New Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is No Line On The Horizon still supposed to be the first single? :scratch: I read that a few weeks ago, but after listening to track #1, I can't imagine this being the first song everyone hears from the album. It's fantastic, but a weird choice if true.

Still not hearing the "sexy boots" line.....

Hey, also, I see people refering to #1 as No Line on the Horizon..... It clearly isn't though! On previous leaks we've had the chorus line "No line on the horizon, no line." that isn't the same song. maybe this is Moment of Surrender???

Whatever's the songs name, I love the feel of it though.... it's a physical place... I can't wait to hear a decent recording and start spending all of my time there!

Once #4 hits the three minute mark it becomes absolutely beautiful...it sounds a bit like Stateless and Heartland there.

#1 I dont think its NLOTH, does anyone here those words in it?

#2 Walk Out (into the streets) sounds different from the first clip we got,a little slower more lucid imo, nice to see the creative process at work.

#3 unlike anything ive heard b4, its like a mix up of elevation/vertigo/somedays are better than others, haha i doubt it'll be called sexy boots

#4 one word. awesome.

so whatya u guys think real leak by the end of August?

Does the 16th of June ring any bells in the history of U2? sure i hear that line in song 2.

#1 I dont think its NLOTH, does anyone here those words in it?

#2 Walk Out (into the streets) sounds different from the first clip we got,a little slower more lucid imo, nice to see the creative process at work.

#3 unlike anything ive heard b4, its like a mix up of elevation/vertigo/somedays are better than others, haha i doubt it'll be called sexy boots

#4 one word. awesome.

so whatya u guys think real leak by the end of August?

real leak - middle november.

Does the 16th of June ring any bells in the history of U2? sure i hear that line in song 2.

in #2 I clearly hear the lines, aside from the Chorus (walk out into the streets), "Why would I let a stranger into my home?" around the 23 secs

I'm betting:

First single (leak) - September 10
First single (proper release) - September 15

Album (leak) - October 30
Album (proper release) - November 17

Here is my evaluation after 10 or so listens to each

#1 is great IMO kind of an airy feel to it like your in a big open air place and Bono is singing to you.

#2 is my favorite absolutely stunning I love the WAAAALLLLKKKK OUUUTT it is brilliant

#3 is very rocky but there is a bit of an arabic ballad in the DNA

#4 is just wow not as good as #2 but it is something special kind of a Beautiful Day meets With or Without You

Last edited:
Track 1: Great joint vocal work by the band. Don't know why I've got Prince's "You've Got The Look" stuck in my head after the first couple of listens.
Track 2: "Walk Out Into The Streets". Those who listened to the HQ clips will be well familiar already. Nice dirty bass riff in the verses with an unusual vocal style by Bono. The chorus is more vintage of U2 with some nice backing vocals.
Track 3: Another quality riff driven intro over slapped out vocal. Chorus rises on a classic U2 driven bass & is not too far removed from Fast Cars.
Track 4: "Only Love". Mid-tempo, more rock than ballad with some great guitar work from The Edge. Beautiful falsetto bridge caught by some trademark slide. Pumps along nicely - good driving song.

Can we guess that all these 4 tracks will be on the album ?.
Chances are promising but are we looking at another album of singles.
I would have love to heard one atmospheric album track like TUF or Bad.
Maybe the unheard 6/7 tracks will fit that bill.
Overall Track 3>Track 2>Track 4>Track 1

I think U2 is going to give Coldplay a run for their money. They seemed to have worked hard on this album. Eno and Lanois also, (because of their financial interest as co-songwriters), are working harder and adding more atmosphere.

I think U2 is going to give Coldplay a run for their money. QUOTE]
Bono does that when he snores! :)

:lol: Coldplay deserve it after the hype they brought on the last album and their attitude of being the best band. Also comments on how to "make better tunes and U2." Radiohead is good but too depressing, and Coldplay don't know how to rock out like U2. Coldplay is smart though in not competing for grammy awards with U2. U2 will qualify after October 2008 for the 2010 awards. Coldplay is probably going to have to compete with Radiohead and Duffy for album of the year in the 2009 awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom