New bands that are influencing U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dano

The Fly
I'm trying to get music from new bands that are either influencing U2 or that U2 likes. So far I can think of the Thrills, Snow Patrol, Radiohead, and Coldplay. What other bands can you guys think of?

I wouldn't quite call Radiohead new, but since you mentioned them, I think Oasis deserves mention, too. The chorus of "Staring at the Sun" is very much Oasis-like. They'e also mentioned Scissor Sisters, I believe the Killers, the Hives, and Franz Ferdinand

There was a thread a while back about who the band members were listening to, but I couldn't find it. If anyone finds it, could you post the link?

White Stripes is the newest band to influence U2 the most.

Reasons:

1. U2 obviously liked their video for Seven Nation Army because they used the same directors for the Vertigo video.

2. If you listen to ABOY (alternate version). The vocal part in the verse sounds very similar to White Stripe falsetto style.

boosterjuice said:
White Stripes is the newest band to influence U2 the most.

Reasons:

1. U2 obviously liked their video for Seven Nation Army because they used the same directors for the Vertigo video.

2. If you listen to ABOY (alternate version). The vocal part in the verse sounds very similar to White Stripe falsetto style.

Not to mention the color scheme. :wink:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Bono and Edge mentioned it a couple of times and it is noticable in Love and Peace or Else.

UnforgettableLemon said:
I wouldn't quite call Radiohead new, but since you mentioned them, I think Oasis deserves mention, too.

This is a good point. I guess what I meant to say was bands that are making music today. I ask because a lot of times you hear Bono talking about the Clash, Ramones, Who, Marvin Gaye, Marley, etc. who are all influences from the past.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom