New Best Of This Year ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
Hi friends .
I just have heard on Chilean Radio U2 are going to release a brand new compilation late this year, a double CD plus mini DVD.

THey don't know the title yet, but it's about a best of. I don't remember all the songs included ( they say about 30 ones ) but some ones they said will be Out Of Control, In God?s Country, The Fly, Lemon, Bullet THe Blue Sky, Gloria, Please, Walk On, Elevation, If God Will Send His Angels, MLK, WHo?s Gonna Ride..., One Tree Hill, Running To Stand Still, etc.

THe new album would be available early next year 2005 ( They said March 2005 )

I don?t know if this is just a rumor. Keep informed:wave: :wave: :wave: :lol: :lol:

:scratch: why? when there has just been one recently! The only thing I can think of is a best of album tracks, non singles ect...was going to say that this would probably be a unofficial release but U2 would not allow that.

From what I've heard, U2 are contracted to deliver 2 Best Of's - I can't see why [logistically] they would release a retread of the first 2 Best Ofs.

I heard the rumor they're making a Best of 80-90 DVD and the album, nothing about a new Best of yet. 2 or 3 people in the where the album has no name said they're contracted to 3 Best of's though.

:shrug:

I agree with you friends. We don't want another mistake like "Best of 1990-2000", what about official bootlegs on CD or DVD intead ?? :yes: :yes: :yes:
It would be better idea releasing a remastered version of all their albums :yes: :yes:
keep informed :wave: :wave: :wave:

The worst mistake in the "best of 90-00" was that they didn't put The Fly..I'll never forgive 'em that..
yeah,and on the 80-90-Bullet The Blue Sky.what were they thinking?

No it would be called "The REST of the BEST"!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually u2log.com Brazil already said about a new compilation called "The Rest Of The Best" last year, so maybe what I heard is about the same compilation :shocked:
Who knows :wave: :wave: :wave:

It has been confirmed that it will be called the Best Of: 2001 - 2003 and the tracklisting is:

1. Big Girls Are Best
2. Big Girls Are Best (Soggy Bottom Mix)
3. Big Girls Are Best (acoustic)
4. Big Girls Are Best (Live at Edge's house)
5. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix
6. Electrical Storm (Xylophone Mix)
7. Electrical Storm (Band Rehearsing Mix)
8. Electrical Storm (Another William Orbit Mix
9. Electrical Storm (Live at Adam's house)
10. Bono clearing his throat (Zootoopialanderzooface Remix)

itd be cool if it was a 'best of' live compilation that featured many songs that didnt make the first two 'best of' cuts, as well as really sweet versions of all the extremely popular songs played live...i could imagine a live best of taking up two cd's as many concert albums do

I could maybe see them putting out a best of that would include the best stuff of their entire career. It would be targeted at the people who are very casual fans who just want a single disc with the best stuff of all eras instead of having to buy two compilations (one for '80-'90 and one for '90-'00). But this is probably just a bullshit rumor. I do hope, however, that the rumor about the Best of 1980-1990 DVD is true.

hola compatriota !!! ya me sent?a un tanto solo por estos lados :wave: :wave: :wave:
desde hace mucho tiempo quer?a saber si hab?a una p?gina oficial de Lemon, gracias amigo !!!:yes:

well, better I write in English, because I want all friends here understand what I?m writting !!

By the way, where are you from in Chile pepokiss ???

Saludos desde Vi?a Del Mar :wave: :wave: :wave:
VAMOS POR EL GRUPO MUNDIAL DE TENIS !!!!

Numbology said:
The worst mistake in the "best of 90-00" was that they didn't put The Fly..I'll never forgive 'em that..
yeah,and on the 80-90-Bullet The Blue Sky.what were they thinking?

Yeah, I thought I saw somewhere that "The Fly" was a hidden track on Best of 90-00, but not on my copy, that's for sure. :( But I think Gloria should have gone on Best of 80-90-instead of one of R&H tracks, maybe. We need some more October representation!

Me either, except that's a lot more than what I paid for my copy...

Back
Top Bottom