New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i really still think we need to hear the songs properly before judging,

but IMO, there is an energy to these songs, an energy i havent seen from the band for quite some time (and yes i do love HTDAAB)

they just sound "different" to what U2 have done before

I'm assuming the 4 tracks don't contain Cedars of Lebanon. If there's a clip somewhere I would appreciate if you could let me know where it is because I thought I had all of them.

This stuff in low quality still sound great. Loving Bono's voice. Loving the whole band. It sounds like fine dining causing your mouth to drool.

Track 1 is like a masterpiece of some kind, though I can hear parts that stupid Coldplay fans will say is like Viva la Vida. Give me a break! :lol: There's a hint in there that reminds me of the Larry in the studio clip, but I could be wrong.

Track 2 sounds like some kind of classic rock song from Bruce Springsteen but better with nice little Edge guitar parts.

Track 3 has a nice fast tempo and could rival EBTTRT for awesome driving song.

Track 4 sounds like some awesome Simple Minds song they never did :hyper:

I hope there's enough for a 12 track album. U2 is like some pure drug I have to inject in my blood. After my mother passing away last week

I NEED THIS!:drool:

Sorry to read this purpleoscar, May God Bless Her, and you keep the spirit up!!!:hug:

These clips also prove that the rumours about scrapping the morocco sessions were bullshit.

:drool:Bonos voice in the 4th clip is leading me to believe that this CD will be their third best. Just a feeling, not a prediction. I mean its just soaring through all of the noise! Even his hums sound grand!!!

:drool:Bonos voice in the 4th clip is leading me to believe that this CD will be their third best. Just a feeling, not a prediction.

I feel that. To me that track sounds like The Unforgettable Fire mashed with Achtung baby with a big Heartland helping thrown in for the bridge/lead-up to the final chorus.

iTunes informs me that I've listened to each track 10 times. And honestly they sound better now than the first time I listened. As someone else said---real energy in these songs. Heavier guitar on WOITS verse and Sexy Boots than...well pretty much anything they've done that I can think of. Agressive. Yet still as melodic and tuneful as ever.

a couple questions since i'm at work and can't listen for another 5 hours:

- Are these full songs or just parts of songs?
- Is Sexy Boots deeper than...let's say....ABOY?
- Are these recordings as good as the 2006 beach clips? (got a no and a yes earlier)

The Clips encompass MOST of the tracks if not all. The sound quality is like the 2006 beach clips with waves and some guy talking. He had to act more natural so the security guy on the beach didn't notice his cellphone in his pants:scratch:

- Are these recordings as good as the 2006 beach clips? (got a no and a yes earlier)

full songs, all of them

a lot deeper IMO, a lot less "trying so hard to rock and can't" (sorry for ABOY lovers...)

a little bit worse than the 2006 clips

still 4,5 hours...

mostly all full really.
sexy boots is nothing like vertigo or ABOY...just has a great flow, kick ass bass.
i would say about the same,

full songs, all of them

a lot deeper IMO, a lot less "trying so hard to rock and can't" (sorry for ABOY lovers...)

a little bit worse than the 2006 clips

still 4,5 hours...

thank you! yeah, i'm dying over here. i just got to work as these were being posted.

so i have this, hopefully the new verve album leaking, and the Packers' pre-season opener tonight to look forward to. it's the best Monday i've had in a while!

doubt we can ever top Achtung, but this might be one of their best if the rest of the tracks sound like this.
plus we got that new u2.com of that awesome beat, which is another song....

Bono sounds great on #2...Edge is on fire too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom