NEW American Prayer mp3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THANK YOU I Move In Mysterious Ways & LivLuvAndBootlegMusic!!
Finally I was able to hear this song. I just listened to it in my headphones and from when Bono sais "guitar solo", and when the children start singing along with Bono, and then the African singers start... truely it nearly brought me to tears.
I could never knock it, I am sure it was beautiful to see in person with all the others singing along.

:bono: :hug:

I :heart: Bono

I really love that last part...the lines in my sig...it gave me chills...if I had been there I would have probably chocked up...

The man has such a big heart...how can you NOT love him...

FishNeedsABicycle said:

I really love that last part...the lines in my sig...it gave me chills...if I had been there I would have probably chocked up...

Probably.....that's how it was.

:hug: :bono:

Thanks alot.

I like it! :heart:

* Bono fuzzies *

If anyone else wants to download it I just moved it to the "New Stuff" folder.

I am surprised how much I loved it. There was a lot of criticism about it on this board. Really catchy. They continue to amaze me. This will most likely never see the light of day and yet it is brilliant. They should really release this to raise money for the cause. I think it has real hit quality. The What's Going On CD didn't do very well because it kinda sucked (although I liked the London Mix) and the Wyclef song was awful.This would be a great vehicle to raise awareness.

Last edited:
Yeah, I loved the singing at the end. Do you really think this will be released in a studio version?

...that forum link answered my question--I can't wait.

Last edited:
:sad:

what a beautiful song....I love these lines

Remember that what you see,
depends on where you stand
and how you jump
will tell you where you're gonna land

if you get to the top of the mountain
will you tell me what you see
if you get to the top of the mountain
remember me

Personally I think it sounds better than Electrical Storm and The Hands That Built America - even the way it is now... It has potential to be developed into something more.

No criticism is allowed, then?

I suppose this thread isn't for me, as this song is :censored: :censored: :censored: .

a few things...

1. THIS IS NOT A U2 SONG
2. THIS IS NOT A U2 SONG
3. This is NOT a studio recording, it's from the soundboard at Wheaton, it's not professionally mixed or any of that. This recording sounds like they recorded it in a bathroom with three people. It's missing a WHOLE LOT of parts, some parts are way too amplified, and basically it sounds almost nothing like what it sounded like live.
4. THIS IS NOT A U2 SONG

that is all, have a nice day

Kristie said:
THIS IS NOT A U2 SONG

Thank God for that. Cause if it were and this song was an indication of where the band is headed, then I'd seriously have to question my faith in the band.

I never thought I'd say this...but this song is a perfect example to me of Bono's political goals/insatiable-urge-to-inspire-people-into-action taking too much precedence over THE MUSIC. The idea and the lyrics (although in many places kinda awkward and bordering on corny) are nice, but the music is uninspiring and mediocre to me. I mean, it's an ok song, I guess, but that's it. It's just ok. There are too many just ok songs out there today. Yeah, I know this song is probably still in it's infancy, but it's definitely an awkward child.

Bono and gang were talking about this punk, alive, fresh vibe they've been getting in the studio sessions for the new album. Maybe giving this out to the public was a way of throwing us off so we'll be even more surprised when the new album comes out with a fresh new sound. I hope that's the case.

____
:shifty: I'm not usually this pessimistic.

Diemen said:

Thank God for that. Cause if it were and this song was an indication of where the band is headed, then I'd seriously have to question my faith in the band.

I never thought I'd say this...but this song is a perfect example to me of Bono's political goals/insatiable-urge-to-inspire-people-into-action taking too much precedence over THE MUSIC. The idea and the lyrics (although in many places kinda awkward and bordering on corny) are nice, but the music is uninspiring and mediocre to me. I mean, it's an ok song, I guess, but that's it. It's just ok. There are too many just ok songs out there today. Yeah, I know this song is probably still in it's infancy, but it's definitely an awkward child.

Bono and gang were talking about this punk, alive, fresh vibe they've been getting in the studio sessions for the new album. Maybe giving this out to the public was a way of throwing us off so we'll be even more surprised when the new album comes out with a fresh new sound. I hope that's the case.

____
:shifty: I'm not usually this pessimistic.

Yeah, it's definitely one of those "I guess I had to have been there situations" and I don't think that the song is in any way indicative of the direction the band is headed. I'm not sure why people assumed it was. Bono just said it was something he'd been working on with Dave Stewart, was all. I don't know if that means they'd worked on it specifically for the DATA thing, although after hearing and seeing the song a bunch of times, that's what it looked like, but who knows. :shrug:

i think bono should maybe spend a bit more time with the guy who gave us all "pyramid song" and "like spinning plates" as opposed to someone who was partly responsible for "sweet dreams are made of these this there then."

Diemen said:

____

Or maybe....you're just a dumbass who can't get it through your head this may not even be a new U2 song! I mean, if it is, then so be it, but it definately needs some work. I know U2 said the next album would be heavier. But I guarantee you that not all 12 or whatever tracks are going to be heavy songs. Achtung is considered heavy, and it gave us "So cruel". If all 12 songs were going to be these heavy rockers, I wouldn't like that. Diversify, man! This song will need work, serious work before it is released in any official way. But if it's on the next album, it'll be one of the more touching moments. I doubt very much that U2 would have a bunch of African tribe members singing on an album, though. So maybe not.

mug222 said:
No criticism is allowed, then?

I suppose this thread isn't for me, as this song is :censored: :censored: :censored: .

(In a low, monotone voice)

Fuckin' Fuck You! :|

(Thank you ;) )

Back
Top Bottom