new issue of Propaganda arrived today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
I wasn't expecting it but it came today! Only flicked through it so far but looks pretty good with a lots of interviews, stuff about the Elevation tour and Slane! and also in the letter it says here is issue 33 and that I am subscribed up to and including issue 34 so there must be another issue coming out and the one I got today is not the last one!

martha said:
Well, the Irish and the English have gotten theirs, with vague hints of future issues. When are we poor neglected Americanos going to get ours!?

Mine will probably come to Seattle while I'm on vacation in Dublin...just my luck. I've already told my sister when it comes "no peanut butter on the fingers, just set it on the table until I come back!"

martha said:
Well, the Irish and the English have gotten theirs, with vague hints of future issues. When are we poor neglected Americanos going to get ours!?

NO CRAP. Have they forgotten how to use airmail as well as how to produce a magazine in a timely fashion? Jaysus. :der:

I just hope that when I do receive it in February, it doesn't look like somebody put the package through the paper shredder, like last time.

I never joined Prop.

I had been planning on finally doing so when the news came that they were discontinuing it. Blarg. :(

WAH!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who still has seen neither hide nor hair of Propaganda. I'll just keep sending good vibes toward my mailbox.

If any of you have the time, I'd love to post in news about the new issue.. ergo: a scanned picture of the front of the issue or anything you are able to give me (us).

Thanks!! :wave:

Cover

HelloAngel said:
If any of you have the time, I'd love to post in news about the new issue.. ergo: a scanned picture of the front of the issue or anything you are able to give me (us).

Thanks!! :wave:

The cover is posted at www.u2tour.de/news/article694.html

3356576323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232333%3B7987%3C9ot1lsi

Last edited:
That is a kick ass cover!!! I hope I get it soon...I've only gotten one Prop so far. Guess I waited to long to join and missed out on most of the good stuff!

:|

I love that cover!!! I haven't gotten mine yet either! Now I guess I'll have to start bugging the mailman again :mac:

martha said:
the next tour will have 25 legs in the US so Bono can personally deliver all of them himself

WARNING! This message contains spoilers about the contents of the magazine. If you don't want to know it now, don't read it!

Hello,

It arrived yesterday! Yep, I found Propaganda in my mailbox. As said by others, it is a very nice issue. There are some eyewitness reports of various concerts, some small interviews with different crew members (Steve Iredale, Joe O'Herlihy (sp?), etc.), some stuff by Willie about the preparation before the tour and a one page interview with each band member.

Some highlights:
- Willie telling how Bono was doubting that the stage set (with the red heart) was maybe a bit too overwhelming, but when they played a show over the PA Bono became hugely enthusiastic.
- Bono saying in retrospect about ATYCLB that maybe they adhered a bit too rigidly to song structures, that it maybe lost some of its extraordinariness, something they would put back in with the next album.
- Edge falling in love again with the rock guitar.
- Many great pictures!

So hopefully the issue will arrive soon in a mailbox near you.

C ya!

Marty

Look both ways before crossing the street.

Don't go on a trip anytime soon.

Take a taxi home from the bar.

Avoid eating the blow fish at the Japanese resturant.

***Things to do while waiting for my Prop***

Popmartijn said:
WARNING! This message contains spoilers about the contents of the magazine. If you don't want to know it now, don't read it!

Some highlights:
- Bono saying in retrospect about ATYCLB that maybe they adhered a bit too rigidly to song structures, that it maybe lost some of its extraordinariness, something they would put back in with the next album.

So we can expect some new mixes of ATYCLB songs on U2 Best Of 2000-2010 :)

Back
Top Bottom