New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on #3... I guess it needs good hifi sound and powerfull bass to enjoy better. But man... I repeat myself but song 4 is the best I have listened from U2 in loooong time. It is pure U2, and bono and the edge as its best!!!!

#4 is probably the most intriguing, while being pure U2 to me it sounds the most different. And Bono sounds especially good :drool:

re: solo on #1...agree, I love #1 as a whole. It's a ballad-type song but it "moves." It will be AMAZING live

"Walk Out into the Sea" would indeed be cooler. Especially with waves added to the production. But as much as I would like to hear that, it still sounds like he's saying "Streets" to me.

Good call. The awesome part about that is it takes a very good song and takes it in a completely different, but still great, direction. It's those kind of 180 degree turns that will set this album apart from HTDAAB.

This is exactly right. This one part (and great pick-up on the bass!) gets me more excited than anything else...simply for what it implies about the way the band are treating this record.

Good call. The awesome part about that is it takes a very good song and takes it in a completely different, but still great, direction. It's those kind of 180 degree turns that will set this album apart from HTDAAB.

And don't forget Bono's voice a few seconds before that track cuts off (dear God let there be another 45 seconds or more on the album version). He sounds amazing there. Simply amazing.

Well I sort of listened but I'm at work so I cant turn it up. :angry:

Cant wait to get home and see what the sexy boots are all about.

Yeah, if you think about it...U2 hasn't really used the outro much recently. Did they at all on Bomb?

Achtung Baby is full of outros (Fly, UTEOTW, MW) and damn are they all delicious. While I agree that this doesn't sound like AB part 2, it's nice to see that era's outro-love coming back.

And don't forget Bono's voice a few seconds before that track cuts off (dear God let there be another 45 seconds or more on the album version). He sounds amazing there. Simply amazing.

:yes: Haha, yeah, Bono definitely didn't toss these vocals on at the last second. As long as the setlists are good, this tour is going to be one of the best in a long time, or at least the 00's, because he is in GREAT voice at the moment.

I think what we're hearing is definitely just about finished. The arrangement is very good, the song takes the appropriate turns, and it peaks where it should, right near the end.

:yes: Haha, yeah, Bono definitely didn't toss these vocals on at the last second. As long as the setlists are good, this tour is going to be one of the best in a long time, or at least the 00's, because he is in GREAT voice at the moment.

I think what we're hearing is definitely just about finished. The arrangement is very good, the song takes the appropriate turns, and it peaks where it should, right near the end.

My assumption is that the songs Bono played are in the bag. They probably have a little work to do on a few tracks, but I doubt those are being aired right now.

My assumption is that the songs Bono played are in the bag. They probably have a little work to do on a few tracks, but I doubt those are being aired right now.

I think the album is all done except for (just a guess) mastering and packaging, so I have little doubt that these songs are probably mixed and ready to go. But I'm not sure if we're at the "OMG THE EDGE IS ON FIRE LET ME PUT THE NEW CD DOWN AND GET A FIRE EXTINGUISHER...OOPS WHERE DID THE CD GO" stage yet.

I think the album is all done except for (just a guess) mastering and packaging, so I have little doubt that these songs are probably mixed and ready to go. But I'm not sure if we're at the "OMG THE EDGE IS ON FIRE LET ME PUT THE NEW CD DOWN AND GET A FIRE EXTINGUISHER...OOPS WHERE DID THE CD GO" stage yet.

:lmao: I hope we are soon! of course that happened in, what, July? And we didn't get a leak til not very long before the album was out

Yeah that's pretty likely. The release date was obviously determined long ago by McG, so the actual stage of album completion doesn't really hinge on that whatsoever. Could have been totally done (music-wise) for 3 months or more.

It's also really cool to see how the U2.com clips fit into these tracks (Edge's guitar in Only Love chorus, Adam's bass in WOITS outro, etc.). Makes me appreciate the video clips a lot more now.

:lmao: I hope we are soon! of course that happened in, what, July? And we didn't get a leak til not very long before the album was out

I'm almost certain it was July. The strange thing is, I remember the beach clips we received then (July/August 04) being of a lot lower quality than this, and they were certainly shorter. We hit paydirt this time. :dance:

It's also really cool to see how the U2.com clips fit into these tracks (Edge's guitar in Only Love chorus, Adam's bass in WOITS outro, etc.). Makes me appreciate the video clips a lot more now.

Edge's guitar in Only Love? really? which guitar exactly? second guitar in edgeback video? :hmm:

After a couple of listens I like them all, but four sounds like the real classic to me. I'd give my right leg to hear the last half of that song performed live.

After a couple of listens I like them all, but four sounds like the real classic to me. I'd give my right leg to hear the last half of that song performed live.
oooohhhhh yessssss :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: this moment when everything stops and slide guitar starts with great bono's voice following it... it reminds me a bit the pause before misterious way's edge's solo (live)

The only set of clips I can remember sounding better than this was the summer 2006 clips recorded when the band was with Rick Rubin.

Speaking of which, it makes me sad that we probably won't hear I Believe and All My Life at any point in the future...those were both really strong songs, particularly the former, which contained some AMAZING guitar work from Edge.

I guess the first clip IS no line on the horizon based on the prior clip and guitar solo.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not entirely sure. :hmm:

The only set of clips I can remember sounding better than this was the summer 2006 clips recorded when the band was with Rick Rubin.

Speaking of which, it makes me sad that we probably won't hear I Believe and All My Life at any point in the future...those were both really strong songs, particularly the former, which contained some AMAZING guitar work from Edge.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm not entirely sure. :hmm:

you never know it could pop up on this spiderman soundtrack ;)

could someone please go ahead and make it 5pm so i can go home and listen to these?

i've actually considered faking illness to go home early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom