New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I remember that gig. I didn't count it because it was a live performance, not voyeuristic eavesdropping. :wink:

i don't think it was live though, but now i'm splitting hairs. I think it was just bono singing. that weird UK stuff prevents them from playing live on TV i think. but fair enough.

Clip 4 - chord sequence is as follows (my guitar may be out of tune so it could be in a slightly different key):

Chorus/Solo - F#m, C#m, A, E, B, Bm...then back to F#m and repeat.

It is an absolutely beautiful chord sequence. I love that they are bringing back a bit of the melancholy with all the minor chords. Also the trippy bit before solo seems to just be a sustained F#m.

Any guitar players who can confirm or deny this? Try it out, it's beautiful.

First impression with clip 5 was a bit "wtf?" :doh: but after listening to it a few times, I start to like it quite a lot, not so much as clip1 or clip4, but chorus is quite catchy. I am happy that at least it is not a crappy song at all. So IMHO we have 5 good songs so far :hyper:.

I would sort them like that in how much I like them:

Only just got the clips, I can't believe it, Its been the U2 I've been waiting for years!

Its soulful, edgy, gritty, yet so refined without sounding conceited. Its uplifting, melancholic and thoughtful. It lifts your spirit up and gets your blood running and yet highly appreciative of the moments that instill a feeling of satisfaction.

I'm STOKED!!!!!!!!!!

I bet this album will debut at #1 and then quickly fall off the charts. They will embark on a tour for it that will be recieved with mix reviews.... and in the end it will be an album that purists and doubters love while a majority of the people here will hate, ala POP #2.

I don't think so. I think that if the album will sound like the beach clips sound right now, it will be huge. It won't be Pop II, but an album that is widely praised by the public, just like ATYCLB. It will stay in the charts and the singles will be successful as well. I especially see Sexy Boots (or whatever it will be called) being strong on radio, it has an irresistible groove. Of couse some fans will be pissed, while others will embrace it, but it will be a great album to take on tour. And the next U2 tour will be even more in demand, with tickets being even harder to get than on the last tour.

clip 5 improves with each listen...i am liking quite a bit now

but it seems like it's only half the song. has anybody confirmed that? It seems like the recording starts midway through

clip 5 improves with each listen...i am liking quite a bit now

but it seems like it's only half the song. has anybody confirmed that? It seems like the recording starts midway through

Haven´t heard this clip myself and think I´ll wait until the album comes out but I recall LMF saying that he cut the first 90 seconds of this clip due to the excessive amount of talking

BTW: How long is the clip and what is its possible title?

#5 sounds like a nice song - some pretty interesting chord changes, very soulful, a bit like a more complicated "In a Little While" and I think the Baby Baby Baby bit is beautiful. There's one quite bizarre and jarring transition from a verse to the woahwoah bit at 1:34 - sounds terrible to my ears!!

I've had the rest of the tracks for a few days now and they are just getting better and better. #4 in particular will not leave my head and #2 has really grown on me. Excellent stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom