am GMT

*wait, how many time zones does Australia have?

Last edited:
I've listened to it and something troubles me...

what's with the "yeaaahhhh!" sound between "hello hello" "i'm at a place called vertigo"?

That sounds really bad and, quite frankly, dumb. And it might turn some folks off. :|

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom