New Album Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lew07

The Fly
From @U2.com
January 30, 2004

"French fan site U2achtung.com says they've heard from Universal Music France, and the word is that the U2 album is expected for September/October. They also say there's no word from the record label regarding album or song titles. (Thanks LC.)"

Looks like it's more like an October release, just like ATYCLB. Wasn't "behind" suposed to come out in March 2000 and then IT got bumped? Seems like an annoying trend for U2 to follow.

I think that Sky hawk will be the new single. It sort of makes sense. "sky captain and the world of tomorrow" is due out around July.....3 months later, new album.

if the first single will be a soundtrack for a movie, this would be really really really crap! if they associate their next album, indeed first single, which should be an absolutely u2 event, with a movie, this would be a shame!! :madspit: : :scream: :angry: :grumpy: :down: :shocked: :coocoo: :yell:

babyman said:
if the first single will be a soundtrack for a movie, this would be really really really crap! if they associate their next album, indeed first single, which should be an absolutely u2 event, with a movie, this would be a shame!! :madspit: : :scream: :angry: :grumpy: :down: :shocked: :coocoo: :yell:

I agree that I wouldn't want U2 to be associated with that movie. But from a business perspective, it would help both the movie and U2. Being associated with a U2 song/video will give the movie some big publicity, and U2 being associated with the movie will get people interested in their song/new album.

So even though it's every fan's nightmare, it does make sense for U2 to do the song for this movie. They are an older band who have been "away" for quite some time. They are going to have to find ways to get into the ears of as many people as they can. This movie would probably be a good way. U2, while extremely popular, will once again have to work their ass off to remain extremely popular. They can't just release an album and expect it to take off. They have to promote the shit out of it. So be prepared to see U2 on every talk show/radio show/variety show that you can imagine. I hope they go on Conan O'Brien

Why is U2's song being associated with a movie such a bad thing? I don't see anyone whining about HMTMKMKM, Stay, Elevation, The Ground Beneath Her Feet ...

also, this song may not be on the album, and it will be released as a single for the soundtrack (hmtmkmkm, tgbhf), and there should be enough of a gap to get the first album single out sometime before oct.

Numb1075 said:
For my own edification - what is PLEBA?

According to Bono it is where the scary girls are. :wink:

*raises hand* I'm proud to be a scary girl and I :love: PLEBA.

Oh PLEBA is a forum here at Interference.

Sky Hawk will be out in June, with the Sky Captain movie. I think the exact release date for the movie is June 12th. We will have a new, rocking U2 tune to tide us over till the release in the fall. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom