New laeks or fakes or unrealesed songs???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hello everyone,
Sorry if i excited people here but I have d/l some songs on my sdearch for songs on P2p when I did a search for HTDAAB I decided to d/l the songs that come up under different names then in the track listen and although i don't believe they are the leaks nor do i hope they are cos they kina suck! They do sound alot like U2 and it does sound like BONO singning and alot of them have the same voice. Unless its someone who has a very semilar voice these do sound like bono is the one signing. Here is what i found

Searing wheel - not a whole song but a clip deffinetly sounds like bono! a very weired song thought!

Get together now - Sounds very 80's again it deffinetly sounds like bono singning, again a very weired song! The way he sings is like the 80's but a song on drugs!

Heaven and Hell - a very slow kinda boring song it might be a grower though! Again i think its bono singning!

Feel free - This is by far the song with the weirdest intro if it is bono singning his voice is very weired at the beggining. Sounds a ton LIKE AB and has the background of "until the end of the world" in some places! I actualy like this song!!!

Jitterbug Baby - this deffinetly sounds kina fake but there are hints of bono singning? its very weired! sounds like AB and Lemmon!

Did you wanna - sounds kina cool kina industrial and techno and does sound like bono!

Get you down - sounds like "the beutifal people" at the beginning and has nice guitars and i really think its bono singning!

Montgomery's visit - this is the most U2 sounding song out of the possible fakes? i dont know i like it

Anyways those are thesongs that i just d/l in search of HTDAAB leaks! I am stumped at what these songs could be! I could send a couple via you send it if you guys want! I know they are not the album songs but dang do some sound U2ish!

Some of those are from Salome: The Axtung Beibi Out-takes.

this is a collection of songs from the stolen salome session tapes for AB...
btw heaven and hell is fantastic!!! :madspit:

I dont know what they are but for mee its as if I just d/l a new very weired U2 album which i am starting to like LOL thiss will get me throught the wait of the realease of HTDAAB ill send some to art atleast ill send the very u2 sounding ones!

I am startiing to like did you wanna and mont. visit! Some of these songs are so weired but sound kina cool!! and very AB dang i had no clue these were the solome outtakes!!!! they sound very good some of them woohoo i am soo happy i am ganna listen to these songs until the album is released and will help pass the time! There are also more songs yet that i am still d/l heheh these are cool!!!!!!

Yeah i just d/l wake up which is deffinetly solome!! and don't say goodby must have turned into acrobat! thats the other i am d/l now and it does deffiently confirm that that was from the AB erra! I never heard these outtakes some of them are fantatstic like don't say goodbye and feel free which i guess turned into acrobat and until the end of the world!

Fabolouse and heaven and hell is kina starting to grow on me!

Can anyone tell me how many songs are there from the outtakes? this is what i got so far:

1. Stearing wheel
2. Get together now
3. Heaven and hell
4. Feel Free
5. Jitterbug Baby
6. Did you wanna?
7. Get You Down
8. Montgomery's Visit
9. Wake Up
10. Don't Say Goodbye!

Anymore that i am missing? Now i want them all LOL

You know, it would be a lot more convenient if those songs actually had proper names! Most of the titles being used on this thread are not those that I am familiar with.

I love these outtakes!!!

These are a testament to how good they were at that moment in time. Even thier throwaway crap that was never meant to see the light of day is absolutely amazing!

I recommend the outtake sometimes known as "get you down"

It is an early version of "Acrobat" and it absolutely rocks my socks off!

I absolutley love montgomeries visit (goin' down south) the 6 minutes instumental from the outtakes,

I have that on my personal U2 best of.

Anyone else like it too or am I really sad

:wink:

Axver said:
Some of those are from Salome: The Axtung Beibi Out-takes.

ALL of those are from Salome...
Sometimes they're just called something else that this like on my collection.

Did you wanna?=Where did it all go wrong
Get together now=Salome
Get You Down=Take you down
Montgomery's Visit= Can't remember what it was called

Some info as well:

In 1991 U2 recorded what would become Achtung Baby. "Halfway through the recording process, demo recordings purportedly of the new album surfaced as a bootleg entitled. The New U2 - Rehearsals and Full Versions, a two album set which sported new titles like "Sugar Cane", "Sick For Love" and "She's Gonna Blow Your House Down". Paul McGuinness and Island Records immediately threatened to take out court injunctions against any record dealer selling them. The sessions continued in the spring of 1991 back in Dublin at Dog Town, STS and Windmill Lane studios." (1)

"Since then, the U2 working tapes have been pressed in a variety of forms:

May 1991: The New U2: Rehearsals and Full Versions
The debut pressing of the sessions. Available on vinyl only, as two separate double album packages. The covers were identical except for the colors of the lettering. One cover featured silver lettering, while the other had gold. In this pressing both LP's of the silver lettered album proved to be identical. This resulted in four LP's being released, but with only three LP's worth of material.

June 1991: The New U2: Rehearsals and Full Versions
It was widely rumored that the set had been pressed again, but this time without any duplication between the LP's. If true, this meant that there were now four LP's worth of material available.

November 1991: The New U2: Rehearsals and Full Versions
This time the pressings were released as a boxed set of 5 LP's. Surprisingly, there was no duplication within the set. All of these LP's were pressed on translucent vinyl, in either blue or green (pink pressings have also been rumored). There were now 5 LP's worth of material available, which came to a staggering total of 3 hours, 27 minutes, and 28 seconds.

February 1992: Salome: The [Axtung Beibi] Outtakes
This was the release that had been deemed "too hot" to ever be pressed. The complete three and half hours worth of material were now available as a triple compact disc set. Since these CD's were mastered from the original DAT recordings, there's no quality loss between the original working tapes and these CD's. Thus the sound quality is far superior to the LP's. The title (Salome) is believed to have been a working title used during the Achtung Baby sessions, but it's not clear which song it was refering to." (2)

That very same year, I found myself browsing the shops on Thayer Street near Brown in Providence, RI. I had heard of these "missing tapes," but I had just turned 18 in February and was not yet a U2 collector. Nonetheless, I waltzed into In Your Ear Records and perused the U2 section to find nothing... I went to the front counter and behind the glass case there sat an odd looking, thick CD case that read, "Salome: The [Axtung Beibi] Outtakes." I freaked out and asked the guy who worked there about it. He didn't know much, just that it had recently arrived and was 50 bucks. I hesitated. 50 bucks was a lot of dough to an 18 year old (especially more than a decade ago). But I had to have it, so I pulled out the last little bits of money I had and bought it.

10+ years later I discovered that the CDs of the Achtung Baby Outtakes that I currently own were of the infamous February release... I had no idea how "hot" they were or that they had been recorded directly from the original DATs. I have seen a multitude of copies for sale from $25 to $100, but none have the same cover as mine. Moreover, every other version I've seen has titles. I've come to learn these are considered FWT (Fan Working Titles).

I have also included scanned .tif images of the front & back cover (Epson 1660 Photo), as well as detailed documents on the history & origin of the tapes.

References: 1) Mark Chatterton, U2 The Complete Encyclopedia, 2001; 2) Sira Vista, The Origins and History of Salome, 1992.

3 Discs

Disc One
Track # 1 5:57
Track # 2 4:03
Track # 3 3:42
Track # 4 6:44
Track # 5 2:35
Track # 6 3:55
Track # 7 9:14
Track # 8 5:28
Track # 9 14:57
Track # 10 1:40
Track # 11 6:35
Total Time 65:24

Disc Two
Track # 1 4:31
Track # 2 2:02
Track # 3 5:35
Track # 4 4:00
Track # 5 5:09
Track # 6 6:29
Track # 7 4:51
Track # 8 7:44
Track # 9 7:38
Track # 10 5:33
Track # 11 6:32
Total Time 68:08

Disc Three
Track # 1 1:05
Track # 2 3:11
Track # 3 4:19
Track # 4 5:56
Track # 5 5:09
Track # 6 5:16
Track # 7 5:35
Track # 8 3:50
Track # 9 13:06
Track # 10 5:58
Track # 11 8:04
Track # 12 12:03
Total Time 73:56
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 Image Files

Front Cover Tiff
1778x1397 7.11 MB

Back Cover Tiff
1764x1407 7.11 MB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Word Documents

The Origins and History of Salome
Track Notes
Notation Guide and Disclaimer
13 "lyric" sheets
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-U2Mel ;)

PS: For those who tried to DL this before or did not want the wma files, let's pray this works! (Well, at least I will, lol.)

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=11577
requires membership

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom