New Album to Rival Joshua Tree...so say's recording star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmb737

Refugee
I am posting this information to try and pass on what to me was some very exciting news. Here goes:

I happen to be in a line of work where I come into contact with artists, producers, engineers that have access to and friendships with people who are very high up (if not all the way up) with U2. I have been told, first hand, by a very reliable source that is as close to one of the biggest recording artists in Nashville some information about some new tracks for the new album. This person told me that this recording artist heard 6 new tracks in the personal presence of Bono himself (who was dancing around singing along) and that in the opinion of this VERY well respected and famous artist...this new album will rival the Joshua Tree in every aspect. There is a possibility that U2 may very well pull out the best album of their career.

Again, I do not mean to be so vague...I just need to protect myself and the person that told me this. I really cannot elaborate more, so take it as you will...but as an 11 year U2 fan...I believe every word of what I was told.

Just thought we could all use a little pick me up...what with the winter email.

:scratch:

with all these diffrent rumors, i dont know what to believe anymore...alot of others may not believe you either.......but if thats true that news sounds good

Hi.. I'm new to this forum, but I have been a U2 fan for a very long time. About this new album, I too don't know what to think.. spring.. summer.. winter.. It's been such a long wait already, I'm ok with waiting longer, as long as it's awesome.

:shrug: Who knows what to think anymore. :| This post sounds very believable to me. :yes: I am just struggling with the idea that U2 would scrap a whole album and start again, it just does not make sense. I think if there has been a delay, that it is not because of the songs, it may be that Bono's trip to Africa has put a snag on the first release date. I am still hoping against hope that it'll come out before winter, but I am not gonna hold my breath.
I remember seeing an interview and Larry saying that he admired Bono's outside work, but he thought that if Bono was going to do that he should do it right, and give it his all.... in other words don't try to do both at once U2/Africa .... so maybe they just pushed the album/tour back a bit to let Bono finish the trip.

EPandAmerica said:
:shrug: Who knows what to think anymore. :| This post sounds very believable to me. :yes: I am just struggling with the idea that U2 would scrap a whole album and start again, it just does not make sense. I think if there has been a delay, that it is not because of the songs, it may be that Bono's trip to Africa has put a snag on the first release date. I am still hoping against hope that it'll come out before winter, but I am not gonna hold my breath.
I remember seeing an interview and Larry saying that he admired Bono's outside work, but he thought that if Bono was going to do that he should do it right, and give it his all.... in other words don't try to do both at once U2/Africa .... so maybe they just pushed the album/tour back a bit to let Bono finish the trip.

Its not the full album its a few tracks that didnt turn at as they wanted thats all!
This new bit of info gives us all hope of a cracking album whenever it comes out!!:up:

Last edited:
This sounds very cool, i hope it's true!!!

Do you know or could you tell us what elements of the songs make it rival The Joshua Tree?

-Bonos lyrics
-Edges guitar
-larry
-adam
-form of songs
-producer
-energy
-emotion
-???

Did u hear enough to throw us a bone???

The person that gave me this info, also a U2 fan, did not elaborate exactly on what made the songs so exciting. I also did not particularly pry, as much as I wanted to.

As for the artist, in their particular genre...there is no one bigger. The person sells out arenas, owns airplanes, very very big...very very credible. Also not country.

Do you think you could tell us who this celebrity is AFTER a single or the album is released???

Thanx again!!

Let the detective work begin...

[ Celebrity Sights ]
And don't think just country stars live here. Nashville is home to the contemporary Christian music industry, so Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith and Steve Curtis Chapman are among those who call Middle Tennessee home.

Nashville also has become something of a retirement community for old pop and rock stars who are attracted by a slower pace and world-class recording facilities and songwriters.

Among those who live here, at least part time, are Peter Frampton, Donna Summer, Steve Winwood, Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers, John Fogerty and Kim Carnes.

And with their Super Bowl appearance, several Titans now are national celebrities, including Eddie George, quaterback Steve McNair and Frank Wycheck.

So where can you eyeball celebrities?

Well, the simple answer is, anywhere that upper-middle class folks eat, shop or get their hair done.

Martina McBride, Jo Dee Messina and Lonestar lead singer Richie McDonald, get their hair done at Trumps in Green Hills. Lee Ann Womack is among a bunch of celebs who get their hair done at Trim on 12th Avenue South.

Vince Gill has been spotted at the Green Hills YMCA.

On the restaurant scene, celebs tend to favor Sunset Grill (pop singer Jewel loves it when she's in town) and The Trace in Hillsboro Village.

If you're hard core, you might try Loew's Vanderbilt Plaza, where every huge celeb from the Rolling Stones to Englebert Humperdinck stays when in town. This can make for quite the cool/eclectic scene at the piano bar in the lobby.

Finally, a word about celeb etiquette in Nashville: Many stars, including Madonna, Jewel and Frampton, say they like our fair city because they can move around without throngs of people approaching them to ask for autographs, pictures or special papal blessings

not country... recording in nashville... huge in genre...

i'd say jay-z but he's obviously not in nashville... pavorotti perhaps? but what the hell would he be doin' in nashville... rich rubin spends a lot of time down there, but he's a producer, not an artist... or this could be some more of the preverbial smoketh up they asseth... :hmm:

i knew it... steve mcnair

Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith and Steve Curtis Chapman Peter Frampton, Donna Summer, Steve Winwood, Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers, John Fogerty and Kim Carnes. Martina McBride, Jo Dee Messina and Lonestar lead singer Richie McDonald,Vince Gill, Madonna, Jewel

the only person of the people listed by flying fu who could possiably be considered at the top of his/her genre is obviously michael mcdonald... he has the b-list phone commercial celebrity thing on lock... :wink:

so are you trying to tell us that madonna told you the album rocks?:crack:

Has to be Michael W. Smith. He's the only one on that list who would be considered top of his genre and sells out arenas. He's a big U2 fan, too. Also he's not a country artist, as that was another stipulation.

Last edited:
ThatGuy said:
Has to be Michael W. Smith. He's the only one on that list who would be considered top of his genre and sells out arenas. He's a big U2 fan, too. Also he's not a country artist, as that was another stipulation.

I was just about to post the exact same thing. Michael and Bono are friends also, and are both involved with the same charities. I would imagine it is Michael.

By the way, thanks for posting some good news in this time of bad news. This is the only light at the end of the tunnel we've seen in awhile....that it will be amazing, and worth the wait.

The Fly...It is good to see other U2 fans in Tennessee. Maybe you could get your connection to convince U2 to book Gaylord Entertainment Center for the next tour...but I do like my road trips to Memphis, Atlanta, and Lexington....Thanks for the post I hope Wynona is Right!!!

Back
Top Bottom