New Album to Rival Joshua Tree...so say's recording star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this info came from Ashley Judd, and it is very believable to me. I believe that she or her sister would have heard new songs in the presence of Bono.

I think the album is DONE. The release date may be pushed back due to some circumstance, but it will be out this year and it will be WONDERFUL! :hyper:

Oh and no we shouldn't close this forum, because even with the hoaxes and jokes, your best gems of information can be found here. :yes:

I saw this post over at u2tours.com....take this for what it's worth??
Im a big fan from new zealand and have been living in london for a few years now hoping I would be able to catch a show or to before returning home.
I have been working for a firm over here for a while and have only recently worked out that my Irish boss has contacts directly within the U2 group.(his brother has been on the road with them since early 80s)
Since I have found out this I have been getting updates on the situation.
up untill just before christmas everything seemed to be going along just fine for a new album march/april with a late summer tour to follow.
Since this my bosses brother has been informed there will be no tour in 2004 and we will be luckey to see a new album this year as well as they have only completed 5 new tracks!
I dont know what everyone else thinks but for some reason its all been put back as if somthing may have happened.
I remember also they pulled the pin at the last minute on another leg of the elevation tour to "get into the studio"that was 4 years ago!!
I just think "somthing" might be going on.

Why is it that whenever we hear some good news we always then get some bad news? I know this might not be true, but even still its not cool.

4 years ago? Not likely... Last leg of Elevation tour ended December 2001... just 2 years and 1 month ago.

And about those only 5 finished tracks... I don't believe it. 2 years -- 5 tracks? Just can't believe it, sorry... I think it might be delayed... for a release in May, as Anton Corbijn said...

They can't be making the artwork without the record finished... so... it IS finished.

good point about Anton....I kinda forgot. It will be here soon, just not when we want it. It will be good and then we'll know what took so damn long.

I think they want to take their time with artwork, marketing strategies, tour design, maybe B-sides... even tracklisting... but I really think the album is done.

It's just... I think they want to take us by surprise. I think that's a good sign. Let people forget about them, at least a little... and suddenly show up. Unexpected. No stealed songs, no stealed cover... no tracklists... just... BANG!!! The album is out!!!

It might show too than they're very confident about the quality of the material... if not, Adam wouldn't have said "we're done", nor Bono...

And above all... Anton is making photos. Anton wouldn't make photos unless the album is done. So... it's done.

:hyper:

Good to hear positive things among all the confusion (for the record, I don't believe the "Winter" - later changed anyway - rumor. I believe Adam, Anton Corbijn May info, McGuiness that said it's finished and I believe Bono and Edge and Joe o Herlihy when they said tour is on the way this year too).
If the album is indeed THIS good, it will be worth all the wait.

Last edited:
Rastat said:
And above all... Anton is making photos. Anton wouldn't make photos unless the album is done. So... it's done.

didnt anton also take photos like a long ass time ago? this is his second go around, who knows if its the last?

maybe the album was "done" at one time, but who's to say u2 didnt listen again and decide to do some more tweaking or something?

the album is done...
but when is bono going to africa and when is he coming back?!!

I think what we all need to do is sit back, and acknowledge that not one of us can say when it will be out.

It might be in March/ May/ August/ Winter/ Never/ Tomorrow
They might be done recording/ still recording/ re-recording/ starting over
All these supposed sources (Edge's cousin, U2 rep, etc) might be telling the truth/ lying/ misleading us/ just plain wrong.

The point is, we can hold nothing to be concrete fact. So we might as well just be open to anything at this point... no?

i heard on the radio recently that we should hear the first single from the new U2 album sometime in late febuary or early march and the cd will be reased in may with a tour starting early in the fall. no idea how creditable this info is, but the dj i heard it from normally has all his facts strate so i dono

It looks like Universal Italy is now saying the album will be released in May. So. let's see how this rumor now plays out. Fingers are crossed

THIS is true.
I mean, think about it...it all adds up! Elementary, watson!:wink:

cseggleton said:
I saw this post over at u2tours.com....take this for what it's worth??
Im a big fan from new zealand and have been living in london for a few years now hoping I would be able to catch a show or to before returning home.
I have been working for a firm over here for a while and have only recently worked out that my Irish boss has contacts directly within the U2 group.(his brother has been on the road with them since early 80s)
Since I have found out this I have been getting updates on the situation.
up untill just before christmas everything seemed to be going along just fine for a new album march/april with a late summer tour to follow.
Since this my bosses brother has been informed there will be no tour in 2004 and we will be luckey to see a new album this year as well as they have only completed 5 new tracks!
I dont know what everyone else thinks but for some reason its all been put back as if somthing may have happened.
I remember also they pulled the pin at the last minute on another leg of the elevation tour to "get into the studio"that was 4 years ago!!
I just think "somthing" might be going on.
I wouldn't put too much worry into this. I think, if anything, they only have 5 fully recorded and mixed tracks, and even this notion is a stretch. The album is cooked, finished, done like a chared salmon...though there's nothing fishy about it. Even if what is said is true, it still doesn't mean the remaining tracks aren't finished in their raw forms. I cannot remember which interview it was - but it was the one that was in 5 parts, streaming - in which Bono explicitely says, "We have, like, TEN singles." I don't think he would have said that if they only had five songs.

Last edited:
This comes from U2Log.com
By Any Other Name
We know you?re wary of false idols in these lean times. But U2log.com has some authentic, honest-to-goodness scoops for you: can you say ?working song titles?? We?re not at liberty to name our industry sources, but we can vouch for their accuracy. These titles are subject to change, so they could easily be different in their official release. Omnia mutantur and all that.

What we know:

?Sometimes You Can?t Make It On Your Own?? is a version of the song Bono sang at his father?s funeral in 2001. This one you probably knew; it?s been buzzed about since 2001 ? note, however, one source suggests it?s ?Can?, not ?Can?t?.
?Sky Hawk?? was described to us as ?epic, highbrow rock,? and is intended for the soundtrack to a major 2004 superhero film ? and therefore, could end up as the first song to reach the public.
?Love And Peace Or Else?? is reportedly ?bluesy.?
?Jahweh?? is a title that, you may recall, we slipped to you a while back. One source made a case for it as ?one of the greatest songs U2 have ever recorded.? Make of that what you will?

Our sources also indicated that the band?s claims that the album is a massive rocker are not hot air ? they seemed extremely impressed by what they?ve come in contact with. What we know, you now know too. Can it tide you over?

Michael Griffiths said:

I cannot remember which interview it was - but it was the one that was in 5 parts, streaming - in which Bono explicitely says, "We have, like, TEN singles." I don't think he would have said that if they only had five songs.

I listened to that interview with Dominic Mohan on Virgin Radio.
Can't remember the date but that is exactly what he said. I had mixed feeling about what he meant exactly,(10 singles) but it still
stuck in my mind. And it was Bono saying it in his own voice in the actual interview. If there's a transcript on their website I'll post it.

Thought I posted this before anyway for anyone that's interested.
http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/artists/u2/index.html
This is the link to the above mentioned interview. You have to get a VIP pass to listen to it, but it's free. It's a great interview and on the 3rd & 4th parts are where he talks about the album, etc.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Last edited:
so does "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" rival "The Joshua Tree"?

ah its fun reading old threads

remember when i was right about the album not being released in the spring :wink:

Chizip said:
ah its fun reading old threads

remember when i was right about the album not being released in the spring :wink:

yeah but answer my question chizzer.

Back
Top Bottom